44 replies to this topic

#41 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Connolly has done nothing at the NHL level though - his numbers are positively Tedenbyesque - and he has to be on your team. How many clubs are willing to give up a lot for that? It's all about what teams are willing to pay and I don't see a lot of clubs willing to shell out a lot for him. Frankly when we were doing a lot of the analysis on Connolly, the Lightning still had MSL - if Callahan goes, they could find a spot for Connolly if they wanted. Regardless, draft position just doesn't matter a ton at this point.

It's not Connolly's fault that literally every TB forward prospect has crazy skill. Seriously, Palat, Johnson, Kucherov and then Drouin in the wings.

#42 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

It's not Connolly's fault that literally every TB forward prospect has crazy skill. Seriously, Palat, Johnson, Kucherov and then Drouin in the wings.

I can't wait to see Drouin do work in the NHL. if he isnt called up next year then what the fvck

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#43 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

Is no one concerned about what could be our biggest issue in a year (if not this year) - Schneider?

Why hasn't he signed yet? Of all the rumors and acticles I've seen that the Devils are "hopeful" to re-sign Schneider to a contract extension is anyone worried that we'll not see it this year and we'll see the same Lou behavior as we have in the past with all of our past top UFAs? If he doesn't sign a deal over the summer I'm going to be very nervous that he won't sign at all. Especally if we miss the playoffs again next year. Would you blame him for leaving? The only thing that would work in our favor is that there aren't a lot of teams in the market for a starting goaltender.

n2eg.jpg

#44 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

They can't sign Schneider until July 1. That's why.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#45 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

Too soon to be concerned about cory
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users