94 replies to this topic

#61 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,924 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

Our prospects are already overrated by the fans too. and i'd be really surprise if any of our youngsters become better than Sutter or Weber. 

Well that was not the point either. The forwards we're not skilled and scoring enough.

Lou seems  to always want to get the average guy who does everything good but not great. which you know its fine. You need those kind of guys to play in a system like NJ. But what do you get from that? a team playing "well" controlling the play and not making many mistakes so you feel they dominate the game... but can't score to save their lives cause they dont have enough skills. Pretty hard to argue that this is not what we saw last few years

The key is that we also saw it with Kovalchuk, so let's not go crying tears over his departure.  He didn't help out the scoring really at all when he was here.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#62 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,520 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

too old for my liking,

I want players in the 20 to 28 range

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#63 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,175 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

The key is that we also saw it with Kovalchuk, so let's not go crying tears over his departure.  He didn't help out the scoring really at all when he was here.

LOL oh come on. He was our leading scorer even in the playoffs, played through a bad back and still led the team, he made fvcking Volchenkov score twice. I can remember many many many many great plays that he did to create scoring chances and goals. he was doing things that no other devils could to. Went above 30 goals almost every years. But sure, he was not helping scoring ur right

go ahead, throw some 5on5 stats to my face to try to justify what you said now, ignoring a bunch of factors.

i get people dont want to give him credits now but its ridiculous.

Edited by SterioDesign, 25 June 2014 - 02:24 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#64 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

LOL oh come on. He was our leading scorer even in the playoffs, played through a bad back and still led the team, he made fvcking Volchenkov score twice. I can remember many many many many great plays that he did to create scoring chances and goals. he was doing things that no other devils could to. Went above 30 goals almost every years. But sure, he was not helping scoring ur right

go ahead, throw some 5on5 stats to my face to try to justify what you said now, ignoring a bunch of factors.

i get people dont want to give him credits now but its ridiculous.

Wait a minute, is this the same Kovalchuk that couldn't break 20 goals in an inferior league?

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#65 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

I find most of your posts to be positive contributions to the overall discussion, but you're taking a piss on this one. Kovalchuk being on the ice caused opposing players to respect him therefore opening up scoring opportunities for other players that were on the ice.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#66 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,175 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

Wait a minute, is this the same Kovalchuk that couldn't break 20 goals in an inferior league?

That league is really different, not as much scoring. When they played at the same time Malkin only scored 5 more goals than Kovy during the lockout and Malkin had one more game than Kovy. Radulov was the TOP SCORER of the league with  25 goals. and they dont play as much games. So the 20 goals mark that we're used too which is like scoring in 25% of the games is not the same in the KHL. They only play 50something games... so get your facts right before trying to make sarcastic comments lol

And again, here it's about a guy who says Kovalchuk wouldnt help the scoring in NJ. With Kovalchuk this year we may have made the playoffs, especially since he can clearly score in shootouts as we saw at the olympics

Edited by SterioDesign, 25 June 2014 - 03:05 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#67 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

2011-2012 Kovalchuk was a great player. He was exposed with Maclean, did well with Lemaire, and did awful after his back injury on the lockout season. Every year was unique but when he had the pieces around him and he was healthy he was a great player that one season.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#68 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,753 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

That league is really different, not as much scoring. When they played at the same time Malkin only scored 5 more goals than Kovy during the lockout and Malkin had one more game than Kovy. Radulov was the TOP SCORER of the league with  25 goals. and they dont play as much games. So the 20 goals mark that we're used too which is like scoring in 25% of the games is not the same in the KHL. They only play 50something games... so get your facts right before trying to make sarcastic comments lol

And again, here it's about a guy who says Kovalchuk wouldnt help the scoring in NJ. With Kovalchuk this year we may have made the playoffs, especially since he can clearly score in shootouts as we saw at the olympics

Awesome former NHLers like Nigel Dawes (26 goals), Brandon Bochemski (28 goals...he's scored 97 goals in 191 career KHL games), and Marcel Hossa (22 goals) are finding ways to score out there. 

I think if he ever came back here (thank God he's not), he'd be pretty disappointing.  Think 25 goals or so, 50-60 points and enough gaffes that it'd probably close to 2010-11 all over again.  He's just not what he was. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#69 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

Awesome former NHLers like Nigel Dawes (26 goals), Brandon Bochemski (28 goals...he's scored 97 goals in 191 career KHL games), and Marcel Hossa (22 goals) are finding ways to score out there.

I think if he ever came back here (thank God he's not), he'd be pretty disappointing. Think 25 goals or so, 50-60 points and enough gaffes that it'd probably close to 2010-11 all over again. He's just not what he was.

That's about what Jagr scored when he was in the KHL, so I don't know how well the stats translate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#70 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

It's obvious this thread is no longer about Patrick Sharp. Can a mod please lock it so we can begin consolidating UFA and trade threads?

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#71 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,175 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

what you guys have to understand here. You guys sound like a fat ugly nerd kid who never even touched a girl saying he wouldnt want some chick cause she has a longer 2nd toe. We're not really in a position to be nitpicking about skilled goal scorers.

Edited by SterioDesign, 25 June 2014 - 03:33 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#72 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

what you guys have to understand here. You guys sound like a fat ugly nerd kid who never even touched a girl saying he wouldnt want some chick cause she has a longer 2nd toe. We're not really in a position to be nitpicking about skilled goal scorers.

I have a longer 2nd toe on my left foot. fvck that!

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#73 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Very funny Sterio.  The point still remains that it is an inferior league and is seen as such. 

http://www.stevedang...-the-difference

Kovalchuk is the female that banged all your friends while your dating and then leaves you for that fat ugly nerd kid.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#74 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

Keep in mind Kovy only played 45 games last season in the KHL.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#75 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

The rest of us don't live in a vacuum like you do.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#76 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,175 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

The rest of us don't live in a vacuum like you do.

on the contrary im not a homer who drinks Lou's kool aid closing my eyes on stuff and only seeing what i want to see. 

www.SterioDesign.com

#77 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

You make a lot of dating analogies. Yeah, Kovy is the girl that has a history of leaving you high and dry while demanding expensive jewelery.

But anyway, an older, more-injured, declining Kovalchuk probably wouldn't be worth the headache. The defense and goaltending are solid and now it's time to see what can be had through the free agency interview window, draft, and draft day trades.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#78 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,175 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

you guys can twist what im saying as much as you guys want... fact remains that we finished almost last in scoring... and we're here bashing a guy who's been a proven scorer on this team and acting like he wouldnt be any help. Thats ridiculous.

www.SterioDesign.com

#79 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Ok enough of the Kovalchuk garbage, it isn't happening this year okay? Move on already. Lou said he'd try and get scoring, just chill the fvck out and see what he does. I'm tired of the constant moaning and groaning about everything. Some of you wouldn't do well rooting for a franchise that's ACTUALLY sh!tty, I don't see this much bitching on the fvcking Dolphins board.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#80 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

....so I would go after Chad Johnson :P

Edit: crap, thought I was in the backup goalie thread, this thread is a disaster!

Edited by Zubie#8, 25 June 2014 - 05:23 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users