833 replies to this topic

#801 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

Oh and the other quickly stylish thing for Rags fans to say today is 'DUUUUUH, it was five games but everyone knows it was closa den dat'. fvck off. You got housed in 5 and were outshout 750-3 in 3rd periods. You got beat the fvck down by a superior team. Your little run was a fluke built on facing back-up goaltenders and Boston losing. Know your role and shut your hole.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#802 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

The 21st Century - where we celebrate second place.

#803 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

450586228.0.jpg

#804 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

who's putting that last piece of the cup puzzle in the Rag's locker room.........NOBODY !!!!!!!!

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#805 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

A Rag fan just proposed Nash for Clarkson on WFAN. Lmao.

#806 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

I couldn't be prouder of my team. They showed tremendous heart and gave the Kings all they wanted. Outside of Game 3, every game was decided by a goal with all three in LA needing sudden death. The difference was the Kings' size and talent. They got stronger every third period and were dominant. However, two of those overtimes easily could've gone to the Rangers. Quick got a post and a big stop on Kreider in Game 2, which ultimately was the game that cost them any realistic chance. It's one they should've won regardless of the controversial non-call on King. The Kings benefited from a couple of calls including a horrible one on Zuccarello. But that's what great teams do. Take advantage. They probably would've tied it anyway due to Vigneault's coaching mishaps. The third periods were a travesty. He got outcoached by Sutter, who did a great job mixing his lines and adjusting.

There's no shame in losing to the best team who all postseason fought back and showed the kind of resiliency befitting of a champion. I can't recall a team like this one. From their historic comeback against the Sharks to the rally from 3-2 down against the Ducks to the way they battled back in an epic Game 7 at Chicago, these Kings are Stanley Cup Kings. They had to dig deep to pull it off and beat the best goalie in the sport. Even people here have to admit that. Henrik never has to answer another question. He took a flawed team as far as they could go without the benefit of a top line center or scorer (Nash?)  and only one legit All-Star defenseman. In the past, I critiqued Lundqvist as much as anyone. Not anymore. He's a King in my book. From the way he plays to the way he handles questions. A class act.

I don't feel bad. This isn't 2012. I took that loss much harder. This was an awesome ride. I never thought we'd ever experience a Conference Final clincher reaching the Cup full of memories I'll have forever. I never pictured going to a Stanley Cup game even though it happened to be the Game 3 snooze fest. It was still great. Today, I have more of an appreciation and reflect more positively moving forward. When you say the Rangers can't, I say they can. It'll be awfully hard to get back. With the right moves, I believe they will.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#807 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,276 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

A Rag fan just proposed Nash for Clarkson on WFAN. Lmao.

That would make a lot more sense if Nash was on the Leafs and Clarkson on the Rangers, the Leafs don't exactly need another charmin talented player and the Rangers already have good third-fourth liners that aren't getting paid a king's ransom.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#808 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

On msg they are showing inside the playoffs of something like that.

#809 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

On msg they are showing inside the playoffs of something like that.

well this has been the greatest playoff run in this area since 1994  :giggle:

#810 landofvanilla

landofvanilla

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

#811 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:28 AM

45151099.jpg

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#812 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

“This series was probably — I don’t want to say the easiest, but the least physical, demanding without a doubt. All the other series were more physical, they were tougher on the body. It was still a good series, but the other ones were tougher,” said Doughty.

via Puckdaddy
In other words, Drew Doughty is saying what we all already knew: the Rags are a fvcking pansy team.

#813 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

“This series was probably — I don’t want to say the easiest, but the least physical, demanding without a doubt. All the other series were more physical, they were tougher on the body. It was still a good series, but the other ones were tougher,” said Doughty.

via Puckdaddy
In other words, Drew Doughty is saying what we all already knew: the Rags are a fvcking pansy team.

This is impulse. He had to say something, just in case anyone got the crazy idea that this was #1 vs. #2 playing for the title. i.e. He is saying that the Sharks, Ducks, and Blackhawks are all better than the Rangers and that the West is better than the East.  This is like when Richard Sherman said that the Broncos were not the 2nd best team after the Seahawks' SB victory and that the 49ers were instead.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#814 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

The best thing about that quote is that it should piss off Rag fans and get them all butthurt, since they run to tell anyone who will listen to them how 'close' a series it was and how LA wasn't THAT much better. Lmfao.

#815 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

I've just heard this little tid-bit of info.  Drew Doughty joins a legendary list players who have won at least 2 Gold Medals and 2 Stanley Cups.  The 8th player to do so.  Others on that list, Marty Brodeur, Scott Niedermayer, John Toews, Duncan Keith, Peter Forsberg, Slava Fetisov and Igor Larianov.  Quite nice company if I do say so myself. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#816 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

The best thing about that quote is that it should piss off Rag fans and get them all butthurt, since they run to tell anyone who will listen to them how 'close' a series it was and how LA wasn't THAT much better. Lmfao.

Not really. What he said was true. They're not a big physical team and don't boast the firepower the Kings faced in the other 3 rounds. But to say the series wasn't close doesn't make much sense.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#817 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

When the Sharks faced the Kings, a lot of people knew these could be two of the top 3 teams in the league facing each other. There were two potential WCF in the 1st round. Maybe some Rangers fans get insulted but the West is a lot better than the East, and the Kings went through the gauntlet to get to the Finals. The Rangers were a pleasant surprise for them. Don't think what Doughty is saying is insulting at all.

I think 3 teams and fanbases should all be left shaking their head saying what if: The Sharks, The Bruins and The Blackhawks.

Edited by devilsrule33, 15 June 2014 - 02:34 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#818 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

I enjoyed watching the playoffs in the West this year...they were all good games

#819 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

I've just heard this little tid-bit of info.  Drew Doughty joins a legendary list players who have won at least 2 Gold Medals and 2 Stanley Cups.  The 8th player to do so.  Others on that list, Marty Brodeur, Scott Niedermayer, John Toews, Duncan Keith, Peter Forsberg, Slava Fetisov and Igor Larianov.  Quite nice company if I do say so myself. 

Four of them former Devils.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#820 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

When the Sharks faced the Kings, a lot of people knew these could be two of the top 3 teams in the league facing each other. There were two potential WCF in the 1st round. Maybe some Rangers fans get insulted but the West is a lot better than the East, and the Kings went through the gauntlet to get to the Finals. The Rangers were a pleasant surprise for them. Don't think what Doughty is saying is insulting at all.

I think 3 teams and fanbases should all be left shaking their head saying what if: The Sharks, The Bruins and The Blackhawks.

Yea this. This wasn't a shot at the Rangers, Doughty was speaking off the cuff and giving the Kings' opponents in the West their due. I thought it was the honorable thing to do. Especially as a Niners fan I can relate. It was a nice gesture when after the SB, Sherman gave us props. In a way it was honor amongst enemies. It wasn't a shot at the Broncos, it was just kind of...well...the truth, just as in this case.

Four of them former Devils.

Woah now, Marty ain't no 'former Devil' just yet. :P

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users