Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

bad mojo - this has to end friday

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#522 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

No mojo. Kings played really well. Move on.

#523 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

Rangers team must be gassed.  They were dominated for another 40 minutes tonight.

Not worried yet, but LA needs to close this out.  

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#524 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

Nice seeing those fans celebrate the cup they just won tonight

/sarcasm

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 11 June 2014 - 10:25 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#525 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

#1 Star:  MSG Ice.

From your lips to god's ears.

Yeah, Vigneault just referred to it in his post-conference.

EDIT:  Meant the soft ice!

Edited by CAdevsfan, 11 June 2014 - 10:28 PM.

#526 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Can't believe the rags survived that one. They got dominated, especially in the 3rd. Pucks on the goal line like you read about... seriously, two times the puck was that close?! Give me a break

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#527 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

I though the Rags would leave it all on the ice tonight...well they did that last game apparently. This was the luckiest of the luckiest. Their legs are gone. The speed they showed earlier in the playoffs is gone. Now they go cross country on the road and still down 3-1! And this is no eastern conference pansy either.

They will be freight trained game 5

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#528 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

Can everyone shut the fvck up about how dead the rangers are until the series is over? Thanks

#529 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Can everyone shut the fvck up about how dead the rangers are until the series is over? Thanks

They looked dead in "victory" today. But yea nobody is saying they're done. But I think people would be more worried if the Rags put forth a great effort tonight. They looked spent

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#530 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

It's really hard to win 4 games in a row. The Kings couldn't do it here. The Rangers sure as hell aren't.

It seems more people here are more comfortable saying the Devils are finished in a series than the Rangers.

Change from 5 games to 4. Silly typo.

Edited by devilsrule33, 12 June 2014 - 06:11 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#531 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

Yeah I'm completely done referencing any sort of Kings win now or before Friday. If the Rangers could pull a win like this out of the deepest and holiest crevices of Henrik's ass, who knows what else they're capable of. They've been lucky all playoffs and tonight was just the culmination. This series ain't over and I won't be talking about the outcome until I see a Stanley Cup hoisted in the air.

fvcking sick of this Rangers team, this nightmare needs to end already.

#532 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,427 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

It's really hard to win 5 games in a row. The Kings couldn't do it here. The Rangers sure as hell aren't.

It seems more people here are more comfortable saying the Devils are finished in a series than the Rangers.

I mean this is standard superstitious behavior.  If you say the Rangers are finished before they are and they come back, well, now you feel very stupid, not only did your prediction not come true but your most hated team won.  Whereas if the Devils come back, you're like, oh awesome, I was wrong?  Who cares.  This kind of emotional hedging is quite standard.

I didn't see the game tonight but it sounded like the Rangers got flattened.  I don't think they have much of a chance if they play like that the rest of the way.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#533 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:57 PM

I mean this is standard superstitious behavior.  If you say the Rangers are finished before they are and they come back, well, now you feel very stupid, not only did your prediction not come true but your most hated team won.  Whereas if the Devils come back, you're like, oh awesome, I was wrong?  Who cares.  This kind of emotional hedging is quite standard.

I didn't see the game tonight but it sounded like the Rangers got flattened.  I don't think they have much of a chance if they play like that the rest of the way.

It's the same reason people kill Doc and Chico for mentioning shutouts in the third period...because it 'is' kind of a jinx lol.

Sometimes it takes an ugly win to get off the canvas.  This was as ugly as it gets but the Rangers'll be more confident and loose in Game 5.  The Kings need to end this Friday before we have to deal with a whole weekend of the epic miracle comeback hype (and unlike us two years ago they get Game 6 at home).

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#534 KovalClutch

KovalClutch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:47 AM

Just one more win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#535 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:57 AM

I though the Rags would leave it all on the ice tonight...well they did that last game apparently. This was the luckiest of the luckiest. Their legs are gone. The speed they showed earlier in the playoffs is gone. Now they go cross country on the road and still down 3-1! And this is no eastern conference pansy either.

They will be freight trained game 5

agreed they won last nights game by 1 goal.. and it was quite close to being tied up.. there is absolutely nothing for anybody to worry about here
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#536 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:41 AM

Well hopefully we don't have to hear any bull about the rags' bad luck anymore... They won that one on luck alone.

Pressure slightly tips to the kings now- if they don't close it out in game 5 it means they have to go to msg again to prevent a game 7. I'm still confident that they'll close it out but it would have been nice for it to be a sweep.

#537 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

Just want this nightmare to end. Enough of this Rangers fairytale garbage. The article for last night's game was like a 2"x2" block in the papers yesterday morning and today they're back to the full front/back page. fvck this team and their fickle fans.

#538 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:56 AM

After the sh!tty season we had, and the way these playoffs have gone so far, apparently it was too much to ask for the sweep to make us smile a little bit last night.

Posted Image

#539 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

After the sh!tty season we had, and the way these playoffs have gone so far, apparently it was too much to ask for the sweep to make us smile a little bit last night.

We should've known better. Although to our benefit, most rational Devils fans expected Kings in 5-6 games. So let's cross our fingers.

#540 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

as much as we hate the rags, and the queen, you know he's good enough to steal a game in the series...well he stole one for the team/fans last night, let's see if he can steal another, in fact he will have a clunker in this series too.

The Kings look much better than the Pens and Canadians did, and seem to be getting stronger as this series moves along

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users