Photo

Confronting the Nightmare - UPDATE: NIGHTMARE OVER, KINGS WIN!!

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#101 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

Those articles villifying Quick seem a little overdramatic in my opinion.  He only played there as a freshman and maybe also as a sophomore depending on which of those articles has their facts straight.  Teammates and coaches from the high school team he played half or most of his high school hockey with were invited.  He only has one day with the Cup, he's not going to invite every single teammate or coach he's ever had.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#102 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

God bless that man. I would've bought him one too if I was there. Morristown is Devils Country Rag bitch. You should know better.

You bet and I can proudly say I live there.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#103 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

Rangers are a team of destiny.  It appears to be that way.

I just can't believe that with the system they play and the mish-mosh of "star" players they always try to build a team around. How it's working for them now I have no idea. Usually, they just rent a few big names and force them into playing like a team with the lesser guys, which eventually blows up in their faces. Gretzky, Messier, Leetch, the list goes on...they play them up so hard then retire their jersey.

If it must be Rangers/Kings, go Kings.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#104 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

Those articles villifying Quick seem a little overdramatic in my opinion.  He only played there as a freshman and maybe also as a sophomore depending on which of those articles has their facts straight.  Teammates and coaches from the high school team he played half or most of his high school hockey with were invited.  He only has one day with the Cup, he's not going to invite every single teammate or coach he's ever had.

He had his entire childhood in Hamden.  He learned hockey in Hamden. Saying he spent one year playing for our high school is so fvcking lame and misleading.

Brian Leetch went to Old Avon so he's got this wonderful idea in his head that he's something special if he plays up his dumbass school. And I'd be OK if that were really all it was.

Fact is -- He has his tart wife,  nouveau fortune and about the ONLY thing which MAY lend him any real credibility in his neighborhood: his private schooling.  Now he thinks he's part of some club by an albeit thin thin thread not realizing he has no part of and never will.  So HA!  He's putting on airs and denying his true roots.  He's a stupid man barely out of his early 20s and has totally fvcked up values.  If you're going to make the transition do it fvcking RIGHT.   Honoring where you came from is that start to real quality.  He's endemic of the entire flash and trash taking over the global mindset. 

:)   but let me tell you how I really feel...

I'm here for the party

#105 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

I saw your post about Quick, Hamden and the Cup and decided to Google it to see what the fuss was about. Now I have a better understanding of your disdain for the guy.

(Town celebrates Quick's success)
http://www.nhregiste...han-quick-video

(Quick snubs town)
http://articles.cour...party-nice-time

I guess the least he could've done was invite his old coach to the party, yes?

Maybe the coach was an a$$hole to him

#106 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

He had his entire childhood in Hamden.  He learned hockey in Hamden. Saying he spent one year playing for our high school is so fvcking lame and misleading.

Brian Leetch went to Old Avon so he's got this wonderful idea in his head that he's something special if he plays up his dumbass school. And I'd be OK if that were really all it was.

Fact is -- He has his tart wife,  nouveau fortune and about the ONLY thing which MAY lend him any real credibility in his neighborhood: his private schooling.  Now he thinks he's part of some club by an albeit thin thin thread not realizing he has no part of and never will.  So HA!  He's putting on airs and denying his true roots.  He's a stupid man barely out of his early 20s and has totally fvcked up values.  If you're going to make the transition do it fvcking RIGHT.   Honoring where you came from is that start to real quality.  He's endemic of the entire flash and trash taking over the global mindset. 

:)   but let me tell you how I really feel...

I guess he maybe could have done something for the town since that's where he got his start, but it seems like he'd rather enjoy his one day with the Cup with people he knows personally.  Not every player has some kind of celebration open to everyone in their hometown, I don't understand why Quick is being singled out here.  As for the coach, I still don't agree with him being upset after coaching Quick for one or two years.  Is he supposed to invite every coach he's ever had?

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#107 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

Oh absolutely -- dude can do whatever he wants and anyone who wants to can like him for that or any other reason. . 

I get to not like him and cast unfounded judgement.  :evil:

I dont even know him :giggle:  I don't know the coach either beyond Rainbow cleaners -- like, just the building  I dont even know if I ever even saw him in there  - haven't lived there in 26 years!

I'm here for the party

#108 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

I've finally more or less gotten over 2012, a trouncing by the Kings on the Rangers would certainly help. The Kings are one hell of a team. They actually have a system, and their road to this Final was about as tough as you could ask it to be. I hope they win tonight, rest up, and get ready to embarrass the Rangers next round. I don't think the Habs win in 7, but they did more than I thought they were capable of last night and shook the Rangers up, made this series longer than it had to be, which is only a good thing. Who knows, maybe they pull it off in 7? One team already has this postseason haha..

hope after tonight, the Kings are waiting on the other line for the Rangers to fly their tired bodies over for a rough series.

Edited by DJ Eco, 28 May 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#109 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:37 PM

Woe is us now...

815631765.gif

#110 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

No better place to drink the memory of this away than on Bourbon Street in New Orleans

2 shots of Everclear please!!

And on queue a group of Devils fans just walked into the bar so everyone is getting sh!tfaced tonight!!

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#111 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,722 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

No better place to drink the memory of this away than on Bourbon Street in New Orleans

And on queue a group of Devils fans just walked into the bar so everyone is getting sh!tfaced tonight!!

Have seven for me.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#112 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

Have a Hurricane or three on me!

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#113 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

Have a Hurricane or three on me!

#3 right here sir! Thinking I'll plop a $50 down and tell the bartender to keep them rolling until my eyes cross

yduzumuj.jpg

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#114 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

Please, Western Conference representative, keep your starting goaltender in the net the whole series.

#115 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

#3 right here sir! Thinking I'll plop a $50 down and tell the bartender to keep them rolling until my eyes cross

yduzumuj.jpg

Dedication to a most worthy cause indeed!

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#116 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

Okay, so we venture on into the night. We play this carefully from here on out. We cannot go into the Finals guaranteeing ourselves that the Rangers will lose. I sure as hell hope it to death but this thread has helped me brace myself and ease into being ready for the worst.

Oh....and drinks all around on me. Brandy and scotch, put on your best suits men, we are going to watch this ship sink with pride damn it.

Edited by Neb00rs, 29 May 2014 - 10:03 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#117 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

I thought they sold their soul 20 years ago.   I am sick. My FB exploded from all these friggin' Jersey asses

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#118 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,188 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

I still stand by my statement, it's not a nightmare until the Rags actually go up 1-0 in the Finals (if that actually happens)

It's tough now. But they haven't won no Stanley cup yet.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#119 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

It's all setting up for them though...the Hawks and Kings are beating each other up and the Kings will probably go to the Finals with as many games played or even one more.  Or the Hawks drain themselves coming back from 3-1 and have zero rest while the Rags get five days off before Game 1 and another two off before Game 2.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#120 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:37 PM

It's days like this where I'm happy i don't have Facebook and have basically eliminated all relationships with the Rangers fans in my life.

fvck the Rangers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users