Photo

Confronting the Nightmare - UPDATE: NIGHTMARE OVER, KINGS WIN!!

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

If their fans are still brining up 94 any chance they can get and thats 20 years ago I think you would probably need to stay longer than until October.

Tell me about it.  My brother was talking with a friend of his who's a Ranger fan who said winning the Cup this year would be an even bigger accomplishment than '94.  So get ready for the preparations for the number retirements for Kreider, Zuccarrello, St. Louis, McDonough and Kevin Klein. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#22 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

Tell me about it.  My brother was talking with a friend of his who's a Ranger fan who said winning the Cup this year would be an even bigger accomplishment than '94.  So get ready for the preparations for the number retirements for Kreider, Zuccarrello, St. Louis, McDonough and Kevin Klein. 

Which one will involve the most tears you think?

#23 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

If they win I'm moving to Central America and becoming a coffee farmer until October.

I love coffee. I'll work your farm with you.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,927 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

Eh, the Western Conference is so much stronger - the Rangers would be a significant dog in the Cup Finals.  Montreal has to pull out a game or two here to keep the Rangers from being able to rest while the West beats up on one another though.  Still, obviously the Rangers have more Cup equity than any other team right now - we'll see how that goes.  Sure looked like the Flyers could pull it off in 2010 but Chicago kept them out.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#25 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

Eh, the Western Conference is so much stronger - the Rangers would be a significant dog in the Cup Finals.  Montreal has to pull out a game or two here to keep the Rangers from being able to rest while the West beats up on one another though.  Still, obviously the Rangers have more Cup equity than any other team right now - we'll see how that goes.  Sure looked like the Flyers could pull it off in 2010 but Chicago kept them out.

Yea Flyers are a good comparison, and they got there with stinking Leighton/Boucher or whatever trash they had in net. Beat Boston after being down 3-0 on top of it all.

Montreal has pride and enough talent, and Lundqvist will have his off game or two to make this a longer. If the Rags go into the Finals having already played 19-20 playoff games it's going to be very tough to win.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#26 NJDevsRock

NJDevsRock

Albany Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

I went to the cell phone store, and I was there over an hour.  My husband couldn't understand what was taking so long until I got home and told him that once I gave our email address (very Devils), I was treated to a 15 minute lecture about how the king is as good as Marty now, and that if they win the cup this year he will be the best of all time.  It's pointless to argue with that kind of stupidity, so I just stood there and stared at him with that kill me now look on my face.  He even came around the counter and showed me his Ranger tattoo.  Seriously...who gives a sh!t!

#27 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

Done deal. Welcome aboard. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#28 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

I went to the cell phone store, and I was there over an hour. My husband couldn't understand what was taking so long until I got home and told him that once I gave our email address (very Devils), I was treated to a 15 minute lecture about how the king is as good as Marty now, and that if they win the cup this year he will be the best of all time. It's pointless to argue with that kind of stupidity, so I just stood there and stared at him with that kill me now look on my face. He even came around the counter and showed me his Ranger tattoo. Seriously...who gives a sh!t!

I probably would've been laughing too hard at him to get mad.

#29 NJDevsRock

NJDevsRock

Albany Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

Well, it was funny to see his face when I said really..the best?  You are going to pass him over Roy too??  And he started to blubber a bit and then went on with his claims.  :)

#30 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

Well, it was funny to see his face when I said really..the best? You are going to pass him over Roy too?? And he started to blubber a bit and then went on with his claims. :)

And they haven't even made it to the Finals yet. And this is why they don't deserve to- most of them are too stupid to know how to handle prosperity.

Edited by MadDog2020, 20 May 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#31 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

I'm fairly confident they'll be beaten by the Kings/Hawks...but just having them in the final is too far for comfort.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#32 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

I'm fairly confident they'll be beaten by the Kings/Hawks...but just having them in the final is too far for comfort.

Unless someone decides to run Crawford / Quick.  Then who the hell knows, right?

I went to the cell phone store, and I was there over an hour.  My husband couldn't understand what was taking so long until I got home and told him that once I gave our email address (very Devils), I was treated to a 15 minute lecture about how the king is as good as Marty now, and that if they win the cup this year he will be the best of all time.  It's pointless to argue with that kind of stupidity, so I just stood there and stared at him with that kill me now look on my face.  He even came around the counter and showed me his Ranger tattoo.  Seriously...who gives a sh!t!

Good on you for not taking the bait.  I'd like to say I would've done the same.. but I don't think I'm as cool-headed as you are unfortunately 

Edited by Devilsfan118, 20 May 2014 - 02:57 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#33 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

Unless someone decides to run Crawford / Quick. Then who the hell knows, right?

Good on you for not taking the bait. I'd like to say I would've done the same.. but I don't think I'm as cool-headed as you are unfortunately

Well then how about running Lundqvist? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If the Rags' resort to running goalies as a strategy, then you take out theirs, or keep running him until you do. That's how it works. Two-way street.

#34 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

Well then how about running Lundqvist? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If the Rags' resort to running goalies as a strategy, then you take out theirs, or keep running him until you do. That's how it works. Two-way street.

Oh I totally agree.  But the Habs are composed of weak players, both mentally and physically (outside of Prust, who apparently is all bark and no bite) so I'm not expecting much.  Hell if I were Therrien I would've told my players to crash the net after every. single. play.  'Flyer' that sh!t up, if you're going to get embarrassed twice in your own building at least stand up for yourselves.  Ridiculous that they're going back to NY down 0-2 without having at least asserted themselves a bit in the series.

The Hawks got nasty against the Blues..maybe they'd start that sh!t up again with the Rangers should that matchup occur.  

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#35 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

Oh I totally agree. But the Habs are composed of weak players, both mentally and physically (outside of Prust, who apparently is all bark and no bite) so I'm not expecting much. Hell if I were Therrien I would've told my players to crash the net after every. single. play. 'Flyer' that sh!t up, if you're going to get embarrassed twice in your own building at least stand up for yourselves. Ridiculous that they're going back to NY down 0-2 without having at least asserted themselves a bit in the series.

The Hawks got nasty against the Blues..maybe they'd start that sh!t up again with the Rangers should that matchup occur.

The Habs are a bunch of p*ssies- everyone knows it. The Rags players know it, the coaches know it- hell the Habs fans even know it, though they probably wouldn't admit it. The Habs won't do sh!t. They had a chance to set a new tone in the series last night, and they sh!t all over themselves like the p*ssies they are. They barely made contact with a Ranger all night. I think we know what will happen over the next 3 games. Now if Blades Kreider over there wants to try running Quick or Crawford in the next round, then he and the Queen will pay for it dearly. Those teams aren't soft, nor will they take sh!t from a soft-ass, panty-waist team like the Rangers.

#36 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,927 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, remember when Sean Avery covered Brodeur's eyes?  The Devils made sure to hit him at every opportunity.  And they lost the series in 5 games including a critical goal scored while someone was out of position hitting Sean Avery.  Gimme a fvcking break, the Habs outplayed the Rangers last night, they just got zero bounces and their goalie sucked at a critical opportunity.

#37 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

Yeah that's why the Devils lost that series- they weren't a cluster-fvck against the Rangers all year or anything that year. They lost because they were fixated on Avery.

#38 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,927 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

Yeah that's why the Devils lost that series- they weren't a cluster-fvck against the Rangers all year or anything that year. They lost because they were fixated on Avery.

It certainly didn't help.  But yeah running goalies and taking interference penalties seems like a good way to come back in a series.  Certainly beats doing things like getting shots on goal and scoring chances.

#39 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, remember when Sean Avery covered Brodeur's eyes?  The Devils made sure to hit him at every opportunity.  And they lost the series in 5 games including a critical goal scored while someone was out of position hitting Sean Avery.  Gimme a fvcking break, the Habs outplayed the Rangers last night, they just got zero bounces and their goalie sucked at a critical opportunity.

Except I'd argue that series was largely lost because the Rangers owned the Devils that year - they beat the devils, what, 6 or 7 times in the regular season?  I don't think the Devils were winning that series one way or the other.

I don't think the Rangers and Habs are that far off with a healthy Price..I mean, they got embarrassed in game 1 but I would think they would've made a series out of it. 

Edited by Devilsfan118, 20 May 2014 - 03:45 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

#40 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

can i come?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users