102 replies to this topic

#41 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

love zid's offense, hate his defense. though i hate salvador's everything so hope we lose his useless dead weight.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#42 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

Does Larsson have to pass through waivers to start in Albany next season?

#43 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

If you want to take Lou speak at face value, he said that he absolutely wants Fayne back. I hope he's serious and that it happens in the next couple of weeks. At that point you know there are going to be at least two transactions involving defensemen, which will make draft day and the opening of free agency quite entertaining.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does Larsson have to pass through waivers to start in Albany next season?

Yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#44 William D'Aquila

William D'Aquila

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

DO IT LOU GET ME JVR

#45 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

Drives me crazy on defense.  But this team was so pathetic on offense..glad he's back.

Bring Fayne back, please lose one/both of 28 and 24 Lou.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#46 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

DO IT LOU GET ME JVR

............why in the world would toronto trade him? 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#47 William D'Aquila

William D'Aquila

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:35 PM

Because Toronto's D is terrible, and I would deal Andy Greene in an effort to get him.

#48 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

If Lou resigns Fayne, some of our D is getting traded I dont know if it's Greene but he's a free agent after next season and might command some big bucks

I'm thinking one of the young D-men will be shipped out for some forward help

#49 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:13 PM

Boston has 6 D signed for next year and 2 RFA D that they will likely re-sign.  I don't see a fit for Fayne there.

Is this a bet?  Sure sounds like it to me.  The Kings have both Mitchell and Regehr as well as Matt Greene - they went out and got Regehr despite already having those two.  The Devils have always had at least one of these types of D, usually 2, and I don't see that changing.

what's the bet? that both anton and sal won't be here? i don't think that happens and that's not what i was saying. you were making it like the team needs to go out and sign a "snot" guy for when sal and anton are both gone in 1-2 years. i couldn't tell if you think that's going to happen this offseason.

if the bet is - will the devils sign a UFA defenseman that isn't mark fayne this offseason, i will absolutely make that bet that they will not.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#50 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,872 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:03 AM

This is Hasan's post on Zidlicky returning and the Devils blueline picture.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#51 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:18 AM

Because Toronto's D is terrible, and I would deal Andy Greene in an effort to get him.

What the hell is the matter with you. You're talking about bringing in a NJ native who grew up a Rangers fan? I wouldn't trade a pint of Hammonton blueberries for him. He can rot cupless in Toronto.

Fayne certainly has to come back. Dump Sal, trade gelinas, let harrold clean the urinals.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#52 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

What the hell is the matter with you. You're talking about bringing in a NJ native who grew up a Rangers fan? I wouldn't trade a pint of Hammonton blueberries for him. He can rot cupless in Toronto.

Fayne certainly has to come back. Dump Sal, trade gelinas, let harrold clean the urinals.

I agree, you don't want a player who doesn't want to be here.  If we're going to trade a defenseman, I'd rather it be Gelinas or Severson.  I love having this pipeline full of talented young defensemen. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#53 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

Edit: Nevermind, had my facts wrong... Regardless, I would love JVR on this team.

Edited by DJ Eco, 04 June 2014 - 08:14 AM.

#54 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

Who thinks JVR likes being a Maple Leaf?

maybe the Devils arent his favorite team, but wouldnt mind coming "home" to NJ

#55 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

If you want to take Lou speak at face value, he said that he absolutely wants Fayne back.

I remember a couple years ago, Lou was a huuuuuge Fayne fan. I didn't really get it at the time, but he gave his vocal vote of confidence pretty clearly. I think Fayne told Gulitti something like, Lou told him it was okay to buy a house (or apartment) because he was in the long-term plans here. I'll be shocked if Fayne isn't re-signed, I think he's absolutely an integral part of the D core here and flew under the radar enough to maybe not get too much money on the open UFA market.

#56 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

This is Hasan's post on Zidlicky returning and the Devils blueline picture.

Fayne's agent thinks that Mark isnt in the Devils plans huh?

#57 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

Who thinks JVR likes being a Maple Leaf?

maybe the Devils arent his favorite team, but wouldnt mind coming "home" to NJ

I think we're overthinking it. Hockey's a business and people have no qualms about rivalries or team preferences once a team is paying them 4-5 million. Like you said, being able to come back to NJ and live in a mansion near your family is a good draw, but I don't think JVR's being a Rangers fan as a kid gets in the way (thecoffeecake).

#58 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

I remember a couple years ago, Lou was a huuuuuge Fayne fan. I didn't really get it at the time, but he gave his vocal vote of confidence pretty clearly. I think Fayne told Gulitti something like, Lou told him it was okay to buy a house (or apartment) because he was in the long-term plans here. I'll be shocked if Fayne isn't re-signed, I think he's absolutely an integral part of the D core here and flew under the radar enough to maybe not get too much money on the open UFA market.

yeah Fayne seems very much like a Lou guy, especially with the providence connection. I'd be surprised if Lou just let's him go without trying to make room for him, but that would be hard unless two d that are already signed are moved. Plus I can see Fayne getting a very good deal via ufa and Lou going into full proud father mode and wishing him the best a la clarkson.

#59 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

I think we're overthinking it. Hockey's a business and people have no qualms about rivalries or team preferences once a team is paying them 4-5 million. Like you said, being able to come back to NJ and live in a mansion near your family is a good draw, but I don't think JVR's being a Rangers fan as a kid gets in the way (thecoffeecake).

Just look at the Matteau's when we drafted Stephan...him and his dad put on the Devils gear and were quite happy about it

the chance to play on a good team in a good area with a nice paycheck really changes things!

but this JVR thing is just somebodys wish anyway.

#60 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

trading greene and letting fayne walk is being treated quite nonchalant here lol.  who's stepping into our top "DEFENSIVE PAIRING"????  yeah we have a pipeline, but Im not seeing two better defensive skaters out there yet!

Id rather see merrill and larson as second pairing for another year before turning the reins over, but i guess we dont have that luxury with fayne

Edited by EdgeControl, 04 June 2014 - 08:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users