25 replies to this topic

#1 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

http://www.thestar.c...t_hour_cox.html Wow... Everyone thought he was gone. Three assistants out the door though. Let the riots start in Toronto lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

This is so sad. I actually feel for Leafs fans with the incompetence in that organization.

The 5-year extension to Nonis was ridiculous last off-season. Now, not only do they decide to keep Carlyle, who had 1-year left on his contract, they offer him a 2-year extension for absolutely no reason. 

Bring in Tim Leiweke. Bring in Brendan Shanahan. Same old pathetic franchise.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#3 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

Lol.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#4 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

LMFAO. Toronto is a mess.

#5 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

Great news! :cheers:

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#6 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

Meh, I don't know. I see coaches getting fired left and right, sometimes I wonder if it's the coache's fault at all. Look at the Leafs roster,  they are what they are, a good offensive team, terrible defensemen and that's what you get as a result. Maybe Shanahan feels from looking at everything, talking around the league, that Carlyle is a good coach that just needs some better players.

#7 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,730 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

Meh, I don't know. I see coaches getting fired left and right, sometimes I wonder if it's the coache's fault at all. Look at the Leafs roster,  they are what they are, a good offensive team, terrible defensemen and that's what you get as a result. Maybe Shanahan feels from looking at everything, talking around the league, that Carlyle is a good coach that just needs some better players.

No, Carlyle is awful.  Everyone on the Toronto roster is worse than they were pre-Carlyle.  A lot of coaches are fired unnecessarily but I guarantee the Leafs would win more games if they hired someone else.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#8 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

I just hope Carlyle lasts until December-January so he can be there long enough to screw them over. If Toronto got a decent coach they'd be fighting for WC spots with us, but I doubt it with RC

#9 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

The onus is on Nonis now to shake up the team. With the Carlyle extension, they are going to want to get some players he wants and get rid of ones he wants out.

How can the Devils get Kadri here?

Edited by devilsrule33, 08 May 2014 - 07:05 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#10 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

The onus is on Nonis 

lulz

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#11 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Toronto wanted Deboer or Laviolette.

Cue up the Kadri trade rumors.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#12 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

Toronto wanted Deboer or Laviolette.

Cue up the Kadri trade rumors.

Source? I remember hearing DeBoer to Toronto on this board.  Which players are realistically gone if they need more defense?  They seem to have a hard-on for Phaneuf and it's not likely they give up a Phil Kessel.  I'd take a Kulemin maybe, but that's spitballing

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#13 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

The onus is on Nonis now to shake up the team. With the Carlyle extension, they are going to want to get some players he wants and get rid of ones he wants out.

How can the Devils get Kadri here?

They can't. Toronto has some nice young D like Gardiner and Rielly

#14 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

Down Goes Brown on the last 5 years as a Leafs fan.

The bad: Let's do this chronologically: the Leafs use a compliance buyout on Grabovski, paying him $14M to go away even though he's their best two-way center, and they let MacArthur walk as a free agent. That gives them a ton of cap space, which they use to resign Bozak and to give David Clarkson the league's worst contract. When people point out that giving seven years to a guy like Clarkson seems insane, Nonis says he doesn't care because he's only worried about year one. New MLSE CEO Tim Leiweke shows up and immediately embarrasses himself by announcing that he's planning a parade route. He also gives Nonis an extension even though he doesn't need one.

Bolland gets hurt after a month, which becomes the organization's go-to excuse for the rest of the season. Clarkson is awful. It becomes increasingly apparent that Carlyle has no idea how to fix the team's defensive problems. The team's luck runs out at the end of the season and they suddenly can't buy a win. Carlyle points the finger at Reimer, and some Leaf fans actually go along with. The whole organization starts incessantly spouting meaningless buzzwords like "compete level" and "identity".

The Leafs go 2-12-0 the close out the schedule and miss the playoffs yet again

Leweike vows that there will be culture change and hires Brendan Shanahan to make it happen. Instead, all the key decision-makers keep their jobs, and Carlyle actually gets an extension. The team is capped out, the prospect cupboard is mostly bare, and almost the entire core is locked into long-term contracts. They're screwed.

http://www.downgoesb...yle-wilson.html

#15 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

They can't. Toronto has some nice young D like Gardiner and Rielly

Gardiner has been rumoured to be traded for a while. He's a very good player but Gardiner and Kadri are not considered core players by Nonis/Carlyle.

They need to improve defensively. I don't think they are looking for any young defensemen. 

#16 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

Gardiner has been rumoured to be traded for a while. He's a very good player but Gardiner and Kadri are not considered core players by Nonis/Carlyle.

They need to improve defensively. I don't think they are looking for any young defensemen. 

IIRC they started ramping up Gardiner's minutes late last year. Though, I guess Dreger's recent tweets are somewhat damning re Toronto trading those guys

#17 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,730 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Salvador seems like a good fit for them

#18 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

Salvador seems like a good fit for them

He might be...but that would be a trade for a pick...and that's if Lou wants to trade Captain Snot.

#19 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

is there a kadri deal that makes sense for the devils?

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#20 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,730 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

is there a kadri deal that makes sense for the devils?

Henrique-Larsson for Kadri-Gardiner would make sense, I think.  I don't know if the Leafs do it - I think they are getting the worse end value-wise - but I don't know what the Leafs are capable of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users