Photo

Confronting the Nightmare - UPDATE: NIGHTMARE OVER, KINGS WIN!!

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#81 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

World's most famous arena brah. Bright lights brah. Broadway brah. http://rs67.pbsrc.co...89b.jpg~320x480

Haha that should be raised alongside the inevitable zuccarello jersey that is surely to be soon hoisted for bringing them a conference finals appearance.

#82 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

For whatever reason, this reminds me of an interview with Dennis Leary back in '94, I believe on Nightline. At that time, he was just getting big, and he was doing commercials for the NHL on espn. Basically, he's asked that isn't he thrilled that the Rangers won the Cup, to which he responds that he's a Bruins fan and hopes it takes another 50 years for Rags to win another.

Basically, you have the everyday media also believing that the Rangers are the end all be all and assuming that everyone is rooting for the Rangers, a one percent kind of organization if there ever was one. We will never hear the end of this.

My only hope is that Bill DeBlasio whips out some of his class warfare rhetoric and says that the city should not be paying for a parade that will be attended by rich hockey fans. Bill if you're reading this, I will give a nice donation to your campaign and stop complaining about my taxes if you do this.

For whatever reason, this reminds me of an interview with Dennis Leary back in '94, I believe on Nightline. At that time, he was just getting big, and he was doing commercials for the NHL on espn. Basically, he's asked that isn't he thrilled that the Rangers won the Cup, to which he responds that he's a Bruins fan and hopes it takes another 50 years for Rags to win another.

Basically, you have the everyday media also believing that the Rangers are the end all be all and assuming that everyone is rooting for the Rangers, a one percent kind of organization if there ever was one. We will never hear the end of this.

My only hope is that Bill DeBlasio whips out some of his class warfare rhetoric and says that the city should not be paying for a parade that will be attended by rich hockey fans. Bill if you're reading this, I will give a nice donation to your campaign and stop complaining about my taxes if you do this.

2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#83 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

I'll eventually figure out how to quote posts. I am waiting for DeBlasio to eliminate the property tax exemption for MSG. It's cost the city $350 million so far.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#84 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

I'll eventually figure out how to quote posts. I am waiting for DeBlasio to eliminate the property tax exemption for MSG. It's cost the city $350 million so far.

Click the quote tab at the bottom right, type your message and then click on the post tab, also at the bottom right

#85 mjdlight

mjdlight

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:43 AM

Hey, don't knock the property tax exemption too hard, it played a pivotal role in the birth of the New Jersey Devils. Had it not been passed, MSG management probably makes good on its threat and moves to the newly built Brendan Byrne Arena, and there's no way in hell they were going to change the name of the team to the New Jersey Rangers. 

#86 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Hey, don't knock the property tax exemption too hard, it played a pivotal role in the birth of the New Jersey Devils. Had it not been passed, MSG management probably makes good on its threat and moves to the newly built Brendan Byrne Arena, and there's no way in hell they were going to change the name of the team to the New Jersey Rangers.

Yeah 'New Jersey Rangers' just doesn't have the same ring to it lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#87 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

I'd be cool with the Rangers beating the Kings.  It would serve Hamden right. (my home town if you haven't read the background)

are you joking? the team the Devils lost the cup to? and the Rangers beat them?  They still talk about 94 like it was last year, like they have some sort of dynasty.  We wont hear the end of it

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#88 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

im still recovering from 2012 so maybe this is closure

Posted Image

#89 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

Barring some miracle it looks like an LA/Rangers final. :doh1: just what we need. LA wins, their bandwagon army of "fans" gets bigger, but if the Rangers win, ugh! Their fans will have a field day and immediately think they're better for winning 1 cup since 94 while we won 3, simply because they got in the playoffs and we didn't. And they'll lord it over us for the next year.

I really can't believe they're having any success these playoffs with the players they have and the system they play...maybe this is just Bizarro World or something

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#90 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

I was at grasshopper off the green in Morristown last night and watched the 3rd period and OT there. Place had a number of Rags fans watching the game, and a live Irish band playing. After the Rags won in OT, this slob Rags fan goes up to the lead singer of the band and asks him to play a "rangers song." The singer tells him that he doesn't know one, and hates the Rags. He also told the little puke that this is NJ, and offered to play Hells Bells. When the guy looked at him all puzzled, he says "let's go devils" in a thick Irish accent.

I bought the singer a pint cause that little exchange totally made my night.
Posted Image

#91 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

I was at grasshopper off the green in Morristown last night and watched the 3rd period and OT there. Place had a number of Rags fans watching the game, and a live Irish band playing. After the Rags won in OT, this slob Rags fan goes up to the lead singer of the band and asks him to play a "rangers song." The singer tells him that he doesn't know one, and hates the Rags. He also told the little puke that this is NJ, and offered to play Hells Bells. When the guy looked at him all puzzled, he says "let's go devils" in a thick Irish accent.

I bought the singer a pint cause that little exchange totally made my night.

God bless that man. I would've bought him one too if I was there. Morristown is Devils Country Rag bitch. You should know better.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#92 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

That's awesome.

#93 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

I just realized this is all Lou's fault.  If he would have just re-signed Gomez, the Rangers wouldn't have been able to trade him for McDonagh. :whistling:

Edited by devilsfan26, 27 May 2014 - 09:49 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#94 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

OK OK  FINE -- LA vs RANGERS IS MY WORST fvckING NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!

AHHhHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

sorry you all.  That was not in reaction to anyone here -- it's was my outcry to the hockey gods.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

crying-1324.gif

you know... and it just magnifies how my hockey standards are just too high for my hometown -- this is a win-win for most of them  ....  ohhhhh sooooooobbbb

Edited by Pepperkorn, 27 May 2014 - 09:57 AM.

I'm here for the party

#95 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

OK OK  FINE -- LA vs RANGERS IS MY WORST fvckING NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!

AHHhHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

sorry you all.  That was not in reaction to anyone here -- it's was my outcry to the hockey gods.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

crying-1324.gif

you know... and it just magnifies how my hockey standards are just too high for my hometown -- this is a win-win for most of them  ....  ohhhhh sooooooobbbb

I saw your post about Quick, Hamden and the Cup and decided to Google it to see what the fuss was about. Now I have a better understanding of your disdain for the guy.

(Town celebrates Quick's success)

http://www.nhregiste...han-quick-video

(Quick snubs town)

http://articles.cour...party-nice-time

I guess the least he could've done was invite his old coach to the party, yes?

#96 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

I dont care about the Kings. They beat us rather soundly and aside from their sh!tty Twitter feed, I don't have an abundance of hate for them. I don't like them and I don't want them to win, but if its against the Great Satan across the river, I hope the Kings rip the Rags to pieces.

#97 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,061 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

The best part of this Rags run is Miami Mike putting up pics of himself at the Gahden in full Rags gear cheering them on.  This is the same idiot who used to hold Devils viewing parties at his run-down sh!thole inside of a Ramada Inn.

#98 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

I saw your post about Quick, Hamden and the Cup and decided to Google it to see what the fuss was about. Now I have a better understanding of your disdain for the guy.

(Town celebrates Quick's success)

http://www.nhregiste...han-quick-video

(Quick snubs town)

http://articles.cour...party-nice-time

I guess the least he could've done was invite his old coach to the party, yes?

Exactly --- and he's been our dry cleaning guy for decades (the coach). 

I fully expect if Quick wins this year he'll say how he's righting a terrible wrong and celebrating properly ---   with his LA fan base.  jackass.  I think I'm taking it a lot more personally than anyone in the town actually.  They're hockey guys and all too proud to admit pain of any kind  :P

What's weird is in NJ the players I know aren't at all into the NHL most of the time.  But in Hamden they're all Ranger fans.  Rabid Ranger fans.  Even when the Whalers were around.  :noclue:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 27 May 2014 - 11:58 AM.

I'm here for the party

#99 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

Rangers are a team of destiny.  It appears to be that way.

#100 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

Rangers are a team of destiny.  It appears to be that way.

It ends in the final.

"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users