94 replies to this topic

#81 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

@MarkLazerus: Patrick Sharp's agent, Rick Curran, says that Stan Bowman has assured him that Sharp will NOT be traded. #Blackhawks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#82 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

I'd take 5 years on sharp, that shot will hold up. as someone said, send ryder in a package.  I'd also love me some Hossa ,very good player

as far as kovy goes, i was a big fan of his early game, powerful skater, but his departure is the best thing that could have happened with is old body and long contract.... lets move on

#83 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

To expand on the Mark Lazerus tweet above:

Quotes from Patrick Sharp's agent, Rick Curran:

http://www.suntimes....ml#.U6wT5fldWSp

“There’s no truth to any rumor that Patrick Sharp is available to trade,” Curran told the Sun-Times. “He absolutely is not available. I had a meeting with Stan Bowman a week ago to ask him what was going to happen. He said, ‘I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I can tell you that Patrick Sharp is not available right now.’ When the Sportsnet guy, Nick Kypreos, erroneously made a statement and everyone went crazy, I called Stan again. I asked, ‘Has anything changed?’ He said, ‘absolutely not.’ He’s full of [expletive].”

“Stan Bowman said he’s the last guy that would be traded,” Curran said. “As far as I’m concerned, the whole thing’s a fabrication from a puke out of Toronto trying to make headlines, an absolutely, completely irresponsible report, based on absolutely nothing other than his own whim or fancy.”

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 26 June 2014 - 02:40 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#84 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

To expand on the Mark Lazerus tweet above:

Quotes from Patrick Sharp's agent, Rick Curran:

http://www.suntimes....ml#.U6wT5fldWSp

haha tore him to shreds.

watch he'll get dealt tomorrow

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#85 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

I wonder if TSN dumps Kypreos eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#86 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,669 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

I wonder if TSN dumps Kypreos eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another dipsh!t 94 Rags alumnus who has been masquerading as a reporter for years.

#87 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

The Hawks look fine to me capwise keeping everyone. Toews and Kane are going to get around 4m each in raises and the will get that in the cap increases. They need a few fringe players to round out the roster but they seem fine to me.

Edited by squishyx, 26 June 2014 - 04:03 PM.

#88 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

The Hawks look fine to me capwise keeping everyone. Toews and Kane are going to get around 4m each in raises and the will get that in the cap increases. They need a few fringe players to round out the roster but they seem fine to me.

It's not just them. Saad is getting a raise the same year. Tevo after that. Seabrook's deal is up in two years. My numbers were a bit off, but per capgeek, assuming they both get $10 million, they'll have an average of $1.2 million for 8 roster spots, assuming the cap is at $76 million.

Something has to give.

Posted Image

#89 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

Kypreos has spewed a lot of garbage the past few years, don't know how he's still in a job.

#90 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

It's not just them. Saad is getting a raise the same year. Tevo after that. Seabrook's deal is up in two years. My numbers were a bit off, but per capgeek, assuming they both get $10 million, they'll have an average of $1.2 million for 8 roster spots, assuming the cap is at $76 million.

Something has to give.

I still see plenty of room. Teravainen? signed for 3 more years. Seabrook will be 31 when his deal ends, I can't seem him making much more then his 5.8 as it stands. Could they lose Saad? eh maybe, but I wouldn't lose Sharp, Kane, or Toews over him.

1.2m for 8 players isn't too bad when you consider half will get 2.5m and the other half 1/2m. They just need depth players in 2 years, not stars.

#91 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

Why is this still being bumped when the GM of the team said he wasn't being dealt?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#92 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,427 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

I still see plenty of room. Teravainen? signed for 3 more years. Seabrook will be 31 when his deal ends, I can't seem him making much more then his 5.8 as it stands. Could they lose Saad? eh maybe, but I wouldn't lose Sharp, Kane, or Toews over him.

1.2m for 8 players isn't too bad when you consider half will get 2.5m and the other half 1/2m. They just need depth players in 2 years, not stars.

Who do you see getting paid NHL minimum these days?  Almost no one.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#93 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Who do you see getting paid NHL minimum these days?  Almost no one.

About 150 players have contracts between 550k and 650k. A lot of two way contracts? sure, who cares. The hawks don't need top tier talent, they need warm bodies to make up their 4th line for 5 minutes a game.

#94 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,427 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:57 PM

About 150 players have contracts between 550k and 650k. A lot of two way contracts? sure, who cares. The hawks don't need top tier talent, they need warm bodies to make up their 4th line for 5 minutes a game.

Almost none of those players play regularly in the NHL.  Most NHL veterans receive about $1M as a minimum these days.  So sure, if you want to pay 3 minor leaguers to play on your 4th line, you can do it, but I don't think Chicago will do that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#95 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

Almost none of those players play regularly in the NHL.  Most NHL veterans receive about $1M as a minimum these days.  So sure, if you want to pay 3 minor leaguers to play on your 4th line, you can do it, but I don't think Chicago will do that.

We pretty much do that. Oh yeah, I forgot, Chicago is actually a good team.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users