240 replies to this topic

#201 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

yeah when somebody tweets the Devils are in negotiations with Kovi, well thats jumping over some hurdles we would have heard about first

like:

Ilya wants to un-retire and come back to the NHL

or

all 30 GM's approve Kovi back into the league 

then we might hear about negotiations 

Edited by The 29th Pick, 12 June 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#202 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

This is how these dumb rumors spread. This was started by that Dino Costa guy, who has a history of plagiarizing, PLUS he's looking for people to pay $75 a year to listen to his new show. So he throws some garbage out there, then 2 people in a media lounge discuss it, and one of them tweets it, and somehow that makes it seem MORE legit because that guy has a show, so if he hears the SAME rumor (even though it most likely just came from Costa's rumor), it must have some truth to it. Meanwhile, not one reputable source has mentioned it. (TG, McKenzie, etc)

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#203 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

This is how these dumb rumors spread. This was started by that Dino Costa guy, who has a history of plagiarizing, PLUS he's looking for people to pay $75 a year to listen to his new show. So he throws some garbage out there, then 2 people in a media lounge discuss it, and one of them tweets it, and somehow that makes it seem MORE legit because that guy has a show, so if he hears the SAME rumor (even though it most likely just came from Costa's rumor), it must have some truth to it. Meanwhile, not one reputable source has mentioned it. (TG, McKenzie, etc)

The bolded is especially true.

A lot of these "insiders" seem to have shows nowadays and somehow that makes them legit.  Nevermind a lot of them are on the internet (which means anyone can do it) or on satellite radio where they have to fill 24 hours of programming so grab any warm body to speak during the off-hours.

#204 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello said no chance/no discussions of Kovalchuk returning next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#205 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello said no chance/no discussions of Kovalchuk returning next season.

how about the season after that Lou ? hmmmn

#206 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

It's official, he's coming back

#207 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

I wish Sunny Mehta would give us the odds of Kovi returning !

#208 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

whatever hes making now divided by what he was gonna make here minus taxes and incentives

Posted Image

#209 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Stored my Kovalchuk t shirt in the bottom of some stupid never used drawer. Pulled it out today to find a fabric softener sheet tucked inside. What does that tell me? He'll be back, and he'll be fresh.

#210 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

Stored my Kovalchuk t shirt in the bottom of some stupid never used drawer. Pulled it out today to find a fabric softener sheet tucked inside. What does that tell me? He'll be back, and he'll be fresh.

Or that he's washed up.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#211 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

Or that he's washed up.

Ouchie, that's a good one

#212 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

I said it three days ago that this was most likely kovy just getting the pulse of the NHL and devils. Lou's not looking for a loophole but I'm sure he'd be willing to allow kovy back in 2015 at the right price, and I would too.

On the other hand if kovy does play in the khl this year then I'm sure we'll have these same rumors popping up every June for the next 5-6 years lol.

#213 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

:lock:

Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#214 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

:lock:

Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

Number of people who bought into Dino the No-Talent Hack's big "scoop" and signed up to hear his take on it:

ZERO

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#215 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

Dude.  The MAYOR of the NHL was even talking about.  Come on.

You mean to tell me you weren't even slightly buying it?!?!11?

/sarcasm

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#216 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

He'll be free of static cling.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#217 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

that rumor was the most excitement we will see all off season... sh!t maybe even all next season.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#218 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

Get Kovy back + sign Thornton = profit

Posted Image

#219 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

I understand that it's likely never going to happen, but maybe this story about Kovy trying to come back to the NHL has more legs than we initially thought...

http://www.sportsbus...alary-Cap.aspx?

Apparently the KHL has lowered its salary cap from $40.4 million to $32 million for all teams and, more importantly, the cap will apply to all player's salaries as the exemption for guys like Kovy that jumped from the NHL to the KHL has been done away with.  Yes, I know that the KHL makes backroom deals and changes the rules like the wind, but if the league is truly beginning to realize that their model was unsustainable long term and are beginning to correct it by implementing strict salary rules, a team like SKA can't have 1 player take up more than 1/3 of its cap space if it wants to be competitve. 

Posted Image

#220 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

I understand that it's likely never going to happen, but maybe this story about Kovy trying to come back to the NHL has more legs than we initially thought...

http://www.sportsbus...alary-Cap.aspx?

Apparently the KHL has lowered its salary cap from $40.4 million to $32 million for all teams and, more importantly, the cap will apply to all player's salaries as the exemption for guys like Kovy that jumped from the NHL to the KHL has been done away with.  Yes, I know that the KHL makes backroom deals and changes the rules like the wind, but if the league is truly beginning to realize that their model was unsustainable long term and are beginning to correct it by implementing strict salary rules, a team like SKA can't have 1 player take up more than 1/3 of its cap space if it wants to be competitve. 

Going over the cap, according to the article anyway, results in a 20 percent luxury tax.  The owner of SKA apparently treats the team like a toy, and in any event, a 20 percent luxury tax on a $40 -$50 million payroll wouldn't seem to be a huge deterrent. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users