924 replies to this topic

#21 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

Do you like Clowe's contract? If not, then you would not have loved Callahan in NJ

Not the same at all. They're both power forwards, that's about all you can say.

I'd gladly give Cally 6 mil. But that's a moot point now.

#22 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,721 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie:
Jason Spezza trade talk heating up. OTT in conversation with 4 teams, three in the West and one in the East.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#23 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

I think the 'winning in Tampa isn't the same as winning in NY' was certainly implied. The arrogance of Ranger fans is amazing with their 1 Cup in 74 years.

Well, technically they are right because when you win in New York IT WILL LAST A LIFETIME, BABAY!!! That being said, I wonder when Tampa's 10 year cup anniversary box set comes out.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#24 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie:
Jason Spezza trade talk heating up. OTT in conversation with 4 teams, three in the West and one in the East.

Ducks, Blues, Stars and Panthers is my guess.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#25 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

They're ripping Callahan for signing for less money than the Rags offered on Boomer and Carton, saying he's 'irrelevant' now that he's no longer in NY. This is the attitude that permeates from a$$holes from NY who are Ranger fans. And this is why that franchise doesn't deserve to win dick. I guess Marty St. Louis was completely irrelevant before he came to NY...

That's part of our fan base. Idiotic. Anyone who complains about what Callahan got obviously never appreciated him. The trade resulted in their first SCF in 20 years. You can't have it both ways. Cally's contract is tax free. I wouldn't have given him the sixth year. But he's a perfect fit for that team. Tampa will be heard from.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#26 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

Tampa's going to be good for a long while, as long as Bishop keeps giving them solid seasons in goal. Their forward group looks mighty nice right now: Stamkos, Callahan, Drouin, Filppula, Purcell, Palat, Killorn, Johnson, Kucherov

Edited by Brandon, 25 June 2014 - 12:25 PM.

25smul5.png

#27 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,721 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider:
Kings, Gaborik agree on a seven-year contract extension.
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun:

I believe that Gaborik's 7-yr deal is worth around $4.9 M or $5 M a year. I am working to confirm.

#28 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:50 PM

Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider:
Kings, Gaborik agree on a seven-year contract extension.
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun:

I believe that Gaborik's 7-yr deal is worth around $4.9 M or $5 M a year. I am working to confirm.

Gaborik for 5M a year?!?!?!? are you kidding me? no way

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#29 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

Wow, Dean Lombardi....

#30 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

Gaborik for 5M a year?!?!?!? are you kidding me? no way

The trade off was the length for a guy whose best years are behind him and has had a lot of injuries.  I like it though, their window for them to win more cups still has several more years to it and they are locking up all the important pieces.  Besides, in 7 years the average 3rd liner will probably make 5 million anyway.     

Edited by Lateralous, 25 June 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#31 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

Kings are a win now team. They will eventually have a lot of dead cap at some point with some of these deals as these guys fade a big but that won't happen for a few more years from now at least.

I wonder if they lock Justin Williams up to an extension. He won't be cheap.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#32 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

The trade off was the length for a guy whose best years are behind him and has had a lot of injuries. I like it though, their window for them to win more cups still has several more years to it and they are locking up all the important pieces. Besides, in 7 years the average 3rd liner will probably make 5 million anyway.

That and he gets enough security where they appreciate him and won't throw him out like trash the way the Rangers AND Columbus did.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 25 June 2014 - 01:16 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#33 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

No way Vanek gets anywhere near the deal the Isles offered him with Gaborik signing for under $5M per.

#34 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,905 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

No way Vanek gets anywhere near the deal the Isles offered him with Gaborik signing for under $5M per.

The two have nothing at all to do with one another.  All the Gaborik deal has done is taken one potential Vanek suitor off the market.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#35 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

They gave Gabby more years and he in turn took less money.  That's what a lot of players do after winning a Cup somewhere and have a loyalty and a dedication to one team.  I think its a fair trade off.  With that low of a hit, it gives the Kings options if his play goes to sh!t.  They can buy him out, he can retire, or they could even trade him if he still has value there.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#36 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,721 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug:
To all GM’s.. Am told by league that commenting publicly on ufa players will not be considered tampering during this period. So no dodging.

#37 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

@NYP_Brooksie: Informed source reports that Rangers have NOT inquired about impending UFA Stastny. Don't have the cap space to be bidder in auction. #NYR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#38 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,721 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

@NYP_Brooksie: Informed source reports that Rangers have NOT inquired about impending UFA Stastny. Don't have the cap space to be bidder in auction. #NYR

Good good. Also, there's a rumor out there about Sharp and the 24th pick going to Vancouver for Kesler.

#39 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

Haha basically the other previous reporters only reported that the Rags inquired about Stastny because everyone expected them too.

Trader Sather is a genius

Signer Sather is a predictable idiot.

#40 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Haha basically the other previous reporters only reported that the Rags inquired about Stastny because everyone expected them too.

Trader Sather is a genius

Signer Sather is a predictable idiot.

Well it's always Pitt, NYR, CHI, LAK in the mix during these periods. Notice that DET has been replaced by MIN. It's all patterns, Man

mk6ihcS.gif?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users