44 replies to this topic

#21 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

If Lundqvist had pads that fit properly, he'd be able to control his rebounds much better. So happy to see they lost on a rebound

#22 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Quick was better.

I don't think so. Quick was good but he wasn't tested nearly as much.

But oh well.

"the Queen is dead long! live the Kings"

#23 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

He was the only reason the rangers had a shot. Have to respect him for that performance..

exactly how i feel..cant even make fun of the guy he played his heart out
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#24 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Trashing on Lundqvist right now just doesn't seem appropriate. The guy left it all out there on the ice and kept his team in the series. I'm sure there were Rags fans who trashed Marty when we lost to the Kings but I don't want to bring myself to that level.

#25 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

"Martinez...It's Over!!!"

Edited by Lateralous, 14 June 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#26 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Lundqvist is a great goalie mechanically, you just have to wonder if the negativity of not winning it all is creeping into his brain, sorta like how the San Jose Sharks feel in the playoffs...they just start thinking "here we go again"

#27 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,269 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:45 AM

If Lundqvist had pads that fit properly, he'd be able to control his rebounds much better. So happy to see they lost on a rebound

He was pretty god controlling rebounds all game. That's a really tough shot to control a rebound for any goalie. Not sure why the hate for Lundqvist is full blast right now. Maybe because he was the only reason the Rangers had a chance of winning the Cup?

I thought the laughter would be saved for Rangers fans and overpaid trash right now in Richards and Girardi. Lundqvist is the real deal, and he'll keep this team competitive for a while.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#28 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

He was pretty god controlling rebounds all game. That's a really tough shot to control a rebound for any goalie. Not sure why the hate for Lundqvist is full blast right now. Maybe because he was the only reason the Rangers had a chance of winning the Cup?

I thought the laughter would be saved for Rangers fans and overpaid trash right now in Richards and Girardi. Lundqvist is the real deal, and he'll keep this team competitive for a while.

I was thinking along the same lines as you originally, then mad dog brought up the stupid lap around the rock he led back in 2008 and it got me going

#29 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

Quick's performance two years ago was the most dominating goaltending performance I can remember in a playoff.  Lundqvist was good but he was lucky, too. There were a ton of loose pucks in his feet that amazingly didn't find their way in.  He was great on their first save but he also made it dangerous with rebounds.

#30 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,289 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

I was thinking along the same lines as you originally, then mad dog brought up the stupid lap around the rock he led back in 2008 and it got me going

I remember that too because I was infuriated. Even Chico was pissed off about it.

fvck the Rangers and fvck Henrik.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 14 June 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#31 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

You gotta be good when it counts...3rd period and in OT

Goalie   1st   2nd  3rd 1OT   2OT     Total  GA     Shots Faced            GAA     Save %

Lundy      3     6     3      1        2             15                 194                     2.43       .923

Quick      5     5     0      0        0              10                 146                    1.62       .932

Edited by The 29th Pick, 14 June 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#32 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

I respect Lundqvist's heart, he's a warrior that hates to lose.
But he'll never be forgiven for 2008. He's seems to have major envy for the the #30 across the river,
And he wears ridiculous pads.

#33 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,590 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

I think it's okay to have a little fun with this.You don't go throwing it in Rangers fans' faces, but here on the Devs' board is the correct venue. So either caption the pic or don't click on the thread.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#34 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,269 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

You gotta be good when it counts...3rd period and in OT

Goalie   1st   2nd  3rd 1OT   2OT     Total  GA     Shots Faced            GAA     Save %

Lundy      3     6     3      1        2             15                 194                     2.43       .923

Quick      5     5     0      0        0              10                 146                    1.62       .932

That shows they were both excellent in the 3rd and OT. GAA is a team stat and not really a goalie stat. Lundqvist faced 52!! more shots in the 3rd and OT.

Quick was awesome as well.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#35 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

I respect Lundqvist's heart, he's a warrior that hates to lose.
But he'll never be forgiven for 2008. He's seems to have major envy for the the #30 across the river,
And he wears ridiculous pads.

The league made him shrink his pads this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel, 14 June 2014 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#36 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

That shows they were both excellent in the 3rd and OT. GAA is a team stat and not really a goalie stat. Lundqvist faced 52!! more shots in the 3rd and OT.

Quick was awesome as well.

Lundy did face a lot of pucks, just like that Advil commercial with the rhino !

#37 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

Does anyone know where to find a video of this incident? SammyK where are you? ;)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#38 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

Simple captions are the best

*DIED*

believe-zubrus.jpg

#39 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:26 AM

DIVE

Posted Image

#40 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

He was the only reason the rangers had a shot. Have to respect him for that performance..

yeah, well considering they seemed to be otherwise betting the farm on St Louis and Nash... the rest played like typical scumbag Rangers

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users