Photo

Confronting the Nightmare - UPDATE: NIGHTMARE OVER, KINGS WIN!!

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#1 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

It could happen....it's time to brace for impact.

:puke:  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:

I don't even want to say it, but I have held out as long as possible: The Rangers are 6 games away. We need a thread on this, so that we may go down this dark path with a support system.

There's a fine line people, there's a fine line:

gallery_2551_175_16321.png

Edited by Neb00rs, 14 June 2014 - 12:00 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#2 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,884 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

If they win I'm moving to Central America and becoming a coffee farmer until October.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#3 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

At this point I hope they sweep the Habs and then get swept in the finals by the Blackhawks. Like they were never even there.

#4 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

If they win I'm moving to Central America and becoming a coffee farmer until October.

Yeah....right....coffee;)  Next I will be reading about you in the paper with the nickname "El Perro Loco"

If their fans are still brining up 94 any chance they can get and thats 20 years ago I think you would probably need to stay longer than until October.

#5 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,777 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

It's creeping, but I'll say it again. I'm not going to lose my mind and panic until the Rags are actually IN the finals and IF they get their and take a 1-0 series lead....I'll panic. We're not at that point yet.

And if they get to the finals it won't exactly be the 1993 Senators waiting for them either.

I think the Rags are peaking now, and due for a crash.

This is not the 1994 Rangers. That was as close to a juggernaut as any Rangers team. That team went 8-1 and plowed through the first two rounds before coming back to earth a bit. They still needed a string of miracles to win the damn thing.

If anything this Ranger team is reminding me of the 2006 Mets a bit

Edited by '7', 20 May 2014 - 09:52 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

It could happen....it's time to brace for impact.

:puke:  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:

I don't even want to say it, but I have held out as long as possible: The Rangers are 6 games away. We need a thread on this, so that we may go down this dark path with a support system.

There's a fine line people, there's a fine line:

gallery_2551_175_16321.png

Once you start down this dark path, this is no turning back.  It's an extremely scary thought. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#7 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

I'd be cool with the Rangers beating the Kings.  It would serve Hamden right. (my home town if you haven't read the background)

If the Kings win jackass (Jon Quick) better bring the cup to his home town (Hamden) the second chance he's been given.

If the Hawks win - blah, so what.

If that habs win -- cute -- but at the end of the day, so what.

I'm apathetic unless it's the Devils.  It's the only way to appropriately show my love for the team.  Hate is too strong. 

I'm here for the party

#8 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

It's creeping, but I'll say it again. I'm not going to lose my mind and panic until the Rags are actually IN the finals and IF they get their and take a 1-0 series lead....I'll panic. We're not at that point yet.

And if they get to the finals it won't exactly be the 1993 Senators waiting for them either.

I think the Rags are peaking now, and due for a crash.

This is not the 1994 Rangers. That was as close to a juggernaut as any Rangers team. That team went 8-1 and plowed through the first two rounds before coming back to earth a bit. They still needed a string of miracles to win the damn thing.

If anything this Ranger team is reminding me of the 2006 Mets a bit

Supposedly, Messier really implored upon his '94 teammates how important it was to get the early series done as quickly as possible...said that the Devils taking them to seven games in the first round in 1992 screwed them up.

Hate to say it, but it looks like the Rangers are getting hot at just the right time.  The Giants have done that a couple of times.  When the Penguins won their two Cups in '91 and '92, they finished the regular season with only 88 and 87 points. 

Sadly, I'm preparing myself for those fvckers winning the whole damned thing.  :puke:  :puke: double :puke:

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#9 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,884 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

Yeah....right....coffee;) Next I will be reading about you in the paper with the nickname "El Perro Loco"

If their fans are still brining up 94 any chance they can get and thats 20 years ago I think you would probably need to stay longer than until October.

Just call me El Maddo Doggo. :P

#10 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,884 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

Supposedly, Messier really implored upon his '94 teammates how important it was to get the early series done as quickly as possible...said that the Devils taking them to seven games in the first round in 1992 screwed them up.

Hate to say it, but it looks like the Rangers are getting hot at just the right time. The Giants have done that a couple of times. When the Penguins won their two Cups in '91 and '92, they finished the regular season with only 88 and 87 points.

Sadly, I'm preparing myself for those fvckers winning the whole damned thing. :puke: :puke: double :puke:

On the upside, the first actually good hockey team they'll play will be in the Final. Philly is trash, Pittsburgh is soft and mentally weak with lousy goaltending, and the Habs are also a soft, mentally fragile bunch of pansies with AHL-level goaltending thanks to Blades Kreider. This hasn't exactly been a tough road they've had to travel here, let's be honest. They were gifted a spot in the Final halfway through game 1. And after the way their fans 'respected' the Devils through our glory years- I 'aint giving that franchise or their fans sh!t for respect or credit. They can eat a dick. They're lucky, soft, and primed to get their fvcking asses kicked in the Finals.

Edited by MadDog2020, 20 May 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#11 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,777 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

Hate to say it, but it looks like the Rangers are getting hot at just the right time.  The Giants have done that a couple of times.  When the Penguins won their two Cups in '91 and '92, they finished the regular season with only 88 and 87 points. 

Sadly, I'm preparing myself for those fvckers winning the whole damned thing.  :puke:  :puke: double :puke:

well football only takes 1 game while hockey is series upon series of slogs. So in hockey you have plenty of Giants like teams they just don't finish the job (91 north stars, 94 canucks, 96 panthers)

I think a better football analogy would be that the WCF this year are the true cup finals. Much like Seattle/San Fran was the true super bowl. That doesn't make NYR the Broncos either, because they're not that good.

They are hot right now, but that may taper off once the finals hit. 

Edited by '7', 20 May 2014 - 10:31 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#12 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

Geez, I hope you guys are right but a lot of this might just be a lot of 'glass half-full' optimism. I suppose that's why this thread exists though.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#13 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

Anyone got any voodoo they can do? I got Devils stuff I got to re hang to look nicer. Collectively we can change something (I know I know its ridiculous but it makes me feel better)

#14 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

This is all my fault, I vehemently insisted that the last 3 superbowl champions wouldn't win the superbowl (in the begining of the year) and they all won. Earlier this year I insisted that the rangers had no fvcking shot at winning it all, and here we are.

It makes me sick to my fvcking stomach.

#15 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

I'm going through the stages of grief already. Frighteningly, I think I've reached acceptance.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#16 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,777 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

This is nuts. Can they at least GET TO THE FINALS before we start crowning them.

Can they at least get to the Finals and take a lead in the finals before we panic.

I know it seems unpleasant now but the nightmare scenario is still weeks away. Weeks. If it ever transpires at all.

#17 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

This is nuts. Can they at least GET TO THE FINALS before we start crowning them.

Can they at least get to the Finals and take a lead in the finals before we panic.

I know it seems unpleasant now but the nightmare scenario is still weeks away. Weeks. If it ever transpires at all.

You're right. Still a long way to go yet. I think with the way this season has gone, we are all preparing for the worst.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#18 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,884 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

Its the Price injury. The Habs would have a fighting chance in this series with Price. Without him, they stand no chance, especially with the Queen playing at a high level and no one on the Habs seeming inclined to make life around his crease a little tougher. The Habs are a corpse without Price.

#19 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,884 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

You're right. Still a long way to go yet. I think with the way this season has gone, we are all preparing for the worst.

That's another thing. NOTHING has gone our way this year (sans them giving us the 30th pick). Its been Murphy's Law for the Devils this season, so the Rags making a deep run just makes it worse.

#20 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

Eh you know they're going to win it.  

With everything else going wrong this season that could (I mean literally.  I can't think of a positive to take away from this season) the hockey gods might as well cap it off with a Rangers cup victory.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users