924 replies to this topic

#581 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

Jacob Josefson scored one goal last year and it was a short-handed goal.  He didn't have an assist on any goals by Zajac or Jagr, either.  I'm not sure what you're referring to but it sounds like it didn't happen - maybe the line got a goal, but he wasn't in on it?

I don't think Henrique is a waste at center - he's overpriced, certainly, and he is better on the wing overall - but he just can't be given a bunch of scorers to play with.  Clowe and Ryder were a decent fit with him.

I'm trying to look through the game logs, but can't find it at the moment. Not sure what I was thinking....maybe a dream. Either way (a little silly saying that now), he had a fairly short leash with Pete. He's not going to score much, but he still brings enough different things that I hope he is part of the team next season.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#582 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Uhhh, I wonder if Lou was looking for a center this off-season. Henrique is not nearly as good at C...basically he should not be playing center, but with this team I see no choice at all. He's just a waste there.

Based on everything from last year (a lot of it deserved), I think it is going to be such an uphill climb for Jacob to have a spot on this roster. There was a game last year where he was put back with Jagr and scored a goal early in the game. That line was broken up by the end of the 2nd period. If "6th man" Stephen Gionta ever scored a goal when he got time with Elias, he prob would have been praised for months and given a top 6 spot for weeks.

For Josefson to win over Pete and Lou, he needs to have a great training camp, get some points in pre-season and come on very strong in the first 5 games of the season. Don't know if he'd get a shot after that.

Are you thinking the Yankee stadium game? JoJo had a great shift which helped lead to Zajacs goal then he was taken off that line.

Edited by Zubie#8, 02 July 2014 - 07:57 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#583 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

According to Sportnet twitter, Vbrata id a canuck. Two years ten million

#584 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:39 PM

Two years that's a decent contract. Would've liked him here but again, could've been difficult moving Ryder and Brunner

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#585 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Ahh well. I guess we're done for the summer.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#586 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

never know we could still be surprised with a trade
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#587 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

If we trade and have room I'd take a look at Heater for the same deal as Havlat.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#588 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

That would be stupid.

#589 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

That would be stupid.

Seriously?

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#590 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

Heatley would be a waste. He's junk.

#591 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

Seriously?

The point of moving a forward would be to create space for one of the extra forwards we already have signed.

Shipping off Brunner/Ryder and then signing another forward (especially one as meh as Heatley) would be a lateral move at best, if not a counterproductive one.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#592 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

The point of moving a forward would be to create space for one of the extra forwards we already have signed.

Shipping off Brunner/Ryder and then signing another forward (especially one as meh as Heatley) would be a lateral move at best, if not a counterproductive one.

I don't think Heatley is meh on a contract like Havlat, but that's just me.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#593 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

I'm trying to look through the game logs, but can't find it at the moment. Not sure what I was thinking....maybe a dream. Either way (a little silly saying that now), he had a fairly short leash with Pete. He's not going to score much, but he still brings enough different things that I hope he is part of the team next season.

Yeah, very short leash for Josefson last season. I thought he looked very good with Zajac and Jagr, but the team started playing poorly and Pete had to put someone else in his spot to see if the offense would click. He played the next game (some of it on that same line), too, but the Blues shut the Devils out, and that was it for him on the line with Zajac and Jagr. Pretty disappointing, but I really hope they can find a full-time spot for him this year. He's got a lot of talent, but if he's not going to be given enough chances to develop it, it'll be wasted.

#594 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

I don't think Heatley is meh on a contract like Havlat, but that's just me.

That is you.  Heatley is almost certainly finished.  He is a guy who only scores goals who can't get on the ice because he doesn't do anything good.  I mean, Havlat is probably done too, but at least he has a history with Elias and you can squint and see that he might've had a decent year last year.  If I'm a team desperate for offensive players (which NJ no longer is - I mean, they're not going to score a whole lot, but they have plenty of guys at Heatley's talent level), maybe I give him a tryout, but I think his days of being a useful NHLer are over.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#595 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

Carp, you too?

https://twitter.com/...0077441/photo/1

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#596 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

its fun to have a gamble on the team that you think... oh maybe he'll come back. But we always a few of those. then thats not fun thats risky

Edited by SterioDesign, 03 July 2014 - 07:01 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#597 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:15 AM

I wonder if Lou has any appetite for Steve Ott?  I guess you can use all cliches, Heart/Soul guy, great in the room, sticks up for his teammates, great PK guy? He'll get $$$. 

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#598 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

I wonder if Lou has any appetite for Steve Ott?  I guess you can use all cliches, Heart/Soul guy, great in the room, sticks up for his teammates, great PK guy? He'll get $$$. 

read that Minny and Toronto are the 2 teams remaining on him

www.SterioDesign.com

#599 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

Thing I like about Heatley is that when Clowe or Havlat become injured, he can be moved up into their place. He may have fallen off, but he's managed to play most of the season. I believe Heatley even played on the PK in Min.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#600 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Thing I like about Heatley is that when Clowe or Havlat become injured, he can be moved up into their place. He may have fallen off, but he's managed to play most of the season. I believe Heatley even played on the PK in Min.

Heatley's main role is to be a triggerman, well, he failed pretty miserably at that averaging 1.5shots/game.  That's on par with Zubrus and Stephen Gionta who have other duties on the team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users