502 replies to this topic

#41 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

just figured i would bring this up in here for the hell of it even though it carries no weight at all really... on one of the devils facebook fan groups someone said something about kovy coming back..and right away some were for it some were against it some thought it could happen and some said it would never happen.. anyone think anything about kovalchuk possibly coming back? and if he was to come back to the team anyone have any thoughts on maybe when? again..this was like some hearsay amongst fans just thought i would make some discussion on it in here
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#42 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

I'd take him back if it was for, say, 5 years, at less per year than the original deal.

I'd also require a clause that if he defects again, he is obligated to stand center ice, any fan who is interested can stand in line to kick him in the nuts.

I'm not flexible on the second part.

#43 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,215 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

I seriously doubt Kovalchuk will ever come back to the NHL, certainly not for the Devils. I wouldn't want him back anyway. His back seems to have really affected his play and battling that will only speed up his decline.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#44 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

he did say that his intentions are still to win the stanley cup.. who knows that could have just been talk but he said it.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#45 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,056 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

I heard Kovalchuk was in Miami at the Nets-Heat game last night. Probably chillin' in the owner's box with Prokhorov.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#46 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

i saw a picture that someone posted of him wearing a nets jersey with a group of other people..i know he had a house down in miami also

Edited by 2ELIAS6, 07 May 2014 - 08:24 PM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#47 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,554 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

The rest of the NHL is probably unhappy about NJ getting a 1st round pick this year - I imagine they're not in a mood to allow Kovalchuk back into the league.  Plus given his play the last two years I'd only want him on a one year deal.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#48 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

I totally see Lou signing Brian Gionta to a multiyear deal. The thought of signing a former Devil is just way too tempting for him to pass up.

#49 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

The rest of the NHL is probably unhappy about NJ getting a 1st round pick this year - I imagine they're not in a mood to allow Kovalchuk back into the league. Plus given his play the last two years I'd only want him on a one year deal.

I think the way it works is if he wants back in immediately all of the owners have to agree to it, or at least enough of them have to. Otherwise, he has to not play hockey for a year, and then the Devils have his rights outright until he's 35.

There's just too much money on the table in Russia, unless there are schnenagans with him getting paid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#50 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

We should do what we should have done a couple seasons ago and get Jussi Jokinen. Pitt got him from CAR for a conditional 6th or 7th round pick. Insane.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#51 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

I heard Kovalchuk was in Miami at the Nets-Heat game last night. Probably chillin' in the owner's box with Prokhorov.

Kovalchuk summers in Miami with a bunch of Russians. Has been doing it for years.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#52 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:39 PM

We should do what we should have done a couple seasons ago and get Jussi Jokinen. Pitt got him from CAR for a conditional 6th or 7th round pick. Insane.

Hard to nitpick things like this, 28 other teams could be saying the same thing. Playing here is a hell of a lot different than Pittsburgh.

#53 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:54 PM

Just for craps and laughs I'm going to float the name of Ryan Callahan.

#54 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

Just for craps and laughs I'm going to float the name of Ryan Callahan.

I'd be happy to see him come here.  But other teams will throw $$$ at him (Buffalo/Philly) etc If Lou does I hope it's a "fair" wage. The way he plays the game gives him a short shelf life

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#55 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

I dont really see callahan filling the role that we need filled
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#56 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

Hard to nitpick things like this, 28 other teams could be saying the same thing. Playing here is a hell of a lot different than Pittsburgh.

exactly, it helps a lot when your on a line with Malkin- dude is insane, he was a beast last night.

#57 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

i saw a picture that someone posted of him wearing a nets jersey with a group of other people..i know he had a house down in miami also

The Nets twitter account actually posted it. Looks like he's good friends with Andrei Kirilenko.

Bm_gDdVCEAEZeV_.jpg

#58 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

exactly, it helps a lot when your on a line with Malkin- dude is insane, he was a beast last night.

He's a UFA after this season. He plays left wing(something we need) and I think he would work well on a line with Zajac and Jagr

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#59 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

Kyle Palmieri has been a healthy scratch? Might be playing tonight.  Wonder if he'd be available? Although he was already gone the last time we drafted a Palmieri

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#60 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

The Nets twitter account actually posted it. Looks like he's good friends with Andrei Kirilenko.

Bm_gDdVCEAEZeV_.jpg

Man, I would donate the maximum to anyone running for President that would promise not to let him back into the country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users