Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

Heatley signed with the Ducks:1 year 1 mil

Good, glad it's not here.

We already have our bargain reclamation project in Havlat.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#663 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

Sharp or Hossa are likely on the way out, but not until 2015-16.  I'd assume they try to move Hossa, considering his age and what he could bring back.  Hossa is still an elite two-way player and if he can stay healthy, he's dangerous.

Hossa is signed through 2021. It's unlikely he's going anywhere.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#664 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

He's not a UFA, but Gunbrandson just inked a two year extension with the Panthers.  Curious to see the terms, as, absent a huge breakout year, it could similar to what Larsson ends up getting.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#665 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

He's not a UFA, but Gunbrandson just inked a two year extension with the Panthers. Curious to see the terms, as, absent a huge breakout year, it could similar to what Larsson ends up getting.

Gudbranson isn't good though. Larsson can at least hack it in the league. How good he'll be obviously remains to be seen

#666 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

Gudbranson isn't good though. Larsson can at least hack it in the league. How good he'll be obviously remains to be seen

Whether it's because the Devils are a better team, the fact remains that Gudbranson has three straight years in the NHL without being sent down to the AHL.  He hasn't been that great and hasn't played an 82 game season (not sure if it was because he was a healthy scratch or injuries), but really neither has Larsson, and it's probably not because DeBoer was being unfair with him.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#667 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

Hossa is signed through 2021. It's unlikely he's going anywhere.

The idea is that the team that is trading for him would get a present value bargain in order to accept the risk of the recapture penalty.  In three years his salary goes down to one million, at which time there's a pretty good chance he bolts to the KHL if he's still good, and whatever team he's on is stuck with three to four years of a significant recapture penalty.

In other words, after two or three years from now, it's hard to imagine a team that would want to touch him no matter how good he still is. 

Posted Image

#668 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

Whether it's because the Devils are a better team, the fact remains that Gudbranson has three straight years in the NHL without being sent down to the AHL. He hasn't been that great and hasn't played an 82 game season (not sure if it was because he was a healthy scratch or injuries), but really neither has Larsson, and it's probably not because DeBoer was being unfair with him.

The Panthers have picked in the top two the last two years. They're obviously not a very good team and let their young kids play. Relative to the rest of the Panther defense, Gudbranson gets killed out there.

Larsson was better than the average NJ dman possession wise last year. The puck goes the right way when he's on the ice. NJ is obviously trying to win now and I think even you can admit he was playing some of his best hockey before he got hurt in SJ. It's not his fault Larsson and Gelinas played well in his absence. He is obviously too good for the AHL

#669 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

The Panthers have picked in the top two the last two years. They're obviously not a very good team and let their young kids play. Relative to the rest of the Panther defense, Gudbranson gets killed out there.

Larsson was better than the average NJ dman possession wise last year. The puck goes the right way when he's on the ice. NJ is obviously trying to win now and I think even you can admit he was playing some of his best hockey before he got hurt in SJ. It's not his fault Larsson and Gelinas played well in his absence. He is obviously too good for the AHL

I do think the time in the AHL has helped Larsson.  He saw powerplay time and often quarterbacked it, and that could work wonders for him in the big leagues.  He plays a lot more physical than we saw in his rookie year.  I'm excited to see him in the Fall.  I predict to see some great improvement from him this year and to really solidify his spot, maybe a few downs, but mostly ups.  

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#670 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

The idea is that the team that is trading for him would get a present value bargain in order to accept the risk of the recapture penalty.  In three years his salary goes down to one million, at which time there's a pretty good chance he bolts to the KHL if he's still good, and whatever team he's on is stuck with three to four years of a significant recapture penalty.

In other words, after two or three years from now, it's hard to imagine a team that would want to touch him no matter how good he still is. 

This isn't how recapture works.  You don't get off the hook by a trade.  Whatever cap space was 'gained' by the Hossa contract will be accounted for when he retires, split between the teams where he had the gain in the proper proportions.  So right now (counting next season) Hossa's earned $47.4M but has only taken up $31.65M in cap space - this difference will be accounted for on the Hawks' books.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#671 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

This isn't how recapture works.  You don't get off the hook by a trade.  Whatever cap space was 'gained' by the Hossa contract will be accounted for when he retires, split between the teams where he had the gain in the proper proportions.  So right now (counting next season) Hossa's earned $47.4M but has only taken up $31.65M in cap space - this difference will be accounted for on the Hawks' books.

Ok, my mistake.

Posted Image

#672 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Ott re signed in St. Louis.

#673 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Ott re signed in St. Louis.

Another bullet dodged imo.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#674 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

Dubinsky signs a 6 year extension at 5.85m.  People praising the deal, claiming "he's the type of player you need to win".

Curious, after people scoffed at Zajac's extension last year.

believe-ll.jpg

#675 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

Dubinsky signs a 6 year extension at 5.85m. People praising the deal, claiming "he's the type of player you need to win".

Curious, after people scoffed at Zajac's extension last year.

Former Rag brah. Ex-Rags are winners brah.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#676 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

That Dubinsky deal makes me feel Zajac's is a steal

#677 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

That Dubinsky deal makes me feel Zajac's is a steal

It's longer for a player who is older.  Dubinsky's contract ends when he is just turning 35.  Zajac's deal ends when he is just turning 36.  I think both will end up pretty awfully, actually.

#678 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

It's first line center money.  Zajac is not going to have a problem once age starts catching up to him.  His not a slow player, but that speed is what helps his offense imo.  He'll still be effective in a checking role.  

#679 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

It's first line center money.  Zajac is not going to have a problem once age starts catching up to him.  His not a slow player, but that speed is what helps his offense imo.  He'll still be effective in a checking role.  

It is not first line center money.  Neither Zajac nor Dubinsky are receiving 1st line center money.  

#680 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

It is not first line center money.  Neither Zajac nor Dubinsky are receiving 1st line center money.  

1st line center money for a center who isn't a superstar/elite point-getter.  That's a lot of money to be being a guy who is slotted to be a number 2 or 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users