Hate it.

#42 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,726 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

If he gives us that ole bullsh!t then I will be pissed.

Nemchinov wore 12 I believe.

Ya know what kind of sucks?  If the Rangers had made this move we'd be laughing our asses off at them. 

Hope to be eating seconds and thirds of crow in the years to come, but this one is hard to feel good about at the moment.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 01 July 2014 - 12:47 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#43 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,410 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

Pretty much just unfortunate Cammy is what we ended up with.  I would love for this deal to work out but this has nightmare written all over it.

Best case scenario, in two years we are all going to be banging our heads against the wall. Probably case: we are banging our heads this November.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#44 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

Cammaleri fits a need and there are worse deals than this one coming out every minute (5 years 5+ for Orpik!!!!!!!!!, Bolland, Pouloit). People need to chill.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#45 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,915 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:28 PM

People need to understand the market.  This happens every year, people don't understand the market.  Brian Rolston got the same money and he was 3 years older and that was on a $56.8M cap.  This is a $69M cap.  It's what you pay to get a player like Cammalleri for free.  Might I have preferred 3/18 for him?  Yeah, maybe.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#46 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

Cammarelli's #'s/stats

http://stats.hockeya...ayer.php?pid=26

Last injury free season: 2008-09

More damaged goods to the roster, avg only 50 games over past 6 seasons... He needs to be on the ice, esp for the ~15 shootouts coming this season

#47 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,410 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

There's nothing wrong with hating on the deal, as long as you understand that Lou had no choice.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#48 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

Hoping this doesn't turn into Roger Dorn Brian Rolston Part Deux.  Because it sure feels like it could.  I'll be more surprised if it does work out than if it doesn't.

No way he is the same player than Rolston... Cammaleri is a skill forward, rolston had a cannon but wasnt really good outside of that... Cammy take care of himself a lot and have a lots of tools to scores goals

#49 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

I think this a very good signing, we lack speed and scoring and Cammalleri adds exactly that, my only complaint is the contract is probably too long by only 1 year but when Dave Bolland is being paid $5.5M, $5M for Cammalleri is fine

25smul5.png

#50 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

Moulson got the same deal. Much prefer Cammy. He'll enjoy playing with Zajac.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#51 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

i dont mind the move, we need a goal scorer and he can put the puck in the net

i feel bad for lou. if he doesnt make a move, people will criticize him here. if he makes a move, people criticize the contract. if he signs someones that everyone on the board wants, people will complain he paid too much to get him

the big name players are not going to come here unless we pay them a lot because right now we do not have the pieces to attract them here

#52 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

This is not as bad as people think.  We needed goals & Lou when out and bought goals.

Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#53 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,726 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

People need to understand the market.  This happens every year, people don't understand the market.  Brian Rolston got the same money and he was 3 years older and that was on a $56.8M cap.  This is a $69M cap.  It's what you pay to get a player like Cammalleri for free.  Might I have preferred 3/18 for him?  Yeah, maybe.

Yeah, three years would've been a little easier to take.

i dont mind the move, we need a goal scorer and he can put the puck in the net

i feel bad for lou. if he doesnt make a move, people will criticize him here. if he makes a move, people criticize the contract. if he signs someones that everyone on the board wants, people will complain he paid too much to get him

the big name players are not going to come here unless we pay them a lot because right now we do not have the pieces to attract them here

Neither one of you are wrong.  This UFA class is a bit thankless...I don't think there's a forward out there that would have gotten universal approval here.   

I wasn't really killing directly Lou for the reasons Tri states...signing UFAs is almost always an overpay-and-hope-for-the-best proposition...which is all we can do here.   

No way he is the same player than Rolston... Cammaleri is a skill forward, rolston had a cannon but wasnt really good outside of that... Cammy take care of himself a lot and have a lots of tools to scores goals

Was more comparing what the potential returns could be on the deal, not really making a pure skillset comparison. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 01 July 2014 - 01:52 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#54 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

Mike is talking on the NHL network now

#55 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

2 new players signed to the New Jersey Devils.

2 new players whose names are spelled wrong on their thread.

#56 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

I like this deal.  $5m isn't too bad in today's world for a proven 25-30 goal guy.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#57 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

He's on NHL TV now

"You're the youngest forward on the team now"

"Help the teams win games. Talking to Mr. Lamoriello has been interesting."

"young family, less travel in NJ was a consideration"

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#58 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,138 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Haha frustrating the crap out of me

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#59 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

After digesting this deal for almost 3 hours now, it;s not as bad as originally thought.  I mean the years are certainly a concern but I guess it is what it is to get a guy here.

I still there there is decent potential for this deal to turn into a nightmare but I will wish for the best as there is no use in worrying about what if's right now.

#60 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

:giggle: i am glad someone noticed

i wonder if we sign gionda and cardder

Edited by grcenter47, 01 July 2014 - 02:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users