• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

Former New York congressman and New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner will now try his hand at writing a hockey column, BuzzFeed has learned. Weiner will be blogging about the Stanley Cup finals at Business Insider, where he currently contributes a monthly politics column, called “Weiner!”

“I want to prove I can write about right-wingers without insulting anybody,” Weiner told BuzzFeed.

http://www.buzzfeed....usiness-insider

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

I actually liked Weiner. He had a bit of fire to him that a lot of politicians lack. Too bad he was stupid enough to send pics of himself like he did. That was really, really stupid. He also really botched dealing with the PR mess after it came out.

#3 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

I actually liked Weiner. He had a bit of fire to him that a lot of politicians lack. Too bad he was stupid enough to send pics of himself like he did. That was really, really stupid. He also really botched dealing with the PR mess after it came out.

huh? Using his position of power, he sent inappropriate texts and pictures of himself to young women while his wife was pregnant, lied about it, then did it again. If you can actually like him and trust him after that, power to you. 

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#4 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

huh? Using his position of power, he sent inappropriate texts and pictures of himself to young women while his wife was pregnant, lied about it, then did it again. If you can actually like him and trust him after that, power to you. 

I used to work right next door to a local NY newspaper; I had the rare opportunity to meet him in person and hear his unfiltered stance on a number of issues. This paper did very long 1-2 hour interviews of each candidate so I was pretty in tune with all the candidates, and he really stood out. The guy's a very smart and capable politician but an extremely dumb human being. There is a big difference between the two in my opinion, and one doesn't govern the other.

If he weren't so stupid in his personal life, he might've been the best option for mayor, in my opinion. He's extremely smart and in tune with the City. Unfortunately, not so much in tune with his own personal life and family, which killed him in the end.

Edited by DJ Eco, 09 June 2014 - 04:16 PM.

#5 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

I never got why he had to resign after the first scandal. I've seen time and again politicians do worse things in their lives and not have to leave. Sure getting caught after doing it again means the guy has no self control. Its like A-Rod where I never understood the initial over criticism but they continued to do it proving those people right.

#6 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

I never said he wasn't a dick and I even said he's an idiot for what he did. That being said, I absolutely hate the whole holier than thou bullsh!t people push when stuff like this happens. If I was him, I'd want to do it to it too....let me rephrase that, I'd be tempted to do it too. My brain hopefully would stop me, but to make it like lust and sex isn't a normal aspect of human life is ridiculous.

I mean, c'mon, we all love Marty, but what he did to his first wife was kinda not that cool either.

Edit #2: Here's the first second article from him: http://finance.yahoo...-212843361.html

Edited by ATLL765, 09 June 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#7 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

I never said he wasn't a dick and I even said he's an idiot for what he did. That being said, I absolutely hate the whole holier than thou bullsh!t people push when stuff like this happens. If I was him, I'd want to do it to it too....let me rephrase that, I'd be tempted to do it too. My brain hopefully would stop me, but to make it like lust and sex isn't a normal aspect of human life is ridiculous.

I mean, c'mon, we all love Marty, but what he did to his first wife was kinda not that cool either.

Edit #2: Here's the first second article from him: http://finance.yahoo...-212843361.html

By getting wrong he means getting right?

#8 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

By getting wrong he means getting right?

The article is clearly slanted to NY and the Rangers, but I guess you can't really blame him for that.

#9 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

I hope his hand doesn't get stiff while writing.

I hope he exposes some things that are going on behind the scenes.

I'm sure there's a million of these...

I don't have a huge problem with what he did. I take issue with the fact that he exposed his weiner and his name is Weiner. He should have been on high alert that if he got caught doing anything with his Weiner,the media (the Post) would be MERCILESS.

I think he should have known better based solely in his unfortunate name.

Edited by mfitz804, 09 June 2014 - 08:53 PM.

#10 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

Have some backbone, the guy's a creep a deserves no one's respect. It's not being 'holier than thou' to judge a man for sending explicit text messages to young women while your wife is pregnant AND (this is a BIG 'AND') you are a sitting Senator - he then by the way, lied about it, apologized, resigned, and then got caught doing it again a year later. His senatorial office also had one of the biggest turnover rates in congress as his anger issues and a$$hole attitude towards his staff turned everyone off to him. But no, by all means, go ahead and defend him - tell me more about how you would want to do the same thing.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#11 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

Have some backbone, the guy's a creep a deserves no one's respect. It's not being 'holier than thou' to judge a man for sending explicit text messages to young women while your wife is pregnant AND (this is a BIG 'AND') you are a sitting Senator - he then by the way, lied about it, apologized, resigned, and then got caught doing it again a year later. His senatorial office also had one of the biggest turnover rates in congress as his anger issues and a$$hole attitude towards his staff turned everyone off to him. But no, by all means, go ahead and defend him - tell me more about how you would want to do the same thing.

Oh c'mon, most politicians are capable of worse. I wish people in this country were full of the same vitriol as you're showing now, but on the issues that matter, like sending our boys to die in war on a whim, or the backwards corporate/institutional deals they make.

But that's another can of worms!

#12 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,308 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

This should be moved.

#13 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

Weiner was probably the best realistic choice for mayor in the last election cycle.  

With these sorts of scandals, though, I feel the hypocrisy of third parties to be the more interesting story.  Clinton's actions were much more sleezy (if you were the boss of any company that you didn't own, and had an affair with an intern, you'd almost certainly be fired no matter how good you were at your job) but somehow he got a pass from feminists, including, if I recall, Gloria Steinem. 

Maybe it was just that Weiner's dick pics were juvenile and bizarre.

This should be moved.

Yup

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#14 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

What he does in his personal life is his own business. I don't care if he sleeps with every girl that walks in front of him, it still has absolutely no bearing on how I view him as a politician. Again, he's a real a$$hole for doing what he did and incredibly stupid for doing it in a way that could bite him as it did, especially given his unfortunate name, but I still think that he is a very intelligent and passionate person when it comes to politics.

Another example is our prospect, Myles Bell, that was in trouble for the car accident that killed his gf. Does that make him stupid? Yes. Does that mean I don't want him on the team if he can be a useful player? No.

Edited by ATLL765, 10 June 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#15 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

What he does in his personal life is his own business. I don't care if he sleeps with every girl that walks in front of him, it still has absolutely no bearing on how I view him as a politician. Again, he's a real a$$hole for doing what he did and incredibly stupid for doing it in a way that could bite him as it did, especially given his unfortunate name, but I still think that he is a very intelligent and passionate person when it comes to politics.

Another example is our prospect, Myles Bell, that was in trouble for the car accident that killed his gf. Does that make him stupid? Yes. Does that mean I don't want him on the team if he can be a useful player? No.

Apples and Oranges are different fruits - that's all I have to say to your insane example.

Though, I am glad you judge politicians by their rhetoric and not their actions. Lovely.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#16 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

Apples and Oranges are different fruits - that's all I have to say to your insane example.

Though, I am glad you judge politicians by their rhetoric and not their actions. Lovely.

How is it that different? My point was that I can separate a person's personal life from their work. The guy wasn't ever my representative so I could never vote for him. All I said was that he seemed highly intelligent based on some of the things I've heard him speak about and that it's a shame he threw it away by being stupid. He also still didn't really do anything that bad. It's not like he's John Edwards cheating on his terminally ill wife or the guy who was trying to bang dudes in an airport bathroom. He sent some pics and text messages. That was wrong, but on the scale of fvcked up things politicians do, it was a 3 or a 4, not a 9.

Edited by ATLL765, 11 June 2014 - 01:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users