833 replies to this topic

#461 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

Yeah everyone needs to calm down here. LA hasn't won anything yet.

But really...they have. The Kings haven't even dominated the Rangers yet. That's what should be so heartbreaking for the Rangers. The 5-on-5 play has been fairly close, and they are down 3-0.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#462 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

this is all terrible mojo you're all playing with. i assume the rangers are winning this thing in historic fashion until i see the kings holding the cup.

should LA win tonight, i think it will be justin williams for conn

Agree 100%

#463 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

Pretty often, we can get caught up in the emotion of being Devils fans and get sucked into the bias that brings.

But, it's blowing my mind how many people on NHL.com, or their Facebook/Twitter, are trashing the Rangers and this matchup in general. A Sharks fan (who you'd think would be pulling for the Kings not to get another one) commented "The Rangers are frauds. Shouldn't be here." A fan of the Jets on NHL.com commented with the full breakdown of how many games, and which games they played against a backup goalie. Other fans are taking notice. Chicago fan said something like, "Rangers have had the easiest road to a Finals ever, and it shows."

This is the kind of stuff I've seen on this board for a month now, but sometimes I think we're fans commenting in a vacuum. Glad to see we're not too offbase.

I hate the rags as much as anyone but it's too easy to knock them now. The same things were said about the devils in the 2012 finals after losing the first two in overtime.

The truth is there are no easy roads in the playoffs. Some are harder than others, sure, but a team that gets to the finals has to earn it.

Believe me I don't want to have to listen to rags fans go on for the next 20 years about how the 2014 eastern conference championship was a magical run and see tears flowing when they have a banner raising ceremony this October, but you have to give credit where credit is do. They earned the finals appearance just as the devils did in 2012... A few different bounces here and there and many could be singing a different tune about both this rags team and that devils one.

Edited by dmann422, 11 June 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#464 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,343 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

But really...they have. The Kings haven't even dominated the Rangers yet. That's what should be so heartbreaking for the Rangers. The 5-on-5 play has been fairly close, and they are down 3-0.

Maybe so, I just don't like to count my chickens before they hatch lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#465 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

Now this is just over the top

http://nypost.com/20...-saved-my-life/

#466 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

this is all terrible mojo you're all playing with. i assume the rangers are winning this thing in historic fashion until i see the kings holding the cup.

This. The Kings were never going to win 4 straight against San Jose, either. I'm not relaxed until the Kings are skating with the cup.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#467 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

This. The Kings were never going to win 4 straight against San Jose, either. I'm not relaxed until the Kings are skating with the cup.

San Jose has a history of playoff failure, the Kings are a championship team - big difference.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#468 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

Just gotta keep the eye on the prize Kings.  Eye on the prize. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#469 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

San Jose has a history of playoff failure, the Kings are a championship team - big difference.

That's fine, and more than likely the Kings win tonight or Friday, but if the Rags roll out 2 wins it gets dicey.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#470 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

Ouch.

Drew Doughty says the #LAKings knew they would come back against SJ after one win. "You could see it in their eyes ... and their captains."

Okay, an interesting comment, but a good example how quotes can be changed...

Fuller Doughty: "You could see it in their eyes and their team and their captains and leaders that they were worried about us coming back."

Edited by devilsrule33, 11 June 2014 - 11:59 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#471 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Ouch.

Drew Doughty says the #LAKings knew they would come back against SJ after one win. "You could see it in their eyes ... and their captains."

Okay, an interesting comment, but a good example how quotes can be changed...

Fuller Doughty: "You could see it in their eyes and their team and their captains and leaders that they were worried about us coming back."

Movie reviewer:  "One thing I can't possibly say with a straight face is that this movie was hilarous or entertaining!"

Movie poster (quoting reviewer):  "Hilarious...entertaining!"

Yeah, once you start leaving out key words and phrases, not hard to start giving someone's words a far different feel than was ever intended. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#472 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

if the rangers win 4 straight they deserve the cup, that being said if they dont get swept ill be pissed at this point.

i think flyer fans have not shown enough ranger hatred this playoffs especially since they were rooting for richards and carter in 2012

really everyone was against the devils in 2012 minus some bruins fans and a few west teams like Vancouver

the prize will be in the building 

Edited by lazer, 11 June 2014 - 03:39 PM.

Posted Image

#473 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

Yeah but its not like the Kings fluked their way to much this series despite people complaining about the refs want people to think. A better team would have grabbed either opening game by the throat. This year's Kings were a tired team compared to the 2012 Kings who went 5-4-5 in the first three rounds compared to 7-7-7.

#474 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

What's the record for most losses over a SC run anyway?  I know if the 2001 Devils would've set the record (with 9 playoff losses) had they won Game 7 (they went 15-10 that year in SC playoff games). 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#475 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

What's the record for most losses over a SC run anyway?  I know if the 2001 Devils would've set the record (with 9 playoff losses) had they won Game 7 (they went 15-10 that year in SC playoff games). 

The Bruins and Hurricanes each had 9 since the lockout. 

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#476 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

The Bruins and Hurricanes each had 9 since the lockout. 

Thanks, didn't know it off the top of my head, but thought there was a niner or two in there somewhere.

#30 FOREVER!

#477 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

Nbc just panned to a section of mostly all suits and a few jerseys

#478 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,183 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

Wow can't believe that didn't go in

#479 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

Would be nice if we can finally move into the off season.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#480 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Refs trying to give every opportunity for the Rangers to win tonight.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users