52 replies to this topic

#21 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

I wonder if they're keeping Shorty's Cheesesteaks, those were a pretty good deal and filled me up; good dinner for when I was running late to the game.

#22 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

Regardless, are you going to the game for the game or for the food?

Personally I never eat at the arena but I know there are people who don't have time to grab food before the game and have no choice but to eat at the arena.

#23 dmon2010

dmon2010

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

Those italian sausages were pretty good with a king can of Heineken.  Premio or whatever... Hope they keep them.

#24 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,056 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

The Mucho Nachos- or whatever they'll call nachos now- will hopefully be improved. They went downhill big time.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#25 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,901 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

Personally I never eat at the arena but I know there are people who don't have time to grab food before the game and have no choice but to eat at the arena.

Plus a majority of the sth's get food and beverage cards anyway so of course it'd be nice if the food options were better :lol:

If it wasn't for the f/b card though I wouldn't bother getting much at the arena.  Especially with all the other places to eat nearby, plus I'm fortunate enough that I can eat dinner at home most of time before going to games.  People commuting from the city don't have that luxury.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 23 June 2014 - 03:43 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#26 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,498 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

NJ.COM has more information about the new vendors.  Apparently there will be a Tony Baloney's in there as well

http://www.nj.com/fo...ul_kitchen.html

#27 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

Plus a majority of the sth's get food and beverage cards anyway so of course it'd be nice if the food options were better :lol:

If it wasn't for the f/b card though I wouldn't bother getting much at the arena. Especially with all the other places to eat nearby, plus I'm fortunate enough that I can eat dinner at home most of time before going to games. People commuting from the city don't have that luxury.

I think those cards are going to be scaled back big time moving forward. Those things were basically being given away.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#28 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

They need Kohr's if they want the real boardwalk experience.

Kohr's Brothers?

Kohr's The Original

Or Kohr's Frozen Custard?

#29 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

The real question:  Will this be enough to get Chico out of retirement? :wub:

Lawrd strike me down, I just thought Hmm wonder if they'll have a segment called Dano dr... :mellow:  nevermind

Edited by Pepperkorn, 23 June 2014 - 06:46 PM.

I'm here for the party

#30 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

I hope that cheesesteak stand stays as well, the pork sandwich with broccoli rabe and provolone was actually very decent.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#31 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

The real question:  Will this be enough to get Chico out of retirement? :wub:

Lawrd strike me down, I just thought Hmm wonder if they'll have a segment called Dano dr... :mellow:  nevermind

Dano dreams?  :cheers:

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#32 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,056 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

On Chico Night, there needs to be a special edition of Chico Eats. There absolutely needs to be.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#33 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

All I want out of this is a Surf Taco at the arena. Please.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#34 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

oh wow.. sounds like we are going to be getting real food in the arena for a change.. thats nice to hear and hell..might even be the only thing to look forward to for next season.but something also tells me that with better quality food comes an even higher price tag than what we were already paying to eat in the arena
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#35 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,645 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

Good news. The food at the rock has been underwhelming - especially after it was built up so much.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#36 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

The food selection at the rock is the worst I've ever seen at a major sporting event. Thank god they're changing it

#37 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

i always liked the chicken tenders and fries at the caa as a kid. i hope they get rid of the "nathan's inspired" fries or whatever it is they have at the rock - they are so gross and mushy and often not even cooked thoroughly. i remember how exciting the whole taste of newark thing was going to be with centerplate (or was it someone else who had that deal? i just remember a lot of sh!t going down with jimmy buff's when aramark came in and did knockoffs of all the other taste of newark stands), but everything was just bland. overpriced cardboard. i wonder how this will affect pricing and wait times overall - and yeah i know it SHOULDNT be the objective to EAT at the arena when you're going to see a game but when you're trying to pimp out a world class arena you SHOULD have somewhat decent food i'd think. this should be a nice experiment. hope it doesn't fail, it would be nice to see some of the amenities start to match up with the arena itself.

Edited by Weekes Head, 24 June 2014 - 07:04 AM.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#38 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,498 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

I find it pretty funny to read people saying on here, other forums, FB and twitter something to the effect of "who cares about the food, they should concentrate on the on-ice product!"

Yet at the same time many of these same people were whining about the "game-day atmosphere" being "ruined" by these owners when they made changes such as the goal song. SMH

Anyways about Tastes of Newark:  That place was good when they had the different local vendors but I'll have to admit I didn't really feel bad for Jimmy Buff's.  Over the past decade or so they have been their own worst enemy as their quality has gone down and now other places make their Jersey Hot Dog better than them.  Hell I thought the corporate replacement for their hot dog stand did a better job at making their own hot dogs than when Jimmy Buff's ran it.

#39 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

I find it pretty funny to read people saying on here, other forums, FB and twitter something to the effect of "who cares about the food, they should concentrate on the on-ice product!"

Yet at the same time many of these same people were whining about the "game-day atmosphere" being "ruined" by these owners when they made changes such as the goal song. SMH

Anyways about Tastes of Newark:  That place was good when they had the different local vendors but I'll have to admit I didn't really feel bad for Jimmy Buff's.  Over the past decade or so they have been their own worst enemy as their quality has gone down and now other places make their Jersey Hot Dog better than them.  Hell I thought the corporate replacement for their hot dog stand did a better job at making their own hot dogs than when Jimmy Buff's ran it.

Totally agree and I was just thinking this.. One of the biggest pieces of feedback the Devils new management received was about food quality, but once they move to improve it, folks are off to the next complaint.. Unbelievable.. And how stupid is it to think that this has any affect whatsoever on the team's operations? Lou handles that, and a whole swath of other people were hired specifically for Prudential Center management

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#40 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,498 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

Totally agree and I was just thinking this.. One of the biggest pieces of feedback the Devils new management received was about food quality, but once they move to improve it, folks are off to the next complaint.. Unbelievable.. And how stupid is it to think that this has any affect whatsoever on the team's operations? Lou handles that, and a whole swath of other people were hired specifically for Prudential Center management

I hate to say this, but a lot of it goes back to the goal song.  Up until then most fans were happy that their team were not on the constant brink of bankruptcy but were somewhat cautious as to their plans for the Devils (and rightfully so).  However, ever since they changed the goal song a lot of the fans are really stuck in the mindset that whatever these owners do from then on they can't do it right and I think that is unfair.

However it does seem like there are fewer and fewer who are thinking that way but they still seem to be very vocal on social media.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users