Ronaldo is older then Messi and the margin of wbo is better is to slim anymore

#142 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

Couldn't care less about Argentina right now. I'll be esatic if they can beat Belgium

#143 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

It was tough, but we survived the Group of Death. Just glad when I get to Brazil finally, the US will still be there.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#144 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

lol there's basically no shot they get through Belgium AND Argentina.  I'm just glad they got through to the knockout round for the second straight time (a first for us), especially since if they didn't that terrible Portugal finish would have overshadowed everything else they've done the last couple years.

Argentina is basically Portugal with a better single player (Messi > Rinaldo) and a worse other 10.  They've played pretty poorly IMO against weaker competition, they've not yet been tested, and after watching the Swiss job to France, they might not be, either.  I'm not saying Messi couldn't smoke us single-handedly, but I'm confident that the US can shut them down if they meet.

I think Belgium is beatable, its going to take a MUCH MUCH better offensive effort though, reqlly missing Altidore, and its become crystal clear that Bradley is much more of a holding center mid than a playmaker. Thats the 1 position where you really see the difference between the US and top flight teams, we donot have the dominate center mid.

As for Argentina, so much better than Portugal, they have 3 top flight stirkers, Portugal has 1, Aguero, Higuam & Messi are all so dangerous...  Argetina is very susspect in the back though....

Edited by redruM, 27 June 2014 - 07:53 AM.

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#145 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

As for Argentina, so much better than Portugal, they have 3 top flight stirkers, Portugal has 1, Aguero, Higuam & Messi are all so dangerous...  Argetina is very susspect in the back though....

Di Maria too, guess he's more of a winger, but he shoots a ton, and he's another threat.

Edited by mouse, 27 June 2014 - 08:18 AM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#146 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

Argentina got the best side of the tournament now... Only Holland got enough firepower to make suffer their back-end (that isn't good enough to make us champion at the very end)... 

But, sorry in advance, but USA isn't that good yet. It's not arrogance to say that.. but you are where you are just because Portugal collapse et get super unlucky with key injuries (every nation got blow with injury but damn.. first game... a blow out & 2 majors injury + C.Ronaldo on one leg the whole tournament)

Belgium is by experience & talent far superior of team USA... BUT... US' willing to win and trouble to make play from team belgium.. you may win this game

Even Mexico (if they win versus Holland - totally possible) are far superior right now... They aren't the same team you play against during elimination tour. Not at all.

That being said, congratz USA for being at the level of this demanding competition... No doubt you deserve more  than portugal (that again.. weren't at 100% since day one) (but hey ! that's history) ...

Here in France.. we "should be ok" versus Nigeria... then two really different scenario : Tournament end versus Germany or ... Algerie that upset big time this german team ... play against France... The country will be on fire (litteraly) ; ) 

#147 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

Argentina got the best side of the tournament now... Only Holland got enough firepower to make suffer their back-end (that isn't good enough to make us champion at the very end)... 

But, sorry in advance, but USA isn't that good yet. It's not arrogance to say that.. but you are where you are just because Portugal collapse et get super unlucky with key injuries (every nation got blow with injury but damn.. first game... a blow out & 2 majors injury + C.Ronaldo on one leg the whole tournament)

Belgium is by experience & talent far superior of team USA... BUT... US' willing to win and trouble to make play from team belgium.. you may win this game

Even Mexico (if they win versus Holland - totally possible) are far superior right now... They aren't the same team you play against during elimination tour. Not at all.

That being said, congratz USA for being at the level of this demanding competition... No doubt you deserve more  than portugal (that again.. weren't at 100% since day one) (but hey ! that's history) ...

Here in France.. we "should be ok" versus Nigeria... then two really different scenario : Tournament end versus Germany or ... Algerie that upset big time this german team ... play against France... The country will be on fire (litteraly) ; ) 

Not a fan of Germanys squad Mou?

Neuer is probably the best goalie in the world. Hummles , Kroos , Muller, Schwiensteiger, Gotze , Ozil, that's one hell of a squad right there. I mean Draxler hasn't even got a game yet!!

I guess its really close between the two, maybe Germanys strikers let them down.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#148 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

I freaky love Germany ! 

Since i'm a little kid... even when they were soooo boring 

But they didn't impress me as much as i expect this year. They should WALK on EVERYBODY face with that much power & talent... (and they could still do)... the game versus Portugal doesn't show the true face...

I still see them win the cup of course... But...

But...

hey ! 

French are such pain in the ass... ; ) 

#149 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

Mous you make it seem like the US has been healthy??  No Altidore, Dempsey broken noxe, Besler not 100%....

Belgium is a tough side, but I think the US can play with them and hopefully their determination can get them through, I think Argentina is the best side, Ipicked them to win it, but Germany & Holland also very good.

lots of fun soccer left to watch

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#150 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

I know I got caned for Argentina/Portugal comparisons, but I'm not the only one seeing the cracks in Argentina:

Argentina has been a one-man band up to this point. Gonzalo Higuain and Sergio Aguero look like they’re playing on Claritin. The defense has been — well, picture a really fun novel; now picture a footnote that nobody reads.

I'm not saying the US would be favored by any stretch of the imagination should that match happen, but I am going to continue to trust my eyes and say that they've been in poor-ish form for this tournament so far, and a better team than they've played so far could beat them (the writer above hints at the Swiss being a stronger challenge than anticipated, but it remains to be seen if they can compete).

On a non-homer note, I also agree with this:

After a totally thrilling group stage, the knockout rounds look as wide open as in any major competition since at least Euro 2008 — coincidentally also the most fun international tournament of the last 10 years.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#151 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

I really wanted Brazil knocked out. Chile was awful on those first two pks

#152 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

I really wanted Brazil knocked out. Chile was awful on those first two pks

I was hoping for the Brazilians to go down too. They actually looked like a team that could go all the way for 30 mins, but after that they had nothing. I have never seen such awful PK shootout where England was not involced.

#153 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

I was hoping for the Brazilians to go down too. They actually looked like a team that could go all the way for 30 mins, but after that they had nothing. I have never seen such awful PK shootout where England was not involced.

They had that one shot that hit the crossbar towards the end of the overtime. Damn it would have been glorious to see the Brazilian reaction if that's how Chile won.

If Brazil plays the way they did today against Columbia I think Brazil will lose. James had an amazing beautiful goal today against Uruguay.

#154 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

I really want the Netherlands to knock this damn Mexican team out

#155 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

HAHAHHAHAHAHHA fvck YOU RAFA HAHAHHAHAHAHHA GOALLLLLLLLL HAHAHHAHAHAHHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHA THIS IS AMAZING

#156 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

Very happy the Dutch are through. Mexico played well though.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#157 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

HAHAHHAHAHAHHA fvck YOU RAFA HAHAHHAHAHAHHA GOALLLLLLLLL HAHAHHAHAHAHHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHA THIS IS AMAZING

I know the Mexican team is not popular around here, but that penalty at the end of the game was a joke. Robben should have gotten the yellow card, not Rafa. Mexico deserved better.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

#158 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,003 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

Except Robben should have drawn a penalty at the end of the first half.  So in a weird way it evened out.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#159 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

I know the Mexican team is not popular around here, but that penalty at the end of the game was a joke. Robben should have gotten the yellow card, not Rafa. Mexico deserved better.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I'm also a New York Red Bulls fan of the MLS and Rafa was a gutless heartless piece of garbage for my team. He deserved that fate today. And while yes Robben was already going down Rafa was still late coming in on him.

I'm glad that happened to Rafa. He deserves nothing less.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 29 June 2014 - 07:02 PM.

#160 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

Except Robben should have drawn a penalty at the end of the first half.  So in a weird way it evened out.

Robben himself admitted that he dove at the end of the first half

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users