#321 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

tumblr_lbrew1w8OQ1qa9yvvo1_400.gif

hahaha! Thank you! That's the first thing I thought of when he said suck an egg. The only time I heard that awful insult was in a parody lol

Nice party, why wasn't I invited?!

Edited by Onddeck, 25 June 2014 - 09:26 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#322 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Awesome. Thanks. Sorry for the outburst, just getting tired of all the negativity.

I can't handle it either.  I was told I was a part of the sunshine brigade in another thread. 

The problem would of course be that once Salvador is gone next year that they would look to replace him with a D of similar kind, or god forbid bring him back another year - well, that would be just awful.

There's no chace that Salvador is still in the NHL after this contract is up.  I think he's going to be lucky to finish out this next season.  His body is wearing out about just as fast as his foot speed.  He's complained about his groin and foot injuries on break-up day. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#323 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

I can't handle it either. I was told I was a part of the sunshine brigade in another thread.

There's no chace that Salvador is still in the NHL after this contract is up. I think he's going to be lucky to finish out this next season. His body is wearing out about just as fast as his foot speed. He's complained about his groin and foot injuries on break-up day.

The only thing I can think of at this point is to trade him to Buffalo for nothing a la Tallinder. There got 15 players under contract and $18 million to get to the floor. The Isles also need help getting to the floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#324 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

tumblr_lbrew1w8OQ1qa9yvvo1_400.gif

Nice. Hah. I like that

#325 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper:
"@JeffSammut590: At Rogers Center and Tim Leiweke is talking with Martin Brodeur. 4 what it's worth." Got that right #insider Sammy! #Devils
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice:
@RealKyper @JeffSammut590 Brodeur in Toronto for charity golf torunament with David Clarkson.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#326 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,139 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

Do you think Lou is courting Dave Bolland?

I just don't know...

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#327 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

Do you think Lou is courting Dave Bolland?

I just don't know...

Isn't Bolland looking for some nutjob deal for like 6 years and 5-6 mil a year or something?

#328 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,139 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Isn't Bolland looking for some nutjob deal for like 6 years and 5-6 mil a year or something?

He's looking for a lot, and there's probably a good number of teams looking at him...and just the very thought of Lou thinking this team badly needs Dave Bolland is scaring me. Any GM that really wants Dave Bolland should scare that team's fanbase.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#329 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

@renlavoietva: Talks between Rangers and Anton Stralman are not going as expected. We'll see if it's gona change in the next few days. #tvasports

#330 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,790 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

I don't think the Devils are interested in Bolland but who knows, that one is obviously going to be the worst contract of the off-season.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#331 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

He's looking for a lot, and there's probably a good number of teams looking at him...and just the very thought of Lou thinking this team badly needs Dave Bolland is scaring me. Any GM that really wants Dave Bolland should scare that team's fanbase.

Dave Bolland is a nice 3rd liner and I wouldn't mind having him on my team... For like 2-3 years and 3 mil per. Tops. But if a GM gives him anything more than that, I'd say that GM needs a thorough psychological examination.

#332 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,139 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

I don't think the Devils are interested in Bolland but who knows, that one is obviously going to be the worst contract of the off-season.

At the very least, the Bolland contract will be a gigantic win for the advanced stats community. Every GM and owner should be asking themselves "what happened?" when he is fvcking awful right away.

It was funny listening to Simmons and Dellow going at it on the radio today. If no one heard about it, they should search for it on twitter. As dumb as Simmons is, when you think about the buzz Bolland is creating and how little Gabrovski was getting last off-season, well more GMs are agreeing with Simmons and missing the point completely.

#333 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

At the very least, the Bolland contract will be a gigantic win for the advanced stats community. Every GM and owner should be asking themselves "what happened?" when he is fvcking awful right away.

It was funny listening to Simmons and Dellow going at it on the radio today. If no one heard about it, they should search for it on twitter. As dumb as Simmons is, when you think about the buzz Bolland is creating and how little Gabrovski was getting last off-season, well more GMs are agreeing with Simmons and missing the point completely.

Regardless what he says Simmons has brought hope to millions of fatties.

tumblr_lqk937033h1qg65klo1_400.gif

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#334 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

You can hear it here:

Real heated argument starts at 7:10 (about 3/4 of the way through) about Grabovski 

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 25 June 2014 - 07:40 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#335 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,501 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Good god some of you really think the worst of Lou.  If he wasn't going to give Clarkson a nutball contract last year he sure as shooting isn't giving it to another role player in Bolland this year.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#336 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

I look at the fancy stats with a bit of skepticism, but this radio host is moronic to the point that it must be an act. The caller could have done himself a favor by saying how Clarkson's playoff success on 2012 paid off for the Leafs this year.

At the same time, is Bolland really creating a buzz, or is it just the Leafs being stupid again? I mean I've seen tweets that talk about a lot of interest from different teams in Mark Fayne, but nothing like that about Bolland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#337 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,139 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

Good god some of you really think the worst of Lou.  If he wasn't going to give Clarkson a nutball contract last year he sure as shooting isn't giving it to another role player in Bolland this year.

All I am saying is we don't know. The past few seasons have been totally new for Lou. Reliance on free agency. Losing top players with no forward prospects to step in. How desperate does he get? He's never been someone to rely on the UFA market and so far not many have worked out. The Clowe contract still has the potential to be a disaster. What about trades? The Ruutu deal was a little desperate.

He is competitive to almost a fault. He will not let this team take a step back and sometimes pushing to go forward can hurt a team too. As for Clarkson, he probably had a nice number for him (way too much), but it wasn't what a few other teams were offering and definitely not in the years.

#338 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

if we end up losing fayne to free agency for nothing once again that would blow.. but oh well i guess. hate to see fayne go, but we cant throw a big deal at him either. is what it is
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#339 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:07 PM

if we end up losing fayne to free agency for nothing once again that would blow.. but oh well i guess. hate to see fayne go, but we cant throw a big deal at him either. is what it is

It won't be great but it won't sting as much as Parise, Clarkson etc. We're pretty solid on D.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#340 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

Difficult situation, trading Fayne wouldn't have fetched much at all and as of now we don't have any room to re-sign him. It is what it is, we'll see what happens.

Edited by Zubie#8, 25 June 2014 - 11:57 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users