Photo

Confronting the Nightmare - UPDATE: NIGHTMARE OVER, KINGS WIN!!

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#261 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

Yeah I posted his quotes yesterday- predictably, all the Rags fans started crying about it (go read the Rags board at HF if you wanna laugh regarding this subject and others lol).

It's definitely not what you want to hear, but it's the truth. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#262 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

It's definitely not what you want to hear, but it's the truth. 

It certainly may be the truth, but the question is "was it necessary to say"? I think that answer is yes; someone needed to say something about West > East, and give the Sharks/Hawks/Ducks credit for having to play in a harder conference.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#263 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:40 AM

good maybe Sather will blow up the team and sign a bunch of goons now

#264 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

Two things I can't wrap my head around. Lundqvist signing with NYR before FA and McDonagh on that contract.

So if I am Henrik knowing what I know back in December or whenever he signed that deal around then, why not wait until FA. See how this playoff run went. He's been losing so much there over the years, to really look at the teams to see what I would want to do. He could've signed in NY anyway. He could've also looked at other places, like PIT and go hmm.... Malkin, Crosby and me? He wouldn't need to beg for scoring anymore.

McD signed a ridiculously low deal at like 4.7..if he signed shorter term he could've put in a 7-7.5M deal easily..he probably cost himself 10-12M by taking that lower deal.

#265 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

Two things I can't wrap my head around. Lundqvist signing with NYR before FA and McDonagh on that contract.

So if I am Henrik knowing what I know back in December or whenever he signed that deal around then, why not wait until FA. See how this playoff run went. He's been losing so much there over the years, to really look at the teams to see what I would want to do. He could've signed in NY anyway. He could've also looked at other places, like PIT and go hmm.... Malkin, Crosby and me? He wouldn't need to beg for scoring anymore.

McD signed a ridiculously low deal at like 4.7..if he signed shorter term he could've put in a 7-7.5M deal easily..he probably cost himself 10-12M by taking that lower deal.

The MCD contract is one of the best in the NHL. The fact that Girardi is making almost a full million more per year compared to MCD is laughable. He hits UFA when he turns 30 so I guess he'll cash in at that time but he easily cost himself $10M plus.

#266 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

yeah but he's a Ranjah brah, thats all that matta's

#267 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

I believe Lunqvist's deal made him the highest paid goalie in the league, plus it's nicely front loaded.  Waiting to be a UFA wouldn't have gotten him anymore money.  Not to mention the fact that without a deal, there's a risk of injury, or that he would have a poor playoff performance, which, rightly or wrongly, can significantly impact what teams are willing to pay.  McDononough was an RFA, who had never been a Norris finalist.  Typically that's what it takes to get a really big deal at that stage of your career.

What surprised me was that no one tried to sign Stepan to an offersheet.  A team could have given him something like a 3 year $16 million deal, which the Rangers would have been hard pressed to match due to the cap crunch.  For that I think you only have to send a first and a second the other way as compensation, which is definitely a fair price for someone who should be a 25 goal per year scorer. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#268 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

whats scary is if the rags buy out Richards (and I've read its gonna happen) they will have 24 million free cap space next season

#269 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

whats scary is if the rags buy out Richards (and I've read its gonna happen) they will have 24 million free cap space next season

$24 million to spend on at least 8 roster spots, including raises for Kreider, Zuccarello, and Moore.  Perhaps there's enough there to sign one big ticket free agent, but I don't think they have room to break the bank. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#270 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,752 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

Once you hit July 1, the 8 year contract is off the table.  Now he only got 7 years, but he got a very good contract.  I imagine there's a very large bias in athletes towards thinking that your current team is good enough to win a championship, because that's what you spend your days doing and talking about.  It's not like the Rangers have been bad over Lundqvist's time there and they've clearly been making moves to win.

McDonagh's alternative was a bridge deal, which probably would've been 4/2.  He signed a good deal for NYR for sure but that was the tradeoff.  He probably would've gotten 6.5M on a new deal.  I don't think he cost himself that much money, because at the end of his current deal he will be eligible for a $9M/year deal.

Edited by Triumph, 16 June 2014 - 12:29 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#271 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

$24 million to spend on at least 8 roster spots, including raises for Kreider, Zuccarello, and Moore.  Perhaps there's enough there to sign one big ticket free agent, but I don't think they have room to break the bank. 

yeah they do have a few spots to fill 

#272 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

McDonaugh should fire his agent and hire Girardi's, or Salvador's for that matter.

#273 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

If you guys wanna laugh your asses off, check out MSG right now. '2014 Rangers: a Run to Remember' is on. I sh!t you not. You knew it was coming! LMFAO!!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#274 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

If you guys wanna laugh your asses off, check out MSG right now. '2014 Rangers: a Run to Remember' is on. I sh!t you not. You knew it was coming! LMFAO!!!

Well, at least it'll break up the monotony of 1994 coverage. I wonder when they will have their first "pre-season to remember" special.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#275 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

'Just announced: in addition to raising their Eastern Conference Champs banner on opening night, the Rangers will also be retiring the numbers of '94 Press Box Warriors Eddie Olcyzk and Nick Kypreos. Newly named captain Ryan McDonagh will also be taking a victory lap in front of the Garden Faithful with the Prince of Wales Trophy. Before the big night, stop by Rangersville to meet winners like Ron Dugay and Rod 'Jack Daniels' Gilbert. It'll be fun for the whole family! Get your tickets now!'

#276 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

'Just announced: in addition to raising their Eastern Conference Champs banner on opening night, the Rangers will also be retiring the numbers of '94 Press Box Warriors Eddie Olcyzk and Nick Kypreos. Newly named captain Ryan McDonagh will also be taking a victory lap in front of the Garden Faithful with the Prince of Wales Trophy. Before the big night, stop by Rangersville to meet winners like Ron Dugay and Rod 'Jack Daniels' Gilbert. It'll be fun for the whole family! Get your tickets now!'

What's sad is that I seriously don't know if you are joking. That's how much the Rangers suck.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#277 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,120 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

spgaxj.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#278 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

spgaxj.jpg

Hysterical.

#279 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

I'm so tired that at first, DR33's post went right over my head. I was like, "why did he respond with a screencap" completely ignoring the tabs. :doh1:

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#280 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

hahaha DR33 wins for today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users