924 replies to this topic

#601 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

Thing I like about Heatley is that when Clowe or Havlat become injured, he can be moved up into their place. He may have fallen off, but he's managed to play most of the season. I believe Heatley even played on the PK in Min.

It's just the fact that we have too many forwards as is.  I have the feeling that Lou isn't ready to give up on both Ryder AND Brunner.  Maybe one, but Ryder would back more in terms of value I feel.  Maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder if someone even wants him.  I could see Lou telling Brunner to get lost ala Olesz. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#602 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

It's just the fact that we have too many forwards as is.  I have the feeling that Lou isn't ready to give up on both Ryder AND Brunner.  Maybe one, but Ryder would back more in terms of value I feel.  Maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder if someone even wants him.  I could see Lou telling Brunner to get lost ala Olesz. 

I should have mentioned that we should sign Heatley if someone is moved.

#603 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

Isn't David Legwand still out there? Is he worth a look ?

#604 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

Isn't David Legwand still out there? Is he worth a look ?

Yes and yes. I would be happy signing either him or Ott. We are still a really weak team at center.

Ott, legwand, yip, moss, and matt greene are the only players left on my list who are still unsigned. Or did moss sign somewhere? Anyway they won't sign moss or yip anyway because we signed bernier and gionta. Greene, legwand and/or Ott would make this a better team though.

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt, 03 July 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#605 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

wtv what that sources is worth... 7,600 followers... lets just take this as a "what if" kind of thing for discussion.

Source confirms to me that #Habs are amongst finalists for Radim Vrbata. However, they do not have the highest bid. Decision tomorrow.

#Habs latest offer for Radim Vrbata appears to be a 4 year deal worth $4.125M per season. Initial Habs offer was 3 years.

UFA F Dany Heatley is willing to accept a 1 year deal worth around $2M with the right team. In talks with #Jets #Penguins #Devils

would be be okay with giving Vrbata lets say... 4 years 4.5m or something lets say we're really in for him?

=======

per Josh Rimer

Just spoke w/ Radim Vrbata, "Nothing is gonna happen today probably. My agent is still taking to teams so I will have better idea tommorow."

Dany Heatley is only 33. Thought he was mich older..

Edited by slasher72, 03 July 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#606 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

Yes and yes. I would be happy signing either him or Ott. We are still a really weak team at center.

Ott, legwand, yip, moss, and matt greene are the only players left on my list who are still unsigned. Or did moss sign somewhere? Anyway they won't sign moss or yip anyway because we signed bernier and gionta. Greene, legwand and/or Ott would make this a better team though.

would legwand produce more than brunner or ryder?

#607 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,058 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

Ott is garbage and Legwand is too expensive.  Matt Greene signed in LA for way too much money.  Moss would've been a good addition; I'm curious where he ends up.  Brandon Yip scored 11 goals in the AHL this year, he's not an NHL player.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#608 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

Ott is garbage and Legwand is too expensive.  Matt Greene signed in LA for way too much money.  Moss would've been a good addition; I'm curious where he ends up.  Brandon Yip scored 11 goals in the AHL this year, he's not an NHL player.

Greene is a D man so I don't know why we would be interested. Legwand would be too expensive. Moss would be decent I guess.

Yip actually managed 14 g and 34 pts in the A, but I agree with Tri, he hasn't done anything since 10-11.

#609 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

I can't understand why anyone is still talking about remaining UFA forwards.  If/when Josefson signs, that makes 14 NHL forwards.  If Lou brings Carter back, that's 15.  Not to mention Boucher and Matteau may have a shot to stick with the team in training camp.

Give it up.  Other than shipping out Ryder or Brunner, this is the group we have.

#610 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

I can't understand why anyone is still talking about remaining UFA forwards.  If/when Josefson signs, that makes 14 NHL forwards.  If Lou brings Carter back, that's 15.  Not to mention Boucher and Matteau may have a shot to stick with the team in training camp.

Give it up.  Other than shipping out Ryder or Brunner, this is the group we have.

Well..Lou, himself, said they might still be looking to add a forward (not including signing Carter or Josefson). Who knows what other moves he could make be it buyouts or trades.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#611 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

I get the feeling that as time passes Carter will be going somewhere else.

#612 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

Well..Lou, himself, said they might still be looking to add a forward (not including signing Carter or Josefson). Who knows what other moves he could make be it buyouts or trades.

exactly, multiple sources said we were in on vrbata, to me that means Lou was considering making a move. Now that vrbata is off the table we could very well be done but it's not like Lou has been sitting on his hands after signing cam and havlat.

#613 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

Lou should look at the Chicago situation with 2010 first round pick Kevin Hayes, 6'3, 205pounds score 27 goals 38 assists in 40 games with Boston college last year. (and Lou loves his Boston college players)

I guess he doesnt want to sign with the Hawks cause he wants to play in the NHL next season but there's simply no room for him anytime soon in chicago. So if the Hawks can't sign him by August 15th... Lou could put in an offer there.

Cmon Lou make it happen

Edited by SterioDesign, 04 July 2014 - 08:32 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#614 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

Lou should look at the Chicago situation with 2010 first round pick Kevin Hayes, 6'3, 205pounds score 27 goals 38 assists in 40 games with Boston college last year. (and Lou loves his Boston college players)

I guess he doesnt want to sign with the Hawks cause he wants to play in the NHL next season but there's simply no room for him anytime soon in chicago. So if the Hawks can't sign him by August 15th... Lou could put in an offer there.

Cmon Lou make it happen

He'll probably go to Calgary who have his college linemates Gaudreau and Arnold

#615 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,058 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Devils aren't exactly brimming with spots at the moment either.  I mean, I think it's a good fit, NJ has like 6 guys who they can't bet on to play more than 65 games, but yeah I imagine there will be other offers.  I'm not so sure about that Calgary thing.

#616 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

Devils aren't exactly brimming with spots at the moment either. I mean, I think it's a good fit, NJ has like 6 guys who they can't bet on to play more than 65 games, but yeah I imagine there will be other offers. I'm not so sure about that Calgary thing.

Devils will have 3 top 9 spots for grabs next year assuming they don't trade Ryder or Brunner. He's probably better than Matteau at this stage, but Boucher? Unless the devils offer him crazy money, there is no reason to come here

#617 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,058 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

exactly, multiple sources said we were in on vrbata, to me that means Lou was considering making a move. Now that vrbata is off the table we could very well be done but it's not like Lou has been sitting on his hands after signing cam and havlat.

Could you cite for me these multiple sources?  I never heard anyone credible saying the Devils were in on Vrbata.  Gulitti said he never heard anything.

#618 PacificDevil

PacificDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

Could you cite for me these multiple sources? I never heard anyone credible saying the Devils were in on Vrbata. Gulitti said he never heard anything.

Puck Daddy said something like Devils were in on Vrbata because they were trying to sign every Czech player over 30. Not sure if he heard it from anywhere reliable. Id say Lou is done with forward signings but would still look to get someone like maybe Raphael Diaz

#619 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

Puck Daddy said something like Devils were in on Vrbata because they were trying to sign every Czech player over 30. Not sure if he heard it from anywhere reliable. 

Sounds to me like that might be a joke.  :)

There was this guy (Canucks Sportswriter): https://twitter.com/...423038943772673 but I don't know how much faith we can put into his statement, especially in reference to the Devils.

Claiming "multiple sources" were saying the Devils were in on Vrbata is almost certainly wrong.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#620 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

Could you cite for me these multiple sources?  I never heard anyone credible saying the Devils were in on Vrbata.  Gulitti said he never heard anything.

To be fair, Gulitti never hears anything.  He's good for the basic template of covering the team in-season and he helps follow up on stuff, but he never ever breaks anything of substance.  He doesn't seem to have much intel outside of the rink.  I mean, Brooks has beaten him several times with breaking stuff, on the Devils.

I can say there's been rumors of Lou having a Clowe/Cammalleri like crush on Vrbata for years, even back when he was with Carolina.  So there might have been something.

I don't think we're expressly done (although I don't think there will be any big moves).  I think it's possible there's a move to shuffle the forwards deck a little bit further with perhaps a trade and I think Lou is going to keep tabs on the possibility of adding a depth defenseman perhaps.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users