833 replies to this topic

#141 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

Front page of Yahoo right now has a photo of Tom Brady as the guy who scored the game winner for tonight.

#142 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

Thank god for Girardi. Kings needed to hold onto home ice.

Can't believe LA didn't score in that 3rd period. SOG were 18-3

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#143 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,188 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

Rags had no sustained offense from late in the 2nd on. Only the occasional cherry pick by Hagelin

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#144 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

If LA can win the next game, I will feel loads better.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#145 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

Thank god for Girardi. Kings needed to hold onto home ice.

Can't believe LA didn't score in that 3rd period. SOG were 18-3

cant believe some of the lucky bounces the rags got

how long is their luck gonna last.......yeah they lost tonight, but it shouldve been a laugh-er after 3 periods

#146 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

Much like they've been doing these entire playoffs, the Kings find ways to complicate their own lives (that's why I'm not counting on a sweep or even a 5 game series, more like LA in 6). And much like these playoffs, when the time comes, the BS ends, they start playing hockey and once that happens, there's no match for them. They look like they were born to play those big games.

Sucks it has to be them, but then again, after everything they've done so far this year, I feel even more confident with them in the final than with the Blackhawks.

#147 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:33 AM

That was quite beautiful.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#148 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

Girardi has to feel like a d!ck today.

Edited to add that my iPhone autocorrected "Girardi" to read as "Gerardo".

Am I the only one here old enough to remember that guy?

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=EuB9bckNcOo

Edited by mfitz804, 05 June 2014 - 06:22 AM.

#149 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

Girardi has to feel like a d!ck today.

Edited to add that my iPhone autocorrected "Girardi" to read as "Gerardo".

Am I the only one here old enough to remember that guy?

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=EuB9bckNcOo

Rico Suave, nice.  Also appeared in the original 80s version of "Can't Buy Me Love". 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#150 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,718 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

According to Boomer and Carton, aside from a couple of Ranger mistakes on the Kings' goals, the Rangers 'outplayed the Kings and would've won'. Lmfao. I guess they missed the middle of the second period on.

Edited by MadDog2020, 05 June 2014 - 06:38 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#151 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

I'm really impressed with Carl Hagelin if anybody from the Rangers.  That kid can skate.  He burned the Kings defense multiple times and almost did it again with less than a minute to go in the 3rd period.  Huge stop by Quick saved the game

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#152 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

According to Boomer and Carton, aside from a couple of Ranger mistakes on the Kings' goals, the Rangers 'outplayed the Kings and would've won'. Lmfao. I guess they missed the middle of the second period on.

I thought the Rangers played well in the first period for sure and did a solid job applying pressure (and the Kings definitely got some breaks in that period), but the game swung in the Kings' favor pretty heavily as the game went on.  Not sure what Boomer and Carton were watching. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#153 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,718 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

Carton said it was a 'gift win' for the Kings. You can't make this up.

#154 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

Hey, ranger fans, don't forget your 94 rangers lost game 1 in overtime too and you know how that ended up! (this line by happy homer bruce beck & nj.com).  Local coverage makes me barf!  LGK!

#155 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,718 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:39 AM

Yeah Boomer and Carton mentioned that too eldon lol. The NY media is incapable of talking about the Rangers without mentioning 94.

#156 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:54 AM

Yeah Boomer and Carton mentioned that too eldon lol. The NY media is incapable of talking about the Rangers without mentioning 94.

Heard Boomer telling Carton that.  I have never seen professional sports writers decide to throw away all their professionalism and experience of watching the sport and go with the Rags on this all because they have "destiny" on their side.  If they predict any other series in the NHL or any series in any sport based on what is basically them having a "gut feeling" then they would be ridiculed for it.

But nope, believing in "gut feeling" and "destiny" is A-OK now with the NY sports media now that the Rags are in the finals.

#157 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,718 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

Mike Keenan is on with them now, another 94 circle-jerk incoming lmao.

#158 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

I'm really impressed with Carl Hagelin if anybody from the Rangers.  That kid can skate.  He burned the Kings defense multiple times and almost did it again with less than a minute to go in the 3rd period.  Huge stop by Quick saved the game

Yes and no. Carl Hagelin's role on the team is pretty much limited to Kovalchuk's role when he was a penalty killer. Force the brain fart or error, go on the breakaway. It's opportunism, and that's fine. But the Rangers don't expect that to be their gameplan every game, do they? Can't help but think the Kings take this extra day off (2 days until next game) and come out on Saturday and tighten up those mistakes they were making at the blueline. That absolutely cannot be how Rangers win a game in 2014, or a series; nothing but crossing your fingers in your zone and counterattack hockey?

#159 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,516 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:26 AM

Nice win, LA seems focussed on playing a ags looked tired inthe thirdmore complete game in game 2.  Rags should have stolen that game, up 2-0, but clearly the Kings sizae mattered and the Rags looked tired inthe 3rd

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#160 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

cant believe some of the lucky bounces the rags got

how long is their luck gonna last.......yeah they lost tonight, but it shouldve been a laugh-er after 3 periods

thats what I kept cursing till my wife told me to shut up, every Fn bounce found a rags stick. I was waiting for another fluke ranger goal in OT

btw anyone else think nash looked clueless??

Edited by EdgeControl, 05 June 2014 - 08:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users