138 replies to this topic

#101 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

the guy posted a nice highlight video, thanks for sh!tting on stuff.

Cammalleri's most common linemates over the last 5 years, in order of most ice time to least:

Plekanec, A. Kostitsyn, Mi. Backlund, B. Gionta, Gomez, Stempniak, Tanguay, Iginla

Hasn't played with a ton of good players, really.

Well id put plekanec about the same as zajac and iginla and those guys are equal or close to what we have in NJ... With a possession beast like jagr tho. Could be good

www.SterioDesign.com

#102 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

if we could just get plekanec

cammy zajac ryder

elias plekanec jagr

Posted Image

#103 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

It would of been nice to acquire Cammalleri during the season before the trade deadline to get a real good luck at him before signing him to a five year deal.

#104 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

the guy posted a nice highlight video, thanks for sh!tting on stuff.

Anytime!  :thumbsup:

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#105 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

Cammalleri got 9.2 S/60 last year, second best among the top 5 UFA forwards (Vanek with 9.9). He had the best Corsi Rel (+6.7) and a pretty unlucky PDO (but mostly because lol goalies in CGY). Considering what the other guys on that list got...NJ didn't do badly at all and the only objection is term but hey July 1.

http://www.extraskat...,395,94,167,438

Keep this in mind: Zubrus spent a lot of time on the top line and only averaged 5 S/60. Cammalleri is a huge upgrade in that regard, someone who actually can shoot the damn thing and do it well. I don't have split stats for Ruutu but he averaged 5.7 last year.  

Also curiously...when Cammalleri and Giordano were on the ice together, they had a 61% CF (and 77% GF in 300 mins). Cammalleri was 50% without Giordano but Giordano on 46% without Cammalleri (600 mins). Obviously this is b/c CGY's second line stunk in possession, but my point is that if you stick Cammalleri with Jagr and Zajac, find a workable d-partner for Greene (Merrill would be best I think), you'll see more goals. Hopefully, a lot. 

Edited by Marshall, 02 July 2014 - 11:32 PM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#106 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,541 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

Cammalleri got 9.2 S/60 last year, second best among the top 5 UFA forwards (Vanek with 9.9). He had the best Corsi Rel (+6.7) and a pretty unlucky PDO (but mostly because lol goalies in CGY). Considering what the other guys on that list got...NJ didn't do badly at all and the only objection is term but hey July 1.

http://www.extraskat...,395,94,167,438

Keep this in mind: Zubrus spent a lot of time on the top line and only averaged 5 S/60. Cammalleri is a huge upgrade in that regard, someone who actually can shoot the damn thing and do it well. I don't have split stats for Ruutu but he averaged 5.7 last year.  

Also curiously...when Cammalleri and Giordano were on the ice together, they had a 61% CF (and 77% GF in 300 mins). Cammalleri was 50% without Giordano but Giordano on 46% without Cammalleri (600 mins). Obviously this is b/c CGY's second line stunk in possession, but my point is that if you stick Cammalleri with Jagr and Zajac, find a workable d-partner for Greene (Merrill would be best I think), you'll see more goals. Hopefully, a lot. 

This is a bit misleading, because these Extra Skater stats are in all situations.  5 on 5 Cammalleri was actually 8th among UFAs in shots/60 - Thomas Vanek and Brad Richards are the only notable names who beat him out, the rest are guys who Clarkson the puck to the net at every opportunity they get - but Cammalleri is also an excellent shooter, so he ranked 9th overall in the league in goals/60 at ES..  When you move to the power play, Cammalleri ranked first in shots/60 among free agent forwards.  Overall Cammalleri ranks 15th in the league in G/60 at ES over the last 3 years (minimum 1500 minutes).  I'm more psyched about this signing the more I look into it.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#107 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

what are our lines gonna look like ? everyone is saying cam and travis are going to play together but isnt cam a rw? jagr was on travis's right last year and i dont think that should get broken up. jagrs line was looking for a good left winger last season. so why not put havlat there and put cam on a line with elias. so our top 2 lines would look like this:

Havlat-Zajac-Jagr

Henrique-Elias-Cammalleri

the last 2 lines are just gonna be really weird but thats what i think it should be.

ajq8o1.png

#108 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

Am I the only one who calls it wishful thinking where everyone is throwing Havlat top-6 minutes?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#109 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

Am I the only one who calls it wishful thinking where everyone is throwing Havlat top-6 minutes?

If he can keep healthy he should be capable of it. If not, well then the lines aren't going to involve him anyway are they?

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#110 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,996 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

He's going to be given the chance to play top 6 minutes with Elias. That was a big reason why he was signed. Is it wishful thinking he'll work out on the 2nd line, maybe....but it isn't wishful thinking to have him penciled in there to begin the season.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#111 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

i look at anything from havlat as a bonus. if healthy, i expect him to be at least as good as ryder was last year. if not, he's LTIR and who cares.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#112 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

maybe its just quiet at the saddledome but cammalleris shot sounds like a mantis shrimp 

i wish clowe zubrus ruutu could be a 3rd line...too many rightys 

Edited by lazer, 03 July 2014 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

#113 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

Listen, we were not even a playoff team last year and we brought in one of the best forward FA's out there and his contract is way better than many of the other ones signed this offseason. Looking back a few days later, I have no complaints; I think we got a lot better than we were on June 30th.

#114 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,362 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

We got 15 goals better by not signing Brodeur.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#115 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

We got 15 goals better by not signing Brodeur.

That's completely untrue. For that to make sense we would have had to replace Brodeur with someone who is substantially better than him. We did not. We probably could have, but we did not. Unless of course your assuming that if Brodeur stayed he would get more starts than the average backup - which at this point I think is also untrue.

Edited by Neb00rs, 05 July 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#116 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

That's completely untrue. For that to make sense we would have had to replace Brodeur with someone who is substantially better than him. We did not. We probably could have, but we did not. Unless of course your assuming that if Brodeur stayed he would get more starts than the average backup - which at this point I think is also untrue.

The chances of Marty playing more games than he deserves are higher than not. If Marty is on this team I think we are worse than if he isnt, regardless of the backup.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#117 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

you did replace brodeur with someone substantially better - his name is cory schneider.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#118 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

you did replace brodeur with someone substantially better - his name is cory schneider.

100% wrong, I don't even know what you're angle is. The team was clearly headed in the direction of starting Cory full-time no matter what.

The chances of Marty playing more games than he deserves are higher than not. If Marty is on this team I think we are worse than if he isnt, regardless of the backup.

Saying it doesn't make it true - and it isn't.

#119 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

100% wrong, I don't even know what you're angle is. The team was clearly headed in the direction of starting Cory full-time no matter what.

Saying it doesn't make it true - and it isn't.

It's true. It's very true. Brodeur was terrible last year and he'll be terrible this one. Schneider had one of the best save percentages in the league last year while Brodeur had one of the worst. You bring Marty back and he wins a couple of games while Cory struggles, it'll be a disaster again.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#120 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,541 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

'The Devils were trending towards making Schneider the full-time starter' - hmm yeah that sounds about right, wait you mean Brodeur started games post-trade deadline that weren't back to backs?  Yeah, let's just retire that idea.  Devils don't get 15 goals better unless Schneider takes 30 of Brodeur's starts, which isn't happening, but he could take 20 of them, which would make the team 10 goals better and possibly more.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users