266 replies to this topic

#61 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

Spain is eliminated after 2 games, who saw that coming?

#62 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:21 AM

This had been one of the most interesting world cups in many a year. Chile have impressed me most outside Germany. Chile play as a proper team.

England's game tonight is must win. They have the tools to do it, I expect a better display from the back 4.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#63 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

Spain is eliminated after 2 games, who saw that coming?

If i may say that... I do. since the group was made few months ago.

We do a contest here at work.. and i had exactly that happening ... Spain was weak this year... with very tired players.. mentally & physically... 

I always say that Chile was a team full of beast.. kamikaze beast.. but beast nonetheless... 

This had been one of the most interesting world cups in many a year. Chile have impressed me most outside Germany. Chile play as a proper team.

England's game tonight is must win. They have the tools to do it, I expect a better display from the back 4.

Go Suarez Go ! 

(yes i do have Uruguay going really deep in the tournement in my contest as well) 

#64 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

I agree, aside from the Nigeria Iran game, it has been a very entertaining tournament so far. If Uruguay plays the way they did against Costa Rica, England should not have too many problems today.

#65 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

I agree, aside from the Nigeria Iran game, it has been a very entertaining tournament so far. If Uruguay plays the way they did against Costa Rica, England should not have too many problems today.

Suarez is supposed to play for Uruguay, that could make a huge difference. 

All I know is that my boss, who's from Liverpool, is giving us license to leave at 3 to accompany him to the local pub for the game.  If he keeps this up, I hope England advances, because I could use some more of these "team-building exercises".

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#66 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,517 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

It has definitely been more exciting, the stats seem to show that teams are playing more offensive, through 20 games there have been 60 goals in 2014, only 38 in 2010, that a huge difference.

Spain shocked me, I did not expect them to win, but really thought they would advance, Puyol abscence was huge, and Costa did not step up as they needed. 

Cannot wait for todays games...

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#67 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

Has there been a more brutal team to watch than Greece? Ugh

#68 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

THAT IS A BALLSY POINT!!

#69 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:08 AM

Well England literally need a miracle to get through. Italy need to win both games and put quite a few goals past both teams. Then England need to beat Costa Rica so significantly that they can convert a -2 goal difference into +.

So basically we are out.

It's going to be a long spell of failing to qualify or challenge for England coming up. There is a huge generational talent gap and very few players have the potential to fill it. We lack any world class players and I include Wayne Rooney in that as well.

Once England are officially out I will be hoping the Dutch can go all the way. Most exciting team so far and I have had a soft spot for them since my nan purchased me a Ruud Gullit shirt when I was 4.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#70 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

Come on Bloody English... roots for us... You know you wanna love France ; ) 

#71 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

Well England literally need a miracle to get through. Italy need to win both games and put quite a few goals past both teams. Then England need to beat Costa Rica so significantly that they can convert a -2 goal difference into +.

So basically we are out.

It's going to be a long spell of failing to qualify or challenge for England coming up. There is a huge generational talent gap and very few players have the potential to fill it. We lack any world class players and I include Wayne Rooney in that as well.

Once England are officially out I will be hoping the Dutch can go all the way. Most exciting team so far and I have had a soft spot for them since my nan purchased me a Ruud Gullit shirt when I was 4.

I really thought England had a decent side after watching them play against Italy. I guess there is a reason I don't make my money in the football business. I know it hurts when your team loses the first 2 games, but don't disgrace yourself by rooting for the dutch, that would be like rooting for the rangers :P

#72 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

Come on Bloody English... roots for us... You know you wanna love France ; )

Haha Mou!!!!

Not a chance.

Posted Image

#73 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

I really thought England had a decent side after watching them play against Italy. I guess there is a reason I don't make my money in the football business. I know it hurts when your team loses the first 2 games, but don't disgrace yourself by rooting for the dutch, that would be like rooting for the rangers :P

I was more optimistic after that Italy game. But the defending was poor and the team didn't do their homework. They had no game plan for Pirlo and no game plan for Suarez.

Rooting for Germany would be like rooting for the rangers. I am a big fan of Andre Schurrle though.

Posted Image

#74 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Costa Rica playing a hell of a match

#75 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

Costa Rica playing a hell of a match

Who had Costa Rica coming out as first in this group? Italy - Uruguay should be a great game for the last spot

#76 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Are European teams not able to hold up in the warmer climate?  Costa Rica was a shocker.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#77 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Are European teams not able to hold up in the warmer climate?  Costa Rica was a shocker.

It sure looks like it. All the "big" wins from the European sides were against other European sides

#78 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

Let's go Argentina and Portugal.
Chile and Colombia look good. Surprised abour Spain and England

#79 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

Valenica with two goals in their victory over Honduras.

#80 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

I can feel the hate toward French team : )
Dunno care.. We still move forward!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users