Photo

Larsson re-signed to 1 year, 1 way 900K contract. Confirmed.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

He needs to get a fair chance, you cant bench him for mistakes, and let the vets get away with it. This is exactly what hampers development.

He's played over 100 NHL games. He's getting fair chances. He needs to capitalize this season.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#22 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

Gotta have a breakout year, or sayonara! 

Posted Image Posted Image

#23 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

this is good... gives the guy a chance to get some more time in to prove himself
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#24 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:58 AM

He needs to get a fair chance, you cant bench him for mistakes, and let the vets get away with it. This is exactly what hampers development.

Right, the great hockey player developer Anhkheg.  Everyone is running around and saying the team is ruining Larsson, it's up to Larsson to take the next step, DeBoer or Lou cannot do it for him.  What else can a DeBoer do to a player to make him understand he's done wrong at the exact time?  By your argument, Tedenby should still be here because he's been "poorly developed".  Tedenby would get benched every game due to what I can only assume is his mistakes.  So I'd argue, this might piss Larsson off, but should we really care?  You think the team cares what Tedenby thought of the management and of his own development?

This year and next are going to really define where Larsson belongs in the d-corps, or if he doesn't have a place here. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#25 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:05 AM

I'm happy that he'll have a consistent spot in the line up now with Volchenkov and Fayne gone. Hopefully he can stay healthy and earn DeBoer's trust this year.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#26 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

Didn't Parise sign a one year deal after a lost season before he walked in free agency?

No way Larsson would want to test the free agent market after being demoted last year. Better to come back, try to prove himself, and look for a long term, higher dollar deal next year.

Either in NJ or elsewhere.

#27 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,983 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

Didn't Parise sign a one year deal after a lost season before he walked in free agency?

No way Larsson would want to test the free agent market after being demoted last year. Better to come back, try to prove himself, and look for a long term, higher dollar deal next year.

Either in NJ or elsewhere.

Larsson is an RFA next year.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#28 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

This is awesome.  Keeps him on the cheap for another year because I have no doubt he's going to become a pretty solid NHLer, once given a full and fair chance.

#29 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

He wants to gamble on himself and that's good. And if he has a bustout year he'll still have a manageable contract with a few years.

#30 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

At least NJ avoided the massive second contract that CLB is dealing with now/

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#31 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

Nice!  No more AHL for him!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#32 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

I think this is a mistake. Should have gone long term. He's got the upside where it's not all that much a gamble, and if you sign him long term now you still get him for cheap. Whereas say he goes off this year, then what position are we left in? Then maybe we can't afford our first top 5 pick in a while. That's scary. Would have put a little more into Larsson at this point.

(edit) just remembered he was an RFA. This deal makes a lot more sense now, let's just hope his AHL time this year is minimal to none

Edited by cgb6397, 01 July 2014 - 05:30 PM.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#33 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

I think this is a mistake. Should have gone long term. He's got the upside where it's not all that much a gamble, and if you sign him long term now you still get him for cheap. Whereas say he goes off this year, then what position are we left in? Then maybe we can't afford our first top 5 pick in a while. That's scary. Would have put a little more into Larsson at this point.

(edit) just remembered he was an RFA. This deal makes a lot more sense now, let's just hope his AHL time this year is minimal to none

He won't have AHL time this year. They aren't going to pay him 900k to play in the minors on a "show me" contract.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#34 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

He won't have AHL time this year. They aren't going to pay him 900k to play in the minors on a "show me" contract.

Was he on a two way deal this year?

#35 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

Was he on a two way deal this year?

Yes, he made 70k in the AHL

#36 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:12 PM

his skating is still an issue; almost too smooth, you want him to move his feet more...more panic 

hell come around but hes too cool = slooooow

Posted Image

#37 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

Yes, he made 70k in the AHL

Ok, the one way deal plus Fayne's departure make it totally make sense that he'll be NHL all the way this year (barring any injury/rehab situation).

#38 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

Really happy about this, I expect he will get top 4 minutes, and this team has gotten younger and faster w/ Vol gone & Larsson in...

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#39 William D'Aquila

William D'Aquila

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

If Larsson is fast I am Carl Lewis.

#40 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,251 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

he won't spend any time in the AHL because he is waiver eligible and would be 100% be claimed. he's in the nhl for good.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users