26 replies to this topic

#21 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

Classless move in Pittsburgh. Dan will most likely end up in Vancouver and turn them back into a winning team.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 06 June 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#22 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

Interesting to see if Rutherford poaches Carolina for a player the likes of Cam Ward to work a 1A - 1B combo with Fleury

I would actually be a great idea I think.  They would compliment each other perfectly.  Fleury can be the workhouse during the regular season and step in when Ward hurts himself, and then Wardo can come in when Fleury chokes in the playoffs.  I figured that picking up Vokoun would solve their 'tending problem for a few years at least because Vokoun is a amazing goalie, albeit old and now dealing with blood clots.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#23 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

As long as Pittsburgh picks up a goalie so that's one less landing spot for Cory, it's fine with me

25smul5.png

#24 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

I would actually be a great idea I think.  They would compliment each other perfectly.  Fleury can be the workhouse during the regular season and step in when Ward hurts himself, and then Wardo can come in when Fleury chokes in the playoffs.  I figured that picking up Vokoun would solve their 'tending problem for a few years at least because Vokoun is a amazing goalie, albeit old and now dealing with blood clots.

they're not gonna pay upwards of 11million for two pretty ok goalies. If you get Ward, it's the end of MAF. And Ron Francis would probably drive him to the airport at 100mph to make sure Pittsburgh didn't change its mind 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#25 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,184 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

they're not gonna pay upwards of 11million for two pretty ok goalies. If you get Ward, it's the end of MAF. And Ron Francis would probably drive him to the airport at 100mph to make sure Pittsburgh didn't change its mind 

The Canes could always flip Ward and other pieces FOR Fleury and whatever just to get the contract off the books and because they have two other goalies that can play, then just buy out Fleury or let him play out his option there.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 June 2014 - 03:36 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#26 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

The only reason Pierre McGuire seems to know what he's talking about is that he is a Master of the obvious.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#27 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

The only reason Pierre McGuire seems to know what he's talking about is that he is a Master of the obvious.

Watch his coverage of the draft and you'll change your tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users