• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:32 PM

I love you!

THIS

*Bows and walks out the room backwards with both middle fingers in the air*

In other news, this series is looking eerily similar to Devils-Kings circa 2012

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#262 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

Rags have had their share of breaks too. That goal they scored after Willie Mitchell made it 3-2 was a gift from god.

Absolutely.  But the breaks have been pretty even in the series for both teams.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#263 landofvanilla

landofvanilla

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:03 AM

Didn't happen in the bar I was at in midtown; fans my ass. Bunch of oh-wells, then straight back to drinking and their usual business. No lamenting, no period of reflection and disappointment to sink in. Volume was barely reduced. 

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Rangers fans voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

#264 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

Oh yeah. This is going to be treated like the Brett Hull skate in the crease. Rangers fans will NEVER let go of puck-over-glass-gate. CONSPIRACY NHL IS AGAINST THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha yep, and they will conveniently ignore....
(1)  Stepan getting away with a high stick early in the second overtime,

(2)  Girardi getting away with a delay of game penalty when he got hurt from a blocked shot and grabbed the puck and smothered it, and

(3)  Nash's dive to draw the interference call in overtime

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#265 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:59 AM

Kings should close this out in 5. Rangers might steal one at home.

Let's not get cocky. The Rangers win game 3 and they're right back in this.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#266 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:52 AM

It doesn't matter how you start, it's how you finish. That's the difference, the rags can't play a full 60 minutes against this kings team, once the third comes, the kings turn into best team and rangers go back wards as that result. I feel lile the kings would rather be down then up, their used to it. Works in their favor.

Kings have had several breaks and bounces though.

#267 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

Well, that was intense. Felt filthy cheering and rooting so hard for the Kings, but waddya gonna do.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#268 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

Oh dear god.  Did anybody see Lundquist after the 3rd Kings goal?  The goal where King MAY have interfered with him a little bit?  Omg, he was pouting and slamming the ice with both hands while complaining to the ref.  Please someone make a .gif of that, please.  It was between 2:50 and 2:58 of the NHL.com highlights.  At 1:58 into the 3rd period. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#269 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

I love seeing the Queen on his ass.....both the 3rd and 5th goals were great to watch.

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#270 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

Bar was at on 14th street, no one gave two sh!ts about the Rangers. It was on, there was a couple of Rangers fans in the house but none of them were actually focused on the game. They were focused on their beers. fvcking mind boggling.

#271 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,110 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

Oh dear god.  Did anybody see Lundquist after the 3rd Kings goal?  The goal where King MAY have interfered with him a little bit?  Omg, he was pouting and slamming the ice with both hands while complaining to the ref.  Please someone make a .gif of that, please.  It was between 2:50 and 2:58 of the NHL.com highlights.  At 1:58 into the 3rd period. 

It was a really bad call. It was textbook interference but whatever. Not saying it decided the game or what not, but it should have been called.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#272 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:47 AM

I don't know about the call. I know if it was the other way around and that had happened to us, this place would melt down. Looking at it over and over and over again, I just feel like King would not have touched Henrik if he was allowed to skate to the front of the net which was where he was going until McDonagh impeded his progress an nudged into the goalie.

#273 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,110 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

I don't know about the call. I know if it was the other way around and that had happened to us, this place would melt down. Looking at it over and over and over again, I just feel like King would not have touched Henrik if he was allowed to skate to the front of the net which was where he was going until McDonagh impeded his progress an nudged into the goalie.

At least you can recognize this place would melt down considering this place did melt down when Brodeur got bumped by a Canes player when he was 2 feet out of his crease and the Canes scored 1 second later with 0.2 on the clock.

The puck over the glass call is just too tough a play even if they had instant replay to go to. I definitively think moving forward goalie interference should be reviewable. But even then, it wouldn't be perfect. But sometimes refs really botch these calls.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#274 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

If a defensemen pushes the player INTO the goalie, it's not interference.  The same exact thing happened in 2009 when I think it was Ruutu or Jokinen apparently nudged Brodeur and we lost the game with less than a second left.  Brodeur was furious.  THAT player was not pushed by a defensemen.  I think King has his body under control and was pushed.  It was damn close, it's nigh-impossible for the ref to get this call right every single time. 

EDIT:  King was credited with the goal.  This means it went off of him before he ran into Lundquist.  Lundquist also has a reputation of taking a dive. 

collission.gif

The more I watch this sport, the more I see it turning into Soccer where taking a dive is a regular thing.  It's despicable.  Europe is fascinated with the sport of soccer and I could enjoy it a lot more if embellishment wasn't a regular and accepted part of the game. 

Edited by RizzMB30, 08 June 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#275 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

Bottom line: The queen has let in 8 goals in two games.  For someone that is regarded as something akin to the messiah by rags fans, that is not getting it done.  He's not the reason they lost the first two games but he's not cultivating a legend of being able to steal a game on the biggest stage.

Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#276 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

At least you can recognize this place would melt down considering this place did melt down when Brodeur got bumped by a Canes player when he was 2 feet out of his crease and the Canes scored 1 second later with 0.2 on the clock.

The puck over the glass call is just too tough a play even if they had instant replay to go to. I definitively think moving forward goalie interference should be reviewable. But even then, it wouldn't be perfect. But sometimes refs really botch these calls.

Puck over glass whatever. Stupid rule anyway.

#277 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

Looks like a good no-call from this view.

ImprobableKindlyFruitfly.gif

Posted Image

#278 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,110 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

Bottom line: The queen has let in 8 goals in two games.  For someone that is regarded as something akin to the messiah by rags fans, that is not getting it done.  He's not the reason they lost the first two games but he's not cultivating a legend of being able to steal a game on the biggest stage.

He hasn't "stole" any games, but if you are asking any goalie in the world to steal any games against this Kings team, you are asking too much. The Kings threw 41 shots on Lundqvist in regulation of game 1, and he only let in 2 goals. That was an excellent excellent game...especially considering he made 20 saves on 20 shots in the 3rd. He deserved a better fate.

Last night, he was not as good. But perhaps you aren't giving Lundqvist enough credit, or don't want to or don't realize how good the Kings are and how the Rangers defense isn't excellent.

I'll use Brodeur as an example here to compare what you are asking/expecting from Lundqvist compared to another goalie in the Cup Finals. In the Stanley Cup win vs Dallas. Brodeur faced a combined 35 shots in the 1st two games of that series. 40 in game 3 and 4 combined. Only 41 shots in the triple OT game 5 and only 31 in double OT Cup winning game (18, 17, 23, 17, 41, 31). In the 2003 Finals, Brodeur faced 16 shots in game1 and 2 and only 1 game over 26 shots (33 in games 3 OT finish). Game 5-7 he faced 22, 23 and 24 shots. Lastly in the Finals win against the Wings, Marty faced 17, 18,  24 and 16 shots in the 4 wins.

Edited by devilsrule33, 08 June 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#279 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

He hasn't "stole" any games, but if you are asking any goalie in the world to steal any games against this Kings team, you are asking too much. The Kings threw 41 shots on Lundqvist in regulation of game 1, and he only let in 2 goals. That was an excellent excellent game...especially considering he made 20 saves on 20 shots in the 3rd. He deserved a better fate.

Last night, he was not as good. But perhaps you aren't giving Lundqvist enough credit, or don't want to or don't realize how good the Kings are and how the Rangers defense isn't excellent.

I'll use Brodeur as an example here to compare what you are asking/expecting from Lundqvist compared to another goalie in the Cup Finals. In the Stanley Cup win vs Dallas. Brodeur faced a combined 35 shots in the 1st two games of that series. 40 in game 3 and 4 combined. Only 41 shots in the triple OT game 5 and only 31 in double OT Cup winning game (18, 17, 23, 17, 41, 31). In the 2003 Finals, Brodeur faced 16 shots in game1 and 2 and only 1 game over 26 shots (33 in games 3 OT finish). Game 5-7 he faced 22, 23 and 24 shots. Lastly in the Finals win against the Wings, Marty faced 17, 18,  24 and 16 shots in the 4 wins.

Are you saying Brodeur isn't good because the cup teams defenses were good at shot prevention?  Maybe the Rangers defense should do their job. 

Edited by RizzMB30, 08 June 2014 - 08:26 AM.

#280 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,110 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

Are you saying Brodeur isn't good because the cup teams defenses were good at shot prevention?  Maybe the Rangers defense should do their job. 

No, this isn't what I am saying at all. Brodeur is great. He got the job done. But the Kings are beasts and the Rangers aren't throwing out multiple HOF on defense. Lundqvist after two games has been under fire to start this series unlike most goalies in Stanley Cup Finals history. Not expecting you to give Lundqvist a break or anyone here, but goalies have not been asked to do as much as Lundqvist to get a team a W. It's about realistic expectations.

Edited by devilsrule33, 08 June 2014 - 09:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users