833 replies to this topic

#41 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

Not sure why this would upset any of you guys. The second the Rangers start feeling the hype of being the favorite to win, they've historically let everyone down. I think this may have been their one year they assumed the underdog role and things have been going well for them. Let the NY papers plan the victory parade, I guarantee it'll end badly.

#42 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

Not sure why this would upset any of you guys. The second the Rangers start feeling the hype of being the favorite to win, they've historically let everyone down. I think this may have been their one year they assumed the underdog role and things have been going well for them. Let the NY papers plan the victory parade, I guarantee it'll end badly.

Thing is, in a seven game series, anything can happen. The Rags are dogs for sure, but I wouldn't be shocked if they win it because Lundqvist is so much better than Quick. NYR has had a pretty damn easy road to the cup and LA is far and away the best team they've played. We'll see

#43 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

Some people are underestimating the Kings and their road to the SCF. They faced literally the TOP offensive teams in the league, as well as being just as inept offensively as the Devils in the regular season yet here they are. Quick is due to have at least a good series. If they can get through those teams then they can beat the Rangers who are not as skilled as what the Kings faced. We'll find out soon enough...

#44 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

Lmao. Tough sh!t Jersey Rag fan. http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#45 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

Lmao. Tough sh!t Jersey Rag fan. http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

Haha i just posted this story (but from nj.com) about this crybaby on the Confronting the Nightmare thread.

WWAAAAHHHH!!!!

#46 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

I don't blame him for being pissed off, but he's a Ranger fan. From NJ. So fvck him double.
Knowing how things work though, someone will probably give this sh!t-stain tickets because they feel bad for him, even though the seller of the original tickets is obviously a fvcking moron.

Edited by MadDog2020, 04 June 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#47 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

I don't blame him for being pissed off, but he's a Ranger fan. From NJ. So fvck him double.

He should know that when something is too good to be true it probably isn't.

Plus he is comparing his incident, which is a listing error, to another one regarding World Series tickets which was caused by fake tickets.  Stubhub had to make good on the fake ticket.  Here it's just a mistake on the part of the seller so should they completely screw the seller for a typo to appease the buyer?  Stubhub already offered him $300 and he is still being a baby about it.

But yeah a Rags fan living in NJ is useless.

#48 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

Knowing how things work though, someone will probably give this sh!t-stain tickets because they feel bad for him, even though the seller of the original tickets is obviously a fvcking moron.

Meh, that one's on the seller.  Seller fvcked up. 

That being said, the buyer should've known something was up and this was likely way too good to be true, but all the seller had to do was make sure he had his numbers right...a little proof-reading goes a long way.  I would make damned sure everything was correct before putting up tickets like that.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 04 June 2014 - 12:03 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#49 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

Dude made $300 out of this situation, he should shut the fvck up and go about his Jersey lifestyle.

#50 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

And then there's this: http://m.bleacherrep...?is_shared=true
Lmfao.

#51 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

And then there's this: http://m.bleacherrep...?is_shared=true
Lmfao.

A PUCK COMMEMORATING ON TIME BUDGETS OH MY GOD GO KINGS THE CA GOVERNMENT NEEDS IT 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#52 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Meh, that one's on the seller.  Seller fvcked up. 

That being said, the buyer should've known something was up and this was likely way too good to be true, but all the seller had to do was make sure he had his numbers right...a little proof-reading goes a long way.  I would make damned sure everything was correct before putting up tickets like that.

It's at least better than what eBay does in this situation which is take the buyer's side 100% of the time and screw the seller no matter what.

#53 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

10390355_10202114679523926_8910202333600
Even these guys have jumped on the bandwagons...

#54 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

https://www.facebook...&type=2

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#55 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

pretty funny....who say's the west coast doesnt have a sense of humor !

#56 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,843 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

I finally got around to doing a Stanley Cup Preview. If you want, you can read up. Just broke down match-ups, etc. I'm not that nervous. Just the usual anxiety. See ya after it's over.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#57 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

I finally got around to doing a Stanley Cup Preview. If you want, you can read up. Just broke down match-ups, etc. I'm not that nervous. Just the usual anxiety. See ya after it's over.

Instead of chickening out and not give a prediction just swallow your rangers pride and say kings in six based on your evaluation.

#58 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

Nbc is comparing the 94 rangers to this years team, replaying the matau goal.

One of my friends whose a rangers fan put on facebook "watching the replay of the final seconds of the 94 and the presentation of the cup still gives him goosebumps". I really hope this series ends quickly with the queens team going home losers

#59 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

No doc tonight. Death in the family. Uh oh

#60 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

Condolences to Doc. Kenny Albert does a good job, I like him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users