I mean it seems so easy just keep going in skate first on "accident"

#2 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

eh as much as I hate the Rangers and the overrated Kreider, that wasn't an illegal play. Yes it was reckless and yes the Rags have too many little fast players who just cannonball into the goalie...but that particular play it was impossible for him to stop

Why it's not done? Because you might not injure their goalie. And then in retaliation they'll come back and definitely injure yours. It's a slippery slope.

Edited by '7', 25 May 2014 - 10:23 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

eh as much as I hate the Rangers and the overrated Kreider, that wasn't an illegal play. Yes it was reckless and yes the Rags have too many little fast players who just cannonball into the goalie...but that particular play it was impossible for him to stop

It was possible for him to not go in skate first. I was just lashing out in the topic title and first post but he definitely could have not gone in skates first like he did. And he keeps getting lucky which proves no karma in this God damn game

#4 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

yea he didn't have to. But he could've gone in any body part first and injured the goalie. It was a freak play. I mean his goal there is to score not to make sure the Habs goalie is safe. Granted him going in skates first put his own knees and ankles in serious danger...but Kreider is an idiot.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:31 AM

It's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt when this is what, the third time he's completely run over a goalie in the past month and a half?  Also I've been playing hockey for 20 years and have never fallen feet first when being tripped from the front.  His weight is on his left skate as the stick comes across his right skate, and then he gets the shot off, and then he dropkicks Price.  Based on his past and the bizarre way he goes down, it is clear to me that he meant to plow into him.

Edited by devilsfan26, 26 May 2014 - 08:32 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#6 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

So with Price in net for all the games the out come would be different ? The Habs have had more then their share of chances and blew it. I do believe Kreider is an idiot also.

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#7 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

There's no doubt in my mind that he knew what he was doing.  It's not the first time he's plowed into a goalie after being 'interfered' with.  He looks for any reason to fall into the goalie.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#8 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

just pretend your falling backwards and punt the chin

or flying elbow off the crossbar *eyeroll

is there video of this i missed it, ill look

edit; upon review booooooooooo

Edited by lazer, 26 May 2014 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image

#9 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

dirty move.. but is this really a thread? i guess thats how you know the board is bored.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#10 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

How come Subban doesn't just take him out ala Adam Larsson?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users