502 replies to this topic

#341 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,786 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

Good god some of you really think the worst of Lou.  If he wasn't going to give Clarkson a nutball contract last year he sure as shooting isn't giving it to another role player in Bolland this year.

Clowe was also an awful contract from last year, less money but WAY more risky due to his injury/concussion history

www.SterioDesign.com

#342 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,786 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:41 AM

if we end up losing fayne to free agency for nothing once again that would blow.. but oh well i guess. hate to see fayne go, but we cant throw a big deal at him either. is what it is

heard he had meetings with the Oilers at least. I can't see how Fayne would want to re-sign here looking at the roster. He knows that no matter how well he plays he won't get past Volchenkov, Salvador, Greene and  Zids they are all ahead of him... then he's fighting for one of 2 spots with Larsson, Merril, Gelinas.

It's been said before but it's really a shame that we'd lose Fayne cause his spot was taken by a vet on his last leg that Lou's not willing to let go. It's like giving the last bag blood transfusion bag to an old lonely dying man instead of a young kid who has all his life in front of him.

Edited by SterioDesign, 26 June 2014 - 07:47 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#343 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

heard he had meetings with the Oilers at least. I can't see how Fayne would want to re-sign here looking at the roster. He knows that no matter how well he plays he won't get past Volchenkov, Salvador, Greene and  Zids they are all ahead of him... then he's fighting for one of 2 spots with Larsson, Merril, Gelinas.

It's been said before but it's really a shame that we'd lose Fayne cause his spot was taken by a vet on his last leg that Lou's not willing to let go. It's like giving the last bag blood transfusion bag to an old lonely dying man instead of a young kid who has all his life in front of him.

i know it blows.. its almost like priorities around here are screwed up sometimes with who is playing over who and such. volch and sal should both be sitting before fayne
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#344 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,786 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

i know it blows.. its almost like priorities around here are screwed up sometimes with who is playing over who and such. volch and sal should both be sitting before fayne

well its no surprises to anyone that Lou and Deboer likes their vets. They just seems to like them wayyyyy more than they should. how often did we see it just last year... Brodeur over Schneider, Volch, Sal over all the young Ds, Gionta over yayo

www.SterioDesign.com

#345 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

I think Fayne probably wants to leave and sees a chance to get chased after with a guaranteed top 4 role and a nice contract somewhere else.  He didn't seem happy earlier in the season about his playing time or with Deboer and I can't say I blame him.

I don't think it's much like the Paul Martin situation (Martin seemed to have a bug-a-boo more with Lou) , but there are some slight similarities one might see I suppose.  We can't afford to give him a 4-5 yr deal with the number of youngsters we have coming up over the next few years and the need to find out if Larsson can stake himself to a bigger role and overall spot.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#346 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger:
Trade senses are on high alert. Starting to sound like Kesler deal is inching closer. Still working on destination, but next 24hrs, perhaps.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#347 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger:
Trade senses are on high alert. Starting to sound like Kesler deal is inching closer. Still working on destination, but next 24hrs, perhaps.

cmon Louuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#348 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

Honestly, not sure if I want any part of Kesler.  Seems like his best years are already behind him.

#349 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,786 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

Kesler will likely land in Chicago or Anaheim within the next 24 hrs apparently

Stastny seems to be interested by St-Louis too

www.SterioDesign.com

#350 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

Kesler will likely land in Chicago or Anaheim within the next 24 hrs apparently

Stastny seems to be interested by St-Louis too

Kesler is so overated. I think he ends up in Florida.

I would bet Stastny end up in St. Louis. I am gonna guess that Spezza ends up in Anaheim.

The big question is what does Chicago do with their roster.

I hope Lou is in on Iginla, although I am not sure Iginla would consider us a contender.

This is gonna be an interesting few weeks for sure, especially if the cap is lower than originally expected.

#351 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello said Devils still have interest in and will still trying to re-sign Mark Fayne.

#352 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello said Devils still have interest in and will still trying to re-sign Mark Fayne.

What a bunch of BS. Maybe I'm still irritated because of Lou's pick, but Lou will sign Fayne and get us some garbage 3rd liner to play on the 2nd or 3rd line. I have very little faith remaining in LL.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#353 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

What a bunch of BS. Maybe I'm still irritated because of Lou's pick, but Lou will sign Fayne and get us some garbage 3rd liner to play on the 2nd or 3rd line. I have very little faith remaining in LL.

a lot of us feel the same way.. some of the things he has said does not leave me to have much hope.. wanting to re sign bernier i mean fvcking get real ..i dont think we are going to be in for any decent fa's or any good trades.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#354 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

a lot of us feel the same way.. some of the things he has said does not leave me to have much hope.. wanting to re sign bernier i mean fvcking get real ..i dont think we are going to be in for any decent fa's or any good trades.

Lou hasn't even spoken to Bernier's agent. He said so the other day. Some of you really need to chill the fvck out with the Lou hate. Its gotten over the top ridiculous in the last year or so. I understand questioning moves and what not, but some of you were obviously not around for the 80's or early 90's or your fvcking heads would've exploded. You know when some of you will appreciate Lou? When he's gone. And you'll be begging for him back if we end up with some sh!t-stain for a replacement. I admit Lou isn't the 'Lou of old'- but he still knows what the fvck he's doing. The way some of you complain you'd think we were being run by some Garth Snow/Scott Howson cyborg.

Edited by MadDog2020, 27 June 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#355 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

You're right, some of us weren't around for the 80s or 90s but we don't need to go that far back to see all the frustration. Lou has made very few good moves compared to missteps or not enough in the past few seasons. He's a bad mechanic that just wants to keep replacing parts here and there instead of going for an engine rebuild.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#356 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

You're right, some of us weren't around for the 80s or 90s but we don't need to go that far back to see all the frustration. Lou has made very few good moves compared to missteps or not enough in the past few seasons. He's a bad mechanic that just wants to keep replacing parts here and there instead of going for an engine rebuild.

So tell me then- who do you want to replace Lou? Go ahead. Tell me your solution/solutions to fixing the Devils. I'm all ears.

Edited by MadDog2020, 27 June 2014 - 11:22 PM.

#357 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

So tell me then- who do you want to replace Lou? Go ahead. Tell me your solution/solutions to fixing the Devils. I'm all ears.

Someone that takes a bit more risk instead of filling up the roster with 3rd and 4th liners because they're safe bets. Do you think for one second that if not for JVB Lou would have signed Kovalchuk?

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#358 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:29 PM

If Lou does make some sort of trade deal or signing worthwhile then I'll eat crow, MD, but if Lou is really intent on signing Fayne and keeping Traffic Cone A and Traffic Cone B then we'll have very little cap room to do much of anything which means more 3rd and 4th liners playing bigger than their ability and a black hole of offense.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#359 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:32 PM

Someone that takes a bit more risk instead of filling up the roster with 3rd and 4th liners because they're safe bets. Do you think for one second that if not for JVB Lou would have signed Kovalchuk?

And how do we know Quenneville is a 3rd or 4th liner? That's all Brendan Lemeiux projects as. Would you have rather seen us go with Barbashev instead? I mean, I don't get it- everyone agrees we need to take a forward. So we do. A pretty decent one at that, given that we were picking 30th (not 3rd, 30th). And still people aren't happy. I have a feeling people would be bitching and moaning no matter who we took. If we took Lemeiux it would've been 'oh Lou did the predictable thing and drafted Pep's kid, typical Lou'. If Lou took a defenseman it would've been 'stupid Lou took a defenseman, typical stupid Lou.' If Lou took a goalie it would've been 'dumb-ass Lou took a fvcking goalie at 30, typical idiot Lou'. He can't win around here. I really don't know exactly what the hell everyone wanted out of the 30th pick in a weak draft...

#360 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

If Lou does make some sort of trade deal or signing worthwhile then I'll eat crow, MD, but if Lou is really intent on signing Fayne and keeping Traffic Cone A and Traffic Cone B then we'll have very little cap room to do much of anything which means more 3rd and 4th liners playing bigger than their ability and a black hole of offense.

I'm in wait and see mode. We have two days for buy-outs to be exercised, and 3 days til free agency. Just sit back, relax, and see what happens... I'm reserving my complaints until I officially have something to complain about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users