7 replies to this topic

#1 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

I tried copying and pasting the link to the media player directly, but it wouldn't let me- so just click on where it says 'DeBoer on HNIC Radio' and the link should play: http://devils.nhl.com/index.html

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

I know he has to say it for political reasons, but the phrase "we can always use more great goaltending" when referring to Brodeur at this stage of his career makes me cringe.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 29 May 2014 - 02:23 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#3 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

I know he has to say it for political reasons, but the phrase "we can always use more great goaltending" when referring to Brodeur at this stage of his career makes me cringe.

Yeah, at this point everyone knows it's not true and that there's no way he really thinks that...I firmly believe PDB can't be that blind...it's almost become an "wink wink nudge nudge" inside joke.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#4 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

I said it in another place, but I'll repeat it here:

Remember back in high school or college when you'd lie about a grade you got to family or friends, and you repeated that new mark out loud or in your head so much so that you actually forgot the actual grade you received?

Well that's how I imagine it to be with Pete after going on and on for so long about how good Brodeur is.

Edited by devilsrule33, 29 May 2014 - 03:09 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#5 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

he put cory in the outdoor game after marty sh!t the ice

could have ruined cory's devils career right there.

pretty much the only place cory cant start in the nhl is NJ and NY and LA

not even VAN anymore.

Edited by lazer, 29 May 2014 - 04:42 PM.

Posted Image

#6 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

I don't think Cory would welcome Brodeur back. And that would preclude him signing long term. Enough of this drama. Lou needs to come out and say we are moving on.

Edited by coldply123, 29 May 2014 - 04:54 PM.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#7 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:36 PM

Brodeur played 39 games for the Devils last season. Schneider, who was acquired in a trade at the 2013 NHL Draft, played 45; he had been the backup to Roberto Luongo with the Vancouver Canucks.

"Maybe it wasn't the perfect situation with [Martin] and Cory just because of where Cory was coming out of and the situation he was coming out of and him wanting to be a starter and maybe not having that opportunity in Vancouver," DeBoer said. "But they both handled it professionally, and we'll see what happens down the road here."

-- If I'm Schneider and I'm being told I'll be splitting time with Brodeur instead of being named the starter, I'm calling my agent and tell him to get me out of here.

#8 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:12 AM

Brodeur played 39 games for the Devils last season. Schneider, who was acquired in a trade at the 2013 NHL Draft, played 45; he had been the backup to Roberto Luongo with the Vancouver Canucks.

"Maybe it wasn't the perfect situation with [Martin] and Cory just because of where Cory was coming out of and the situation he was coming out of and him wanting to be a starter and maybe not having that opportunity in Vancouver," DeBoer said. "But they both handled it professionally, and we'll see what happens down the road here."

-- If I'm Schneider and I'm being told I'll be splitting time with Brodeur instead of being named the starter, I'm calling my agent and tell him to get me out of here.

The writing is on the wall. He's being polite to Brodeur in case he does come back.  Brodeur, Lou, and DeBoer have said things along the lines of Schneider is the goto guy.  You don't just give up 1st round pick in a supposedly very strong draft to acquire a 'tender of Schneider's ability without the intention of making him a starter.  This shouldn't even be a discussion right now.  This is fvcking foolish.  IF he comes back, I can guarantee we won't be seeing Brodeur in 39 games next season.  The man himself has come out and said, "This is Cory's team now".

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users