889 replies to this topic

#541 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,541 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

Philly has no money to do that. Unless they're gonna pay him like $9 million, CBJ matches without thinking. And that's a moronic article. Sean Couturier or Brayden Schenn isn't getting  you Ryan Johansen. Every team likes him but they're not trading him for something like that. He says trade him or we'll sign him to a 6 yr $40 m offer sheet. Columbus says then lol ok and they'd match that in a millisecond. Randy Miller's a moron  

They can't even afford to offer sheet him.  They're already over the cap, and the summer cap is only $6.9M above the regular one.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#542 William D'Aquila

William D'Aquila

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

Dude, shut...up. 

Yeah well dude thats just your opinion man

#543 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

They can't even afford to offer sheet him.  They're already over the cap, and the summer cap is only $6.9M above the regular one.

I know I think I said that in the post before. Miller's just dumb as rocks on this. Plus if Philly did have the money, they'd be better off throwing it at Subban since they've been seen to greatly underrate his value before w/ the bridge deal 

Edited by DH26, 02 July 2014 - 02:50 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#544 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

Depending on how true the rumors in this article are, it seems like the Flyers are even scumbags in the front office.  It's just some dude playing armchair GM, which we all have done before.  The thing that bothers me is the rumors like these

I don't think this is very common in the NHL.  For GMs to subtlety be like, "Watch your RFA, unless you'd rather make a deal."  It seems so scummy to me, but would not surprise me if Holmgren did this.  I do not see Lou operating in this way at all, let alone sign other teams players to offer sheets.

You'd have a better chance of seeing Lou rocking a skull and cross-bone earing, Diesel jeans, and a Ed Hardy t-shirt to the HOF induction ceremony this coming season than him making the threats that Holmgren allegedly made to Nashville RE: Shea Weber during his RFA year.

Posted Image

#545 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Radim Vrbata's camp doesn't wish to reveal which teams are in the running for the UFA wing out of respect for the process and those teams."

It's like Lou doing the comm' for Vrbata' agent... 

Edited by moustic, 02 July 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#546 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

Radim Vrbata's camp doesn't wish to reveal which teams are in the running for the UFA wing out of respect for the process and those teams."

It's like Lou doing the comm' for Vrbata' agent... 

well this almost guarantees we're in it lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#547 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

go google vrbata's name it comes up that he is on the New Jersey devils... weird
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#548 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

go google vrbata's name it comes up that he is on the New Jersey devils... weird

It's from wikipedia.  People here were messing around with it.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#549 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

maybe Lou should somehow try to land thomas hertl while we're still stacked of Czech guys lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#550 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,044 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

Depending on how true the rumors in this article are, it seems like the Flyers are even scumbags in the front office.  It's just some dude playing armchair GM, which we all have done before.  The thing that bothers me is the rumors like these

I don't think this is very common in the NHL.  For GMs to subtlety be like, "Watch your RFA, unless you'd rather make a deal."  It seems so scummy to me, but would not surprise me if Holmgren did this.  I do not see Lou operating in this way at all, let alone sign other teams players to offer sheets.

That's bush league. I'm even happier Nashville matched and shoved it up their ass now. And if I were a GM and I got that call from a colleague, I'd tell him in no uncertain terms to fvck off.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#551 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

Move Ryder or Brunner for Vrbata and this team is set.

Cammalleri Zajac Jagr
Havlat Elias Vrbata
Clowe Henrique Ryder/Brunner
Ruutu Gionta Zubrus
Bernier Sislo

believe-zubrus.jpg

#552 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,044 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

lou-kurdzukjpg-555242c20255658e_large.jp

Edited by MadDog2020, 02 July 2014 - 03:51 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#553 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

Cammalleri Zajac Jagr
Havlat Elias Vrbata
Ruutu Gionta Zubrus
Bernier Sislo

i dont know much about cammalleri, havlat or vrbata.. but if "set" if the right word to use then that would feel a little exciting.. although people were saying the same thing last year when we picked up jagr, ryder and brunner and 2 of the 3 were no shows.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#554 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,996 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

Well, the Islanders just got a whole lot better. Grabovski and Kulemin signed to 4-year deals.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#555 fsu1852

fsu1852

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

Cammalleri Zajac Jagr
Havlat Elias Vrbata
Ruutu Gionta Zubrus
Bernier Sislo

Move Ryder

#556 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Move Ryder

agreed i would rather see ryder moved then brunner and im sure atleast one of them is going to get moved out.. atleast when brunner gets hot he is hot for a few games it seemed like but both are just way too inconsistent in general.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#557 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Well, the Islanders just got a whole lot better. Grabovski and Kulemin signed to 4-year deals.

More importantly, the Isles are past the cap floor now, so scratch them as a landing spot for Brunner or Ryder.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#558 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

More importantly, the Isles are past the cap floor now, so scratch them as a landing spot for Brunner or Ryder.

they juuuust signed kulemin and grabo. 9.2m per year extra on the cap now

Edited by SterioDesign, 02 July 2014 - 03:58 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#559 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

wtv what that sources is worth... 7,600 followers... lets just take this as a "what if" kind of thing for discussion.

Source confirms to me that #Habs are amongst finalists for Radim Vrbata. However, they do not have the highest bid. Decision tomorrow.

#Habs latest offer for Radim Vrbata appears to be a 4 year deal worth $4.125M per season. Initial Habs offer was 3 years.

UFA F Dany Heatley is willing to accept a 1 year deal worth around $2M with the right team. In talks with #Jets #Penguins #Devils

would be be okay with giving Vrbata lets say... 4 years 4.5m or something lets say we're really in for him?

=======

per Josh Rimer

Just spoke w/ Radim Vrbata, "Nothing is gonna happen today probably. My agent is still taking to teams so I will have better idea tommorow."

Edited by SterioDesign, 02 July 2014 - 04:19 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#560 fsu1852

fsu1852

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

Devils are probably offering him 5 years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users