266 replies to this topic

#161 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'm also a New York Red Bulls fan of the MLS and Rafa was a gutless heartless piece of garbage for my team. He deserved that fate today. And while yes Robben was already going down Rafa was still late coming in on him.

I'm glad that happened to Rafa. He deserves nothing less.

I wasn't aware of that chapter in his career. I am surprised because he has been nothing but clutch for Mexico.

Speaking of MLS, how is it possible that the league continues it play while the world cup is going on? This is unthinkable in any European country. This means teams are being punished for having  players in the national squad.

#162 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,248 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

He never lived up to his contract and then he pulled that nonsense.

The league took off for 3 weeks and just came back after the group stage ended. I think it has to do with more the fact that if they take the entire world cup off the season will get pushed back even later and would push the playoffs further back into December which is what they want to avoid because of the weather during that time period.

One of the red bulls playoff games got postponed because of snow in 2012.

#163 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

We don't stop during winter in Europe ... Germany may have longer cut during this period... and scandinavian+Russian champ doesn't have the same start as other country here.. but still "in general"... we play in winter. And ok sometimes, some games are delayed but that's not the end of the World...

I guess in US it's more to play during a time that let audience see them... To be in competition with other massive sport .. we don't have this in Europe. Only Football is King ! 

#164 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

We don't stop during winter in Europe ... Germany may have longer cut during this period... and scandinavian+Russian champ doesn't have the same start as other country here.. but still "in general"... we play in winter. And ok sometimes, some games are delayed but that's not the end of the World...

I guess in US it's more to play during a time that let audience see them... To be in competition with other massive sport .. we don't have this in Europe. Only Football is King ! 

Absolutely this.  Competition with American Football and Basketball would be death for MLS, at least right now.  In the summer all MLS has to compete with is the dog days of baseball summer and NASCAR, really.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#165 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,516 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

fun weekend, Rodriguez had the goal of the tournament, what a great strike! 

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#166 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

BrWPMWYCIAEovpS.png

BrXATqDIMAAq2Ge.jpg

BrWRA6lCYAEIp6d.jpg

#167 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

Allons enfant de la patrie ! Le jour de gloire est arrivé ! 

Go Benzema Go ! 

Allez les bleus ! 

#168 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

Allons enfant de la patrie ! Le jour de gloire est arrivé ! 

Go Benzema Go ! 

Allez les bleus ! 

Je ne veux pas le blues à gagner parce que je ne veux pas l'Allemagne de les jouer dans un match de quart de finale potentiel

#169 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

Don't worry Eagle.. if you don't wanna play this game... we will play versus Algeria in 1/4 ; ) 

(and watch the country burn) 

But to be honest, we are really lucky to win this game.. i'm not fooled by the score and during the first period, the referee was nice with us (i wouldn't have scream if he gave nigeria a PK because of Evra... and red card for Matuidi wasn't out of question ) 

Altogether, we were the stronger team on 90mn... but we were lucky nonetheless ! 

Allez les bleus ! 

#170 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

Nigeria played a good game, but France had another gear they could go to when they needed it. They created more scoring chance within a 5 minute span than the Nigerians had all day.

#171 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

Eaglejelly... It was nice knowing you ; )

Allez les bleus ! 

#172 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

Eaglejelly... It was nice knowing you ; )

Allez les bleus ! 

One more time

#173 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,248 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

Haha I love it. Should be an awesome game between your two teams.

I'm so excited for today I hope USA can pull it off.

#174 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

Crap, I wanted Argentina to go out. So far all the "Top" teams struggled in the round of 16 , but made it through. Lets hope the US can be the one team to knock out a group winner.

#175 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

What a miss by Wondolowski. Game was on his foot. Argh. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#176 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,248 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

This is what happens when you sit back the entire game. So disappointing

#177 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

Usa is done

#178 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,248 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

Fire Jurgen. Piss poor management with his subs today and this team has looked worse every game. Bradley isn't world cup material either. They didn't deserve to win today and still almost pulled it out of Wondo could have actually tapped the ball into the net.

#179 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

I don't watch as much soccer as some but I was really into it and bummed out. Howard gave an amazing performance. He was spectacular. A record 16 saves. Scintillating stuff. He deserved better. Belgium just had way too much possession and had our defenders on their heels. That Origi guy was pretty impressive. Beasley saved a goal diving into the net in the first half. Jones took a beating in extras. Wondolowski had such a great chance to win it. That would've been the Hollywood script. To win at the end of regulation. But it wasn't meant to be.

The frustrating aspect is how they played throughout until they were down 2-0 in the final 15-plus. Part of it was due to style and Belgium. You don't sit back and win in any sport. I felt like I was reliving the nightmare versus the Kings except Howard replaced Lundqvist on a futbol field. Then the 19-year old kid scores an awesome goal and they came so close on that set piece. They should've tied it. How crazy. That was an awesome game. A shame that the FIFA officials had to ruin the ending by giving us 1 freaking minute of bonus. Garbage.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#180 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

Also caught the end of Argentina's fantastic win. I predicted they'd score before kicks. They had so many chances. Then Messi with just a fantastic play. So unselfish drawing 3 and a perfect one-time finish by Di Maria. Sweet!

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users