Photo

Confronting the Nightmare - UPDATE: NIGHTMARE OVER, KINGS WIN!!

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#161 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

But are you okay with the Eagles and Red Sox winning it all?

it wouldnt bother me

when the Sox won back in 04 I tipped my hat to them, they had a good team, even George Steinbrenner told the grounds crew at Yankee Stadium to leave the lights on and let them celebrate after coming back from 0-3 to beat the Yanks in that ALCS.....they deserved it

The Eagles or the Flyers for that matter wouldn't bother me (I wouldn't root for them, but if they win they win)

one reason it's OK for me to see another team win a championship is because I've seen all 3 of my teams win at least 3 championships EACH. Its easier to watch another (hated) team win because of that.

#162 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

it wouldnt bother me

when the Sox won back in 04 I tipped my hat to them, they had a good team, even George Steinbrenner told the grounds crew at Yankee Stadium to leave the lights on and let them celebrate after coming back from 0-3 to beat the Yanks in that ALCS.....they deserved it

The Eagles or the Flyers for that matter wouldn't bother me (I wouldn't root for them, but if they win they win)

one reason it's OK for me to see another team win a championship is because I've seen all 3 of my teams win at least 3 championships EACH. Its easier to watch another (hated) team win because of that.

Touche then. I have been in a rough patch with my sports teams for well over a decade now.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#163 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

Well there it is lol. Kings and Rags...yipee!!...

#164 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

If I see one more fvcking casual fan use the phrase "King Henrik" I might lose my mind.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#165 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:47 AM

i'm just hoping Mick Jagger  is rooting for the Rangers and heres why:

http://articles.chic...orld-cup-futbol

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#166 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:29 AM

I will throw myself out my window if the Rangers win.

Now let's have everybody play!

If the Rangers win the SCF, I will....

Edited by RizzMB30, 02 June 2014 - 04:31 AM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#167 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

I will throw myself out my window if the Rangers win.

Now let's have everybody play!

If the Rangers win the SCF, I will....

...organize a cult-like mass suicide at Dino BBQ the day before the Stanley Cup parade, so as to take away from their headlines.

#168 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

Kings in 6.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#169 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

...organize a cult-like mass suicide at Dino BBQ the day before the Stanley Cup parade, so as to take away from their headlines.

Why Dino BBQ?  Are we supposed to throw ourselves into the pit and slowly cook for 12-16 hours to get ourselves nice and tender so our flesh falls right off the bone?

#170 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

Why Dino BBQ?  Are we supposed to throw ourselves into the pit and slowly cook for 12-16 hours to get ourselves nice and tender so our flesh falls right off the bone?

Nah I just want a good meal before I go. Wango Tango wings!

#171 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

I would love to see Gaborik blow up on the Rangers.  That would make this all worthwhile.

#172 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

I would love to see Gaborik blow up on the Rangers.  That would make this all worthwhile.

This would be icing.. but I'll take a 7 game, all 1-goal game series, as long at the right team wins.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#173 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Kings in 6.

I'm down with this.

815631765.gif

#174 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

This would be icing.. but I'll take a 7 game, all 1-goal game series, as long at the right team wins.

Honestly, I want a 4 game sweep in route form. I want the Kings to chase King Nothing from at least 2 games.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#175 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

Honestly, I want a 4 game sweep in route form. I want the Kings to chase King Nothing from at least 2 games.

With multiple Gaborik hatties!

#176 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

Its amazing how quickly ive gone from detesting the Kings to being their #1 fan!

#177 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

Its amazing how quickly ive gone from detesting the Kings to being their #1 fan!

Look at the bright side. They're the one team capable of fully shaming our biggest rivals. Allow me to explain:

• A series of trades over the course of 6 months reunite Jeff Carter and Mike Richards in Los Angeles, less than one year removed from being the captain and assistant captain to the Philadelphia Flyers. These two former Flyers play a large role in their run and go on to win the Stanley Cup.
  • Happenstance and some shrewd maneuvering land Marian Gaborik in a Kings jersey at the deadline, the New York Rangers' former star forward. This former Rangers star has played a huge role in their playoff run and can potentially go on to win a Stanley Cup if they beat his former team.

Sure, us making the playoffs and beating our rivals would be better, but this is an okay alternative... very passive aggressive way of angering our rivals, seeing their former stars from a year or two ago see mega success.

Edited by DJ Eco, 04 June 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#178 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

Look at the bright side. They're the one team capable of fully shaming our biggest rivals. Allow me to explain:

• A series of trades over the course of 6 months reunite Jeff Carter and Mike Richards in Los Angeles, less than one year removed from being the captain and assistant captain to the Philadelphia Flyers. These two former Flyers play a large role in their run and go on to win the Stanley Cup.
  • Happenstance and some shrewd maneuvering land Marian Gaborik in a Kings jersey at the deadline, the New York Rangers' former star forward. This former Rangers star has played a huge role in their playoff run and can potentially go on to win a Stanley Cup if they beat his former team.

Sure, us making the playoffs and beating our rivals would be better, but this is an okay alternative... very passive aggressive way of angering our rivals, seeing their former stars from a year or two ago see mega success.

And, so it shall be!

#179 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

Crybaby Rags fan whining about StubHub not honoring tickets he bought weeks ago that were listed by mistake to game 6 of the SCF for $12 each.

His quotes about this is important because the Rags have only won 1 cup in 74 years is priceless

http://www.nj.com/ra...t_river_default

#180 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

He should rest easy that there won't be a Game 6 because odds are the Kings will get it done in 4 or 5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users