502 replies to this topic

#421 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

No one is saying that Lou should be bowed down to anymore, but I think some people are going over the top. I'm waiting to see what happens here. If he indeed let's Fayne walk, signs the Giontas, and doesn't buy-out/trade/LTIR/ one or both of the two dipsh!ts like slash and CP have been predicting, then I will voice my ultimate displeasure.

I think he'll get a pretty sizable pass from many if he gets Schneider locked up.  But yeah, the above is going to be difficult to defend if it all happens.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#422 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

I don't think many people call Lou infallible. He makes mistakes like every other GM. The problem is that a lot of people jump all over him for his mistakes or miscalculations and then try to diminish his good moves. He's clearly in the middle of rebuilding this team and it will be his last one. He'll be gone possibly as soon as next year and I think he's trying to set this team up for the next person to step in.

Lou would throw you on the sidewalk for using that word.  There's no way you 'rebuild' with taking on a Tuomo Ruutu and hoarding all the vet contracts on D you do.  If anything people get on him because he's used too many short-term patch jobs and there's no real clear plan to address the aging and thin forward core.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#423 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

I think he'll get a pretty sizable pass from many if he gets Schneider locked up.  But yeah, the above is going to be difficult to defend if it all happens.   

i dont know why he'd get a pass for something he OBVIOUSLY HAVE to get done.

www.SterioDesign.com

#424 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:36 AM

Because based on his past successes with those Cup teams, all he has to do now is the bare minimum and many Devils fans will rejoice and call him a genius. Sentimentality clouds a lot of people's judgement.

#425 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:36 AM

Because it's something I think a lot of (the more negative) people are already assuming won't get done, especially the ones who are down on Lou and are now convinced he can't do anything right.  That's going to be a big load off everyone's shoulders if Schneider is taken care of. 

Not saying that this move by itself will be enough to call this 2014 offseason a success, but I think most would agree that it's the most important offseason move Lou needs to make. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 30 June 2014 - 07:38 AM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#426 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

Because based on his past successes with those Cup teams, all he has to do now is the bare minimum and many Devils fans will rejoice and call him a genius. Sentimentality clouds a lot of people's judgement.

thats pretty much dead on

Because it's something I think a lot of (the more negative) people are already assuming won't get done, especially the ones who are down on Lou and are now convinced he can't do anything right.  That's going to be a big load off everyone's shoulders if Schneider is taken care of. 

Not saying that this move by itself will be enough to call this 2014 offseason a success, but I think most would agree that it's the most important offseason move Lou needs to make. 

i dont think its unfair of them (us) to at least assume that he may not get it done before the season. Lou legitely played with fire and made stubbornn decisions A fvckING LOT lately and it burned him more than once. that people are willing to admit that is another thing.

Lou seems to be the kind of guy who would be recklessly driving full speed towards a cliff and you're sitting in the passenger seat freaking out screaming at him to stop and he's just super calm looking forward saying "when time is on your side, you use it" and you're literally sh!tting all over the car while the car is approaching the cliff and he suddenly stops and slide for awhile and stop inches from the cliff. Then he looks at you "don't worry about my car".

point is... yeah fine. He stopped and we're alive. But WHY THE fvck did he have to do that and make the car stop inches from the cliff. Could have stop and turned around way earlier. But for no reasons and waiting last secondes didnt bring anything extra to the situation either... other than stress.

Edited by SterioDesign, 30 June 2014 - 07:52 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#427 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:01 AM

i dont think its unfair of them (us) to at least assume that he may not get it done before the season. Lou legitely played with fire and made stubbornn decisions A fvckING LOT lately and it burned him more than once. that people are willing to admit that is another thing.

Lou seems to be the kind of guy who would be recklessly driving full speed towards a cliff and you're sitting in the passenger seat freaking out screaming at him to stop and he's just super calm looking forward saying "when time is on your side, you use it" and you're literally sh!tting all over the car while the car is approaching the cliff and he suddenly stops and slide for awhile and stop inches from the cliff. Then he looks at you "don't worry about my car".

point is... yeah fine. He stopped and we're alive. But WHY THE fvck did he have to do that and make the car stop inches from the cliff. Could have stop and turned around way earlier. But for no reasons and waiting last secondes didnt bring anything extra to the situation either... other than stress.

Everyone knows how you feel about Lou these days.  Trying to debate it with you leads nowhere and gets us examples like the above (I guess the relationship/girl analogy well has run dry), so I'm not going to do it again.

I'm pretty much in the MD2020 camp.  I'm taking a wait-and-see approach this offseason.  That's it.  If Schneider isn't re-signed, both Gios are here, and Sal and Volch are still here, I'm going to be pissed.  I'm not going to rip Lou on a daily basis for it, but I'm definitely not trying to try to sugarcoat Lou's offseason if that's what we get. 

#30 FOREVER!

#428 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

Everyone knows how you feel about Lou these days.  Trying to debate it with you leads nowhere and gets us examples like the above (I guess the relationship/girl analogy well has run dry), so I'm not going to do it again.

I'm pretty much in the MD2020 camp.  I'm taking a wait-and-see approach this offseason.  That's it.  If Schneider isn't re-signed, both Gios are here, and Sal and Volch are still here, I'm going to be pissed.  I'm not going to rip Lou on a daily basis for it, but I'm definitely not trying to try to sugarcoat Lou's offseason if that's what we get. 

i was not re-explaning anything im just pointing out why its 100% fair to question Lou based on recent history. Im also waiting to see what he'll do. But to me just keeping both of those old turds is inexcusable. Re-signing Schneider won't excuse that either. Its obvious what he HAS to do here.

www.SterioDesign.com

#429 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

And Volch is gone.  At least the "if both Volch and Sal" scenario is no more. 

#30 FOREVER!

#430 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

im going through teams on cap geek and it's kind of discouraging to see soooo many teams with more money than we do with a wayyyy better core signed and better team that were rumoured to go after guys we're about. Hopefully those top ufas will value playing time like Jagr did... lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#431 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

as long we dont sign Cammalleri or Gionta i think i'll be okay

www.SterioDesign.com

#432 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

He was obviously trying to move Volch or Sal. What didn't he gain by waiting?

#433 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

as long we dont sign Cammalleri or Gionta i think i'll be okay

I'd definitely give Cam a try for 2 or 3 years. Zajac and Jagr need something on their LW.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#434 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

I'd definitely give Cam a try for 2 or 3 years. Zajac and Jagr need something on their LW.

but then what do you do with Clowe, and all our centers that we have to put on the wing? i'd want to bring a CLEAR better player than what we have at least. Cammalleri is hard to coach and he's incredibly selfish, not something Lou or Deboer will enjoy

www.SterioDesign.com

#435 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

but then what do you do with Clowe, and all our centers that we have to put on the wing? i'd want to bring a CLEAR better player than what we have at least. Cammalleri is hard to coach and he's incredibly selfish, not something Lou or Deboer will enjoy

I still have a feeling a forward or two will be moved. Lou said he will be improving the offense so someone has to be gone.

Edited by Zubie#8, 30 June 2014 - 02:22 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#436 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

I still have a feeling a forward or two will be moved. Lou said he will be improving the offense so someone has to be gone.

I really hope they find a way to unload Ryder on someone else. I wanted the guy here, but now that I've seen him play, I'm completely over him. Guy has one of the worst strides I've ever seen and for a scoring forward, he has terrible stick skills.

Luckily, he's got the better and more proven track record between he and Brunner so I'd imagine he could be moved, if only for a pick. I'd love a 2nd, but I just want to be rid of him at this point.

#437 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

I really hope they find a way to unload Ryder on someone else. I wanted the guy here, but now that I've seen him play, I'm completely over him. Guy has one of the worst strides I've ever seen and for a scoring forward, he has terrible stick skills.

Luckily, he's got the better and more proven track record between he and Brunner so I'd imagine he could be moved, if only for a pick. I'd love a 2nd, but I just want to be rid of him at this point.

I would definitely keep Brunner because he has speed and can actually posses the puck for a while unlike Ryder. The problem with Ryder is even if he is producing his play drags down his linemates. Maybe we can replace him someone who can help his linemates be more productive.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#438 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

I'm down for replacing Brunner or Ryder. Ryder doesn't fit the system and there's a reason Brunner didn't get signed for so long, he's not that great.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#439 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

I would definitely keep Brunner because he has speed and can actually posses the puck for a while unlike Ryder. The problem with Ryder is even if he is producing his play drags down his linemates. Maybe we can replace him someone who can help his linemates be more productive.

I actually thought Brunner looked good at times. I thought he improved as the season wore on. He needs to work on his board play though. I also think he uses too long of a stick, but I have 0 evidence that this affects his play at all.

#440 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Brunner dont deserves all the hate he was getting i find. I often told myself he looked really good and made things happen and had great scoring chances.

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users