#41 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:09 AM

First game and first good prediction...

i'm 100% right with my WC prediction so far... ; ) 

3-1 wtih the first refereree screwjob... Get ready to have a lot of them with such a bad level of referee (traditionnal in Worldcup turning first round) ...

Oh.. and we cannot afford to let the Brazil don't go deep in the cup right ? right ? 

Same here hoping to win the work pick em!!

Terrible decision on that penalty!! It sucks that they are allowing such sub standard refs into the tournament.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#42 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

Group A: Mexico v Cameroon

Venue: Estadio das Dunas, Natal
Kick-off: 5pm (GMT) (1pm, US Brazil time)

The first Meh game of the tournament. But likely to be an interesting game. Neither team will be too much affected by the heat. Mexico have decided to leave Manchester United's Javier Hernandez on the bench for the first game, he does have an impact from the subs bench for united so we will see if he can do the same for Mexico. Cameroon have a few quality players. Eto'o is still a brilliant player, as is Alex song even though he didn't have the best year at Barca and will likely be off in the summer. I had this game at 2-2 and I am sticking with it.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#43 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

Group A: Mexico v Cameroon

Venue: Estadio das Dunas, Natal
Kick-off: 5pm (GMT) (1pm, US Brazil time)

The first Meh game of the tournament. But likely to be an interesting game. Neither team will be too much affected by the heat. Mexico have decided to leave Manchester United's Javier Hernandez on the bench for the first game, he does have an impact from the subs bench for united so we will see if he can do the same for Mexico. Cameroon have a few quality players. Eto'o is still a brilliant player, as is Alex song even though he didn't have the best year at Barca and will likely be off in the summer. I had this game at 2-2 and I am sticking with it.

I don't see this a s a "meh" game as it a must win for both teams. Mexico got screwed big time in the first half. 2 good goals were disallowed and a clear penalty not given.

they should have a 2nd ref sitting in front of a TV so that at least one ref can see what everyone else in the world can see. The Refs have just been brutal in the first 2 games so far

#44 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

Who saw that coming? Spain - Netherlands 1-5. After the first half i thought the Dutch were more than lucky to be in a tie game. I think this was the last time we saw Iker Casillas at this tournament.

#45 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

Unbelievable performance by the Netherlands. RVP's header in the 1st and then the domination in the 2nd. I hope de Gea gets to play now.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#46 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

I feel i'm a genius... i put 5€ (ok not a huge bet) on the fact that Spain will not escape their group ! 

And i was at a already big victory for Netherland 3-1... Now this is something !

I'm happy ! 

TeamAntiSpain there ! 

(when you think that my mum is born in Barcelona... what a terrible son i'm ! ) 

#47 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Welp, Greece-Colombia at noon today.  Not feeling all that great about it but at least Socratis Papastathopoulos is fit enough to anchor the defense.  Of course Santos is going to start the ****** old men like Katsouranis and Tziolis in favor of Fetfazidis and Kone because they're too young.  Nevermind that Kone and Fetfa are our most creative midfielders.  Feels like I'm talking about the Devils here.  I also have no idea why I typed that all out considering no one here probably knows any Greek players (I dont blame you by the way haha, they're pretty brutal to watch some times).

#48 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

Jesus that 0-3 result was rough but I do feel Greece did deserve slightly better.  Of course not a win, just 0-1 or 1-1 if Gekas didn't suck ass

#49 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

The media in England is bizarre. Heaping praise on Sterling who had a shocking game and couldn't keep hold of the ball for more than a second.

England are a team in transition. This will be a great tournament to get experience for players like barkley,lalanna and Ox.

Italy were clinical. Didn't really put a foot wrong. Still think a draw would have been a fair result. It will all be on the Uruguay game now.

Posted Image

#50 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

The media in England is bizarre. Heaping praise on Sterling who had a shocking game and couldn't keep hold of the ball for more than a second.

England are a team in transition. This will be a great tournament to get experience for players like barkley,lalanna and Ox.

Italy were clinical. Didn't really put a foot wrong. Still think a draw would have been a fair result. It will all be on the Uruguay game now.

England did show a lot promise but they seemed a bit inflexible defensively. Many times Baines ended up having to defend 2 players and didn't get the help he needed. Gerrard is also no Pirlo.

#51 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

Jesus that 0-3 result was rough but I do feel Greece did deserve slightly better.  Of course not a win, just 0-1 or 1-1 if Gekas didn't suck ass

Greece always appears to want to repeat 2004 by playing the same way. They really need to move on.

#52 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

I am very nervous about the Germany Portugal game today. Germany looked very venerable against counter attacks in their preparation games, and nobody counters better than Portugal.

#53 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

What a stupid move by Pepe.

Is he now suspended for the US game?
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#54 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

What a stupid move by Pepe.

Is he now suspended for the US game?

Yes, there is a minimum 1 game ban for a red card, at least that is the way it was the last world cup

It looks like Löw did his homework. Besides the first 5 minutes Germany had everything under control. If Hummels is injured seriously, it would be a big blow for Germany. He is by far their best defender.

#55 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

England did show a lot promise but they seemed a bit inflexible defensively. Many times Baines ended up having to defend 2 players and didn't get the help he needed. Gerrard is also no Pirlo.

England's trouble is two of their most experienced defenders are sat at home. Ashley Cole would not have got beaten like Baines did on the second goal.

Germany looked fantastic today. Ronaldo had a shocker.

Posted Image

#56 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

How great was that ending? The drama of the US holding that lead for 80 minutes before giving up the equalizer, but then going down and scoring off the corner, it was a blast.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#57 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

Awesome win for the US! I really thought they had no chance at 3 points once Ghana tied it. What a way to take the game! Hopefully they can beat Portugal on Sunday.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#58 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

It's horrible going forward that Jozy got hurt. We really played like garbage but pulled the win out of our ass but I'll take it.

#59 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

Germany looked good, but Portugal looked awful, shocked about Spain, although I expect they will recover and make a run. 

As for the US,  I hate the diamond midfield, its a terrible formation, Beckerman is a nice MLS player, he should NEVER EVER start in the WC. Jermaine Jones needs to be the Holding CM.

Zussi needs to be on the field, w/out Donvan our set pieces were awful until Zusi took over.  I really like beasley, but he was taken to the wood shed last night, not sure who else can play there, I think Chandler is an issue defensively . Aron Johanson was awful, no idea how they replace Altidore, Maybe Dempsey up front? 

Lots of issues for Klinsman to resolve.

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#60 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

I have no complaints with the diamond midfield or any of the midfielders. Jones was awesome yesterday but so was Beckerman. He had one less tackle than Jones, had 3 effective clearances in the box, and distributed the ball well. Ghana did well to take Bradley out of the game and the US sat back for most of the match. I expect them to be more aggressive next time.

I hope Zusi plays more. I like Bedoya a lot but if I had to choose between the two, I’m taking Zusi.

I am just as concerned about Besler’s health as I am about Altidore’s. He’s been the main piece in central defense and it would really hurt to lose him. At least Brooks carried over his late season club form over to the national team. No idea what they are going to do up front if Altidore can't go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users