502 replies to this topic

#161 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

I wouldn't exactly blame him for holding the Sharks' feet to the fire if they try to Holmgren him (deal him before the extension kicks in)...but I'm just sick of all these guys only wanting to play for the Rangers.  WTF makes the Rangers so special compared to the Kings/Hawks/Bruins/etc where all these players can't wait to go there?  I've never seen a rash of big-name players wind up forcing their way to one team like this.

And I don't want to hear about Thornton and Nash being buddy buddy either, Thornton has been in the league 15 years, he doesn't have any other friends?

Nash didn't force his way to the Rangers.  Other teams were interested, the Rangers offered the most.  St. Louis maintains a house in Connecticut.  If Thornton wants to go somewhere that has cap room, he won't be going to the Kings, Hawks or Bruins, he will be going to New York, because they will have cap room when they buy out Brad Richards.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#162 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

So, what is the most the Rangers could realistically pay to get Jumbo Joe?  Keep in mind they don't have a first until 2016

I'm thinking 2 out of 3 of Hagelin, Kreider and Miller

Edited by SMantzas, 19 June 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#163 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

So, what is the most the Rangers could realistically pay to get Jumbo Joe? Keep in mind they don't have a first until 2016

Kreider would have to be part of it. Perhaps Bucovich. In any event, without a first rounder it isn't happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#164 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

Thornton is obviously still a fantastic player, but let's say you lose Hagelin and Kreider, you're basically a two line team and are left with **** for wingers. MSL, Zuccarello are really the only wingers left worth a damn

#165 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

Well sh!t, Man! Would have been awesome(although we don't have the parts) to hear Joe wanted to go to NJ. Anyway I'm hoping for Jokinen and, even though he's in talks with OTT, Milan Michalek.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#166 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

Murray confirms there's a contract offer on the table for Milan Michalek and "there's a good chance" they can get deal done

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#167 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

Ducks are not offering him a contract. Might be an effective backup if he is willing.

He's not gonna sign to be a back-up.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#168 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:29 AM

Well sh!t, Man! Would have been awesome(although we don't have the parts) to hear Joe wanted to go to NJ. Anyway I'm hoping for Jokinen and, even though he's in talks with OTT, Milan Michalek.

I would consider that a successful off-season if they could acquire those two guys(Michalek and Jokinen) and lose one of Ryder or Brunner.    

Edited by RizzMB30, 20 June 2014 - 08:59 AM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#169 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

Didn't know he played LW.

LOL. Good one.

So, what is the most the Rangers could realistically pay to get Jumbo Joe? Keep in mind they don't have a first until 2016

No chance they give up Kreider. Probably Hagelin, Brassard, and a prospect. I think SJ will want a C in return.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#170 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

If anyone's talking trades with the Rangers this offseason, there's no way any deal doesn't involve Kreider. No Kreider, no deal, and I can't see the Rangers giving him up, so I don't foresee the Rangers making any meaningful trades this offseason. I think Sather has wised up the past few years, he knows he has a lot of housekeeping to do with his own RFA/UFA.

#171 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

According to McKenzie, it'll be a Chicago-Washington Winter Classic in 2015.
@TSNBobMcKenzie: CHI will be WSH's opponent in the 2015 Winter Classic.
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Venue for Winter Classic in D.C. hasn't been finalized yet but leading candidate is believed to be Nationals Park.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#172 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

"He's part of our core, we're hopeful we can sign him. We have a structure and I know he understands that. He's unrestricted, so he can start listening to offers (Wednesday)." - Joe Sakic on Paul Stastny

http://www.hockeybuz...-deal/188/60720

Sounds like they're crossing their fingers for a hometown discount. If you keep reading on, it seems like Sakic is offering them $6m or less and nothing more.

"We believe Ryan and Paul should fit within that structure. We don't believe anyone should be ahead of any of those guys. We believe that they're all equally important to us. We have a structure here and we believe in taking care of those core guys, and Ryan and Paul both fit in that core with our structure. We expect to do that going forward." - Joe Sakic, referring to what I think is Duchene's $6m/5 year contract as "the structure".

Edited by DJ Eco, 20 June 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#173 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:52 AM

home town discount? what is that? those dont exist anymore.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#174 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

According to McKenzie, it'll be a Chicago-Washington Winter Classic in 2015.
@TSNBobMcKenzie: CHI will be WSH's opponent in the 2015 Winter Classic.
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Venue for Winter Classic in D.C. hasn't been finalized yet but leading candidate is believed to be Nationals Park.

Great, another outdoor game featuring 2 teams that have already been in one.  This will be Washington's second and Chicago's 3rd outdoor game.  Couldn't NBC get a little more creative?

Also heard a few days ago that NHL will most likely be skipping the Stadium series this coming season but bring them back for the 2015-2016 season with Denver and San Jose being the most likely destinations.

#175 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

home town discount? what is that? those dont exist anymore.

Exactlyyyy.... Can't see Stastny staying in Colorado for $600K less than he made last year.

#176 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

Exactlyyyy.... Can't see Stastny staying in Colorado for $600K less than he made last year.

not a chance.. everyone is all about their money
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#177 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

not a chance.. everyone is all about their money

So based on those quotes from Sakic, it sounds like a $6m drop-dead offer across the board. It'd be valiant if Stastny took it (and I'd have even more respect for him) but I just can't see it happening. Not Stastny, and not O'Reilly (moving forward). Sakic's trying to run things old school, which I can appreciate, but I can't see it working. Add on top of that, Stastny could be one of the faces of whatever team he joins. The young super-skilled core in Colorado's pretty awesome, but like everyone was saying toward the end of last season, doesn't look like they're gonna be able to keep it intact.

Edited by DJ Eco, 20 June 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#178 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

don't sleep on O'Reilly either.  He led COL in goals (had more points than Stastny).. and is FIVE YEARS YOUNGER. doesn't sound like O'Reilly and the Avs' talks are too successful either..

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#179 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Brad Richards has been bought out by the New York Rangers, source says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#180 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

Well color me stunned. Lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users