924 replies to this topic

#861 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

Wow that was a great scoop by FansFavorite.com on Gomez returning to the Devils. This site broke the story and has an inside team source. CHECK it OUT  http://www.fansfavor...turn-to-nj.html

Looks like they're vamping up Devils coverage and looking for writers!

I'm really curious. Was this just a lucky guess? I mean, clearly whoever wrote the "article" has no knowledge of Devils hockey with a sentence like "Clearly Gomez could become a Devil Fans Favorite yet again." But at the same time, he did write it first. It could have been a lucky guess playing the odds of the Devils bringing back an old player, but this person probably doesn't know that with a sentence like the one above. 

My out of the blue guess... a young, close relative (son probably) of someone involved in the sports business based out of NY.  The person posted pics from a 2011 regular season where they had seats near the glass. 

edit: nevermind I actually know exactly who this is now, I met this person once. Small world.

Edited by StormJosh, 29 August 2014 - 12:40 PM.

#862 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

If Gelinas gets a penny more than 1.5, that's insanity. That even seems like a lot. He has a lot to prove yet.

he has that super wicked shot and thats why he gets the attention he does, if he didnt have that shot he would pretty much be trash.. i sure hope he quickly starts to tighten up his game in his own end, once that happens he will be a pretty sweet gem.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#863 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

The Rags have signed Cocaine (Ryan) Malone: http://www.thehockey...cocaine-arrest/

Edited by MadDog2020, 11 September 2014 - 02:57 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#864 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

This is premature, but if Gelinas is being this difficult after 60 games in the NHL - I'd almost be tempted to trade him.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#865 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

This is premature, but if Gelinas is being this difficult after 60 games in the NHL - I'd almost be tempted to trade him.

It's tough. I bet the Devils are offering him Larsson money at one or two years and Gelinas was statistically one of the most effective dmen in the entire league. True, it was only 60 games and we clearly saw his defensive deficiencies but it's not like his agent has nothing to go on in regards to negotiations 

#866 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

Yeah Gelinas needs to sign on the dotted line already. In the words of Steve Austin- shut up and know your role.

Edited by MadDog2020, 12 September 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#867 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

Yeah Gelinas needs to sign on the dotted line already. In the words of Steve Austin- shut up and know your role.

Yeah, I think he's a little too new for this prima donna schtick. I can see him traded even if he signs if he's like this. (also, at the risk of exposing my wrestling nerdism, that was The Rock)

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#868 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

It's tough. I bet the Devils are offering him Larsson money at one or two years and Gelinas was statistically one of the most effective dmen in the entire league. True, it was only 60 games and we clearly saw his defensive deficiencies but it's not like his agent has nothing to go on in regards to negotiations 

Ummmm what?

#869 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:17 AM

Yeah, I think he's a little too new for this prima donna schtick. I can see him traded even if he signs if he's like this. (also, at the risk of exposing my wrestling nerdism, that was The Rock)

It doesn't help that Gilles Lupien is the agent- he and Lou can't stand each other. And yeah good call, that was The Rock lol.

#870 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

Ummmm what?

He had the most points/60 on the PP for defenceman in the entire league

#871 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

It doesn't help that Gilles Lupien is the agent- he and Lou can't stand each other. And yeah good call, that was The Rock lol.

Maybe if Lou can get a GM to buy on his offensive numbers and get a decent forward prospect, we can win out.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#872 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

That's just on the PP.  You said he was one of the statistically best in the league overall.

Or at least that's what I interpreted as you saying.

Edited by DevsMan84, 12 September 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#873 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

His defensive metrics took away a good deal of that.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#874 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

If Gelinas isn't there for the first day of camp, this is a problem.  Until then it's just a guy trying to get a decent 2nd contract.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#875 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:19 PM

This Gelinas stuff is great news for Damon Severson if he is as close to the NHL as some people are saying.

#876 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

This Gelinas stuff is great news for Damon Severson if he is as close to the NHL as some people are saying.

I think they want to give Severson a year in the minors as it's his first pro year.  There's a reason they brought Kaberle in

#877 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

If Gelinas isn't there for the first day of camp, this is a problem.  Until then it's just a guy trying to get a decent 2nd contract.

This isn't July/August anymore. Rookies are reporting after the weekend and Lupien basically came out two days ago saying Lou is being unreasonable which indicates they aren't close. You're right that it isn't an issue yet, but I think odds are that he is going to miss some time and that is pretty concerning because NJ is counting on Gelinas

#878 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM

This isn't July/August anymore. Rookies are reporting after the weekend and Lupien basically came out two days ago saying Lou is being unreasonable which indicates they aren't close. You're right that it isn't an issue yet, but I think odds are that he is going to miss some time and that is pretty concerning because NJ is counting on Gelinas

Lupien going to the press is a desperate move.  He doesn't have many options.  And there's still other guys out - DeKeyser, Krug, Brenden Dillon, Ryan Ellis.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#879 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:06 PM

Lupien going to the press is a desperate move.  He doesn't have many options.  And there's still other guys out - DeKeyser, Krug, Brenden Dillon, Ryan Ellis.  

There are holdouts every offseason but I can't remember there being THIS many. I thought the shoe would drop with Schultz and Barrie signing a couple of weeks ago but alas.

#880 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

as Lou always says- when you have time, use it.

I am not worried about the gelinas situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users