833 replies to this topic

#421 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,549 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

Mike Scott was an F'n cheating traitor , LOL   Sid! Sid Sid!

Not like no one else has ever cheated in baseball, lol. 

The closest he's ever come to a full admission:

They can believe whatever they want to believe. Every ball that hits the ground has something on it. … I’ve thrown balls that were scuffed but I haven’t scuffed every ball that I’ve thrown.

Someone else asked him about it and if he would ever go into detail about what led to his sudden dominance, to which he said something along the lines of "When I write my book."  When that someone asked when he was planning on writing the book, Scott replied "I'm not." 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 10 June 2014 - 11:48 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#422 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Is it too much to ask for another shutout so we don't have to hear that stupid goal song again this season...?

I'm tempting fate, but I think it would be better if the Rangers are down by a lot with a few minutes to go and score a meaningless goal, with the goal song going on with the remaining fans not saying anything.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#423 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

so many ranger fans are also kings fans...hiiilllarrrious 

edit dynasty > destiny 

Edited by lazer, 10 June 2014 - 12:09 PM.

Posted Image

#424 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

so many ranger fans are also kings fans...hiiilllarrrious 

edit dynasty > destiny 

Someone is probably already working on a reversible Kings/Rangers jersey for the ultimate fairweather fan.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#425 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

atleast nbc broadcasters were crowning quick the new king of msg

Posted Image

#426 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

atleast nbc broadcasters were crowning quick the new king of msg

Good, if I hear the word "King" any more after Wednesday, I'm gonna lose it

#427 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

He should change his name to "Heimlich" Lundqvist, because he's definitely choking. 

#428 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Who's winning the Con-Smythe ??

Carter, Gaborik, Quick, Kopitar, Doughty ??

#429 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

My gut is you don't give it to a goalie that let two games go to overtime. Gaborik or Carter.

#430 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

Still one more win to go...I'd keep quiet.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#431 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

how about nash going hard into quick, now thats nashty

Posted Image

#432 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

I think Justin Williams and Kopitar are smythe worthy.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#433 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

Pretty often, we can get caught up in the emotion of being Devils fans and get sucked into the bias that brings.

But, it's blowing my mind how many people on NHL.com, or their Facebook/Twitter, are trashing the Rangers and this matchup in general. A Sharks fan (who you'd think would be pulling for the Kings not to get another one) commented "The Rangers are frauds. Shouldn't be here." A fan of the Jets on NHL.com commented with the full breakdown of how many games, and which games they played against a backup goalie. Other fans are taking notice. Chicago fan said something like, "Rangers have had the easiest road to a Finals ever, and it shows."

This is the kind of stuff I've seen on this board for a month now, but sometimes I think we're fans commenting in a vacuum. Glad to see we're not too offbase.

#434 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

Pretty often, we can get caught up in the emotion of being Devils fans and get sucked into the bias that brings.

But, it's blowing my mind how many people on NHL.com, or their Facebook/Twitter, are trashing the Rangers and this matchup in general. A Sharks fan (who you'd think would be pulling for the Kings not to get another one) commented "The Rangers are frauds. Shouldn't be here." A fan of the Jets on NHL.com commented with the full breakdown of how many games, and which games they played against a backup goalie. Other fans are taking notice. Chicago fan said something like, "Rangers have had the easiest road to a Finals ever, and it shows."

This is the kind of stuff I've seen on this board for a month now, but sometimes I think we're fans commenting in a vacuum. Glad to see we're not too offbase.

Well if the Rangers do lose tomorrow it'll be the first Finals in 16 years that ends in a sweep lol.  And most of the late '90's series (Colorado-Florida, Detroit-Philly, Detroit-Caps) were one superteam beating up on inferior opposition, our '95 sweep was a bit of an outlier because of how good Detroit was.

#435 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

i don't know, i'd say Doughty was the MVP throughout the playoffs... but maybe Carter or Quick during the Finals..

either way, lets tread lightly and wait for that 4th win horn to sound

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#436 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

i don't know, i'd say Doughty was the MVP throughout the playoffs... but maybe Carter or Quick during the Finals..

either way, lets tread lightly and wait for that 4th win horn to sound

as we know from 2003 a player on the losing team can win the Con

#437 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

as we know from 2003 a player on the losing team can win the Con

I think last night takes Henrik out of the runnings. I don't know how they could fathom giving him a Conn Smythe, these aren't 1-0 games. Doughty or one of the Kings forwards is definitely gonna get it. I'd like Williams to get it.

#438 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

Still one more win to go...I'd keep quiet.

i think its a pretty safe bet to say that the kings have won the cup this year.. not a chance in HELL can the rangers win the next 4 games straight ..not a chance
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#439 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

I'd be more nervous about tomorrow's crowd than last night's. I feel like the real old school diehards are gonna show up now that ticket prices have bottomed out and the bandwagon's dead, can't blame them. The right atmosphere can spark a team. LA better take care of business.

#440 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

Remember, the Conn Smythe Trophy is awarded for performance through the entire playoffs, not just the finals.  I don't think Quick's numbers are good enough to warrant giving it to him.  I can see it going to Kopitar or Doughty but I would love if it goes to Gaborik at MSG tomorrow! :lol:

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users