266 replies to this topic

#241 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

My mind is clear... I want Argentina to win...

http://www.france.fr...friendship.html

...and I though we were friends :P

#242 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

If you were really friends... you would let us win sometimes ; ) 

But since my first visit to Germany and the crazy nights in the subburb of Munchen... my love for Germany is total. 

aaah the things she teachs me there... ; ) 

#243 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

I picked Argentina from day 1, but I have to admit, I'm very worried, not sure Argentina an stop that attack...

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#244 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,990 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

Hahaha at Brazil. They got lucky though cause that should have been a red card.

#245 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

Go home Germany!!

#246 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

Go home Germany!!

They will after the game, hopefully with the trophy

#247 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

To all of those who said Argentina can't stop Germany's attack! They held it! let's close it! Dam, good dam game thought Germany, Gratz!

Edited by CarterforPresident, 13 July 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#248 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

GERMANY!!! #4!!!!!!!

Deutschland über alles

#249 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,218 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

Part of me wanted to see Argentina troll Brazil by winning in their backyard for giggles...but it would have been the equivalent of the Rangers winning the Cup at the Prudential Center so I didn't really want to wish that on the Brazilians lol

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 July 2014 - 05:06 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#250 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,990 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

It would have been meh if Argentina won back to back games on pks after 0-0 it was nice to see both teams trying to score in extra time though. I'm glad it didn't go to pks. Didn't care who won but congrats eaglejelly have fun celebrating over there.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 13 July 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#251 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

It would have been meh if Argentina won back to back games on pks after 0-0 it was nice to see both teams trying to score in extra time though. I'm glad it didn't go to pks. Didn't care who won but congrats eaglejelly have fun celebrating over there.

Thanks, I already quite drunk

Screenshot_2014-07-10-21-42-49.png

Edited by eaglejelly, 13 July 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#252 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

Eh. It was still entertaining to watch. It took a perfect play for Deutschland to win. Sweet finish by Gotze, who subbed for Klose. Pretty cool. Messi certainly had his chances. That one rush and miss just wide he'll be thinking about for a while. And his kick was poorly executed. He really wanted no part of the trophy. Who can blame him? Germany was the best team. They controlled territorially and are such a fun team to watch off the rush. Congrats to them.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#253 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:47 AM

I disagree however about the statement that say that "Germany got a team and no Argentina that got only Messi"... That's not true... I mean the Argentine part. They do have a strong unite core. Just a lot less talented as Germany. And what a bench... seriously.. the deep bench make them win the cup.

They totally deserve it. No doubt... But damn i would have love for a third title. (More than a second title for France to be honest ; ) ) 

Anyway... Happy Bastille day everybody... 

oh wait.. ; ) 

#254 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Missed most of this thread with looking for a new place to live and changing jobs, but clearly the best team won the tournament. And it was way closer than it should have been in the final.

Germany had the depth.

Also Messi winning the player of the tournament is an absolute crime, he wasnt even the most impressive Argentinian. Mascherano was better than Messi in the tournament.

My Player of the tournament was James Rodriguez.

Congrats to Germany. 

Brilliant tournament all round.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#255 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

How Messi won that award is absurd. All of his goals came in group play right? Meaning hr didn't score a single goal in elimination play? That's unreal

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#256 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

Him winning was for an endorsement stunt. Calm your selves lol

#257 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,218 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

They also generally want to give it to a guy whose team is in the top four, which is why Rodriguez didn't even finish top three in the voting (absurd)
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#258 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

That REALLY was a NICE goal!

ActualOptimisticEland.gif

#259 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

I disagree however about the statement that say that "Germany got a team and no Argentina that got only Messi"... That's not true... I mean the Argentine part. They do have a strong unite core. Just a lot less talented as Germany. And what a bench... seriously.. the deep bench make them win the cup.

They totally deserve it. No doubt... But damn i would have love for a third title. (More than a second title for France to be honest ; ) ) 

Anyway... Happy Bastille day everybody... 

oh wait.. ; ) 

Of course Argentina are more than Messi, but they seemed to depend on him to create offense. Hats off to Argentina, they played a hell of a game. Surprisingly unlike 2010, it was their defense that that got them that far, while there offense failed them. You can't win a tournament without scoring for 320 consecutive minutes.

Losing Khedira 5 minutes before the match really hurt Germany. If forced Kroos to be more defensive and prevented him from being the creative offensive force. The best chance he created was for Argentina. Götze used to be referred to as the German Messi because of his unbelievable talent. There are still some aspects of his game that need improvement, which is why he lost his starting role during the tournament. Germany has unbelievable depth in the Midfield at the moment which was the different maker in the end. They is can afford to have players like Götze and Schürrle on the bench even though they were missing some world class player due to injury (Reus, Gündogan).
Germany didn’t play their best game, but thankfully they made it due to luck and Götze.

I don't think I ever scouted as load as I did when Götze scored. It even topped Henrique's goal

#260 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

How Messi won that award is absurd. All of his goals came in group play right? Meaning hr didn't score a single goal in elimination play? That's unreal

Usually the Media voted for the player of the tournament. The only flaw used to be that the vote took place before the final. That explains why Zidane got it in 2006 and Kahn got it over Ronaldo in 2002. This time around FIFA decided to make the call the themselves. They probably engraved his name on the trophy even before the world cup started

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users