#121 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,046 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

potential to play, no income tax, absolutely makes sense

And its a good team with a chance to win. Tampa has everything Marty claims to be looking for.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#122 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,046 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

According to Erik Erlendsson from the Tampa Tribune (he was on NHL Live earlier), Marty isn't plan A or B for Tampa. More like C or D.

#123 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,997 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

According to Erik Erlendsson from the Tampa Tribune (he was on NHL Live earlier), Marty isn't plan A or B for Tampa. More like C or D.

That makes sense. Bishop is their guy. Pretty sure the Lightning feel comfortable with him. What does Brodeur coming in do for Ben Bishop? Like Ray Ferraro said on radio today:

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke 5h

Ferraro "it's almost ludicrous to say Brodeur will go somewhere and be a mentor. When has he ever been a mentor?"

Is Tampa Bay an ideal spot if Marty gets what he wants...absolutely. But I don't think going there for 20 games is what he wants.

Edited by devilsrule33, 30 June 2014 - 08:02 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#124 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,542 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

I still just don't understand what team wants to create this headache.  Brodeur has a specific number of games in mind he wants to play, and I imagine he wants to play them regardless of how poor he's doing or how well the team is doing.  And clearly he'll go to the press if he's not treated the way he thinks he should be.  What does Marty give you that's worth this?

I will be shocked if he signs tomorrow.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#125 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

I get the feeling that Marty is after only one thing and that's win 700

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#126 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

That makes sense. Bishop is their guy. Pretty sure the Lightning feel comfortable with him. What does Brodeur coming in do for Ben Bishop? Like Ray Ferraro said on radio today:

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 5h
Ferraro "it's almost ludicrous to say Brodeur will go somewhere and be a mentor. When has he ever been a mentor?"

Is Tampa Bay an ideal spot if Marty gets what he wants...absolutely. But I don't think going there for 20 games is what he wants.

Ferraro is an idiot. Brodeur was never a mentor because he was never in the position to be. Last year was probably the only case ever. (Not saying it actually was, but it was the closest thing in 20 years).

Until last year, the organization never cared, bothered, or tried hard to come up with a succession plan to Brodeur. Weekes, Schwab, Vanbiesbrouck, Hedberg, even Clemmensen, etc. Not guys you groom as the future or guys Marty could "mentor".

As an experienced NHLer Ferraro should know better and shut the fvck up because he just looks and sounds dumb.

#127 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

Inside info says he is heavily leaning towards the nice weather and abundant golf courses.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#128 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

Inside info says he is heavily leaning towards the nice weather and abundant golf courses.

That makes sense. I just wonder if Tampa would be leaning towards him
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#129 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,046 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

I wouldn't doubt it... But it takes two to tango.

Edited by MadDog2020, 30 June 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#130 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

I wouldn't doubt it... But it takes two to tango.

For sure... we all know Marty's view of reality doesn't always match reality.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#131 MrBreeze

MrBreeze

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

Awfully quiet on the Marty front. Lots of goalies getting jobs.......Seems like Toronto is one of the few destinations left

NheWHgW.gif

#132 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

Nabokov to Tampa

#133 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

Can't sabotage an eastern team so I hope he lands in Minny

#134 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

@Real_ESPNLeBrun 17m

Hear the Penguins did speak with Brodeur's camp but couldn't make the money work. Signed Greiss instead.

Guess Marty is asking for over 1 Mill

#135 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Just retire Marty. Its over.

#136 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

@Real_ESPNLeBrun 17m
Hear the Penguins did speak with Brodeur's camp but couldn't make the money work. Signed Greiss instead.

Guess Marty is asking for over 1 Mill

Marty is getting a rude awakening right now. Sad to see but it is what it is.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#137 MrBreeze

MrBreeze

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

I dunno, looks like Leafs or retire. When you can't get signed over the legend that is David Leggio,,,,,,,,

djdM8MO.jpg

NheWHgW.gif

#138 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Marty is getting a rude awakening right now. Sad to see but it is what it is.

I wonder if he thought he'd be signed by now, if he thought it'd be quick.

Unfortunately for him I don't think teams really know what he is now...he can't be your #1, but he doesn't have much experience backing up, so who knows if he can do that.  And he's 42.  And probably still looking for some coin. 

Not sure how this ends.  Like the above post says, maybe the Leafs. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#139 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,542 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

I wonder if he thought he'd be signed by now, if he thought it'd be quick.

Unfortunately for him I don't think teams really know what he is now...he can't be your #1, but he doesn't have much experience backing up, so who knows if he can do that.  And he's 42.  And probably still looking for some coin. 

Not sure how this ends.  Like the above post says, maybe the Leafs. 

I don't think Brodeur ever intended to sign Day 1.  I think he wanted to take his time and wait for all the offers to come in, then evaluate them, talk to the GMs, etc.  Now he's under the delusion that there will be lots of teams interested in his services.  Plus he doesn't want to get caught up in the 'frenzy' - there's only a few more opportunities for him to say to the media how exciting free agency is, and to be 'the big name' in free agency.  He'll still generate headlines by his unsignedness. 

St. Louis is still a theoretical landing spot; I forgot about them.  But boy are potential destinations closing out fast.

We'll know tomorrow, I think.  If Brodeur's still giving optimistic interviews, he'll sign somewhere eventually.  If he's not talking to the media at all, his opportunities will have closed up.

Edited by Triumph, 01 July 2014 - 08:19 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#140 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

I think he definitely expected a lot more interest than there's been so far.  Even if he didn't expect to sign on Day 1, I don't think he expected 15 goalies to sign before him.  

Yeah, probably not going to drag out...either Marty will have a new team within the next couple of days or will have to wait for a goalie to get hurt during the season if he insist on trying to hang on.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users