924 replies to this topic

#801 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

Del Zotto isn't bad, he's just not very good.  A few changes to his game and he could be a valuable piece.  I think the reason it took him until August to sign isn't because he didn't have offers before - he wanted to go to the right place to rehabilitate his career.

I mean it says a lot when a team like Nashville doesn't even give you a qualifying offer as a 23 year old, and after they gave up a solid NHL defenseman to get you in the first place. 

Can't say I paid attention to him that much, but he was absolutely putrid in the Devils/Rangers 2012 series, to the point that he made Salvador look like Nik Lidstrom. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#802 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,750 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

I mean it says a lot when a team like Nashville doesn't even give you a qualifying offer as a 23 year old, and after they gave up a solid NHL defenseman to get you in the first place. 

Can't say I paid attention to him that much, but he was absolutely putrid in the Devils/Rangers 2012 series, to the point that he made Salvador look like Nik Lidstrom. 

Kevin Klein is not a solid defenseman - he's a 3rd pairing guy at best - and him not getting a QO was always a possibility - he had to be qualified at 2.9M (or at least 2.61M - not entirely sure of the rule).  A bit pricey for a guy who had played himself out of the lineup.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#803 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

With the right partner DZ is a good player with good offensive upside. I'm sure he will find a good place eventually.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#804 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Kevin Klein is not a solid defenseman - he's a 3rd pairing guy at best - and him not getting a QO was always a possibility - he had to be qualified at 2.9M (or at least 2.61M - not entirely sure of the rule).  A bit pricey for a guy who had played himself out of the lineup.

You sound like Anthony from our section. He hates Klein. When they made the deal, I hated it. But it was out of necessity. Klein performed admirably. He didn't really do anything to stand out which is essentially why they acquired him. He's a 3rd pair guy. I hope Del Zotto does well. With him, it's mental. He has ability and tools. But is Philadelphia the right environment? They can be downright nasty. On a one-year contract, it gives MDZ a chance to prove himself. The Rangers see the Flyers 3 times between November 19-29. That includes Del Zotto's return on Rivalry Night 11/19. That should be a treat.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#805 Guadana

Guadana

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

do some one knows links about coach`s cash like that? http://www.otherleag...racts-salaries/

best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#806 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

You sound like Anthony from our section. He hates Klein. When they made the deal, I hated it. But it was out of necessity. Klein performed admirably. He didn't really do anything to stand out which is essentially why they acquired him. He's a 3rd pair guy. I hope Del Zotto does well. With him, it's mental. He has ability and tools. But is Philadelphia the right environment? They can be downright nasty. On a one-year contract, it gives MDZ a chance to prove himself. The Rangers see the Flyers 3 times between November 19-29. That includes Del Zotto's return on Rivalry Night 11/19. That should be a treat.

I guess an interesting question would be, do you think that the Rangers still goto the Cup Final if say they make one less trade during the season?  Say, declining to trade either MDZ OR Callahan?  Obviously it's all hindsight at this point, but interesting to think about. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#807 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Ray Ferraro @rayferrarotsn 8m

John @Buccigross reports from Dublin on Ray Ferraro's twitter feed that @KevinPHayes12 has signed with @NYRangers #blueshiirts

Well, let's hope he sucks

#808 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

Ray Ferraro ‏@rayferrarotsn 8m

John @Buccigross reports from Dublin on Ray Ferraro's twitter feed that @KevinPHayes12 has signed with @NYRangers #blueshiirts

Well, let's hope he sucks

Just saw that. fvck sakes all the fvcking players wants to play there.

www.SterioDesign.com

#809 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Can't wait for 'Beginnings: Kevin Hayes'... Followed immediately by 'Endings: Matt Gilroy'.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#810 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,750 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Meh.  Would've been nice to have him but I don't think his future is as a top 6 forward.

#811 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

Can't wait for 'Beginnings: Kevin Hayes'... Followed immediately by 'Endings: Matt Gilroy'.

Then followed by "Summer of 94" and "Rangers 2014 Stanley Cup Finals: Return to Glory" on MSG Summer Ice!

#812 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,988 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

The kid sounds like he could be a stud. Also played with Kreider, apparently.

Hope he doesn't amount to anything.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#813 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

The kid sounds like he could be a stud. Also played with Kreider, apparently.

Hope he doesn't amount to anything.

I have no idea how good he is, but his senior year was the first time he broke more than a point a game, and that was on a stacked BC team.  It's also the first time he scored above 10 goals.  If you want to see what a real stud college player does, Parise had 61 points in 39 games as a freshman.  If he were also really amazing, Chicago, a team with cap issues that could use all the players on ELCs as it can get would have found a way to keep him.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#814 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,750 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

I have no idea how good he is, but his senior year was the first time he broke more than a point a game, and that was on a stacked BC team.  It's also the first time he scored above 10 goals.  If you want to see what a real stud college player does, Parise had 61 points in 39 games as a freshman.  If he were also really amazing, Chicago, a team with cap issues that could use all the players on ELCs as it can get would have found a way to keep him.

No, Hayes was not playing there under any circumstances, and this was rather apparent early on.

#815 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

No, Hayes was not playing there under any circumstances, and this was rather apparent early on.

He did that because he felt there wasn't a spot for him on the roster. So the point stands, if he was this can't miss type of prospect, or even Kredier-esque, they would have found a place for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#816 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

Rangers are at 50 contracts now, right? 

Edited by Marshall, 21 August 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#817 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

Rangers are at 50 contracts now, right?

Tambellini and someone else can slide. Think they have 49 without Moore

#818 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,750 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

Yeah, but they don't slide until the first cuts of training camp.  That means they'll have to move someone - I'd bet it's Danny Kristo for a conditional pick but I'm no prognosticator.

#819 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:16 PM

Out of conference but interesting nonetheless, Calgary signed Devin Setoguchi yesterday for 1 Year @ 750k, nice little signing for Calgary to fill out their Top 9. He'll probably play on either the 2nd or 3rd line RW. If I had to take a guess, probably on the 2nd line with Mason Raymond and Sean Monahan.

25smul5.png

#820 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:46 PM

Out of conference but interesting nonetheless, Calgary signed Devin Setoguchi yesterday for 1 Year @ 750k, nice little signing for Calgary to fill out their Top 9. He'll probably play on either the 2nd or 3rd line RW. If I had to take a guess, probably on the 2nd line with Mason Raymond and Sean Monahan.

he'll probably do alright for them for no other reason than they don't have anyone else. They have such a terrible forward corps that he'll get quality playing time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users