30 replies to this topic

#21 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,039 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

I would rather have Carter jumping to the second line. Better speed and better hands. Bernier spent plenty of time in a top six role last year and did nothing with it. I hope he's fourth line or out of the lineup although I like the guy.

What? Ryan Carter should never ever be near a 2nd line. I guess Bernier shouldn't have either last year, but the Devils couldn't score so that explains it all.

It's not such an awful move, but it keeps Sislo from the roster, and I am pretty sure he is better than Bernier at this point.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#22 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,609 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

What? Ryan Carter should never ever be near a 2nd line. I guess Bernier shouldn't have either last year, but the Devils couldn't score so that explains it all.

It's not such an awful move, but it keeps Sislo from the roster, and I am pretty sure he is better than Bernier at this point.

It doesn't necessarily, but the Devils need a 5th RW.  They don't have anything in the AHL that gives me confidence in that spot - I thought they would have to sign an AHL scoreline RW.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#23 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,039 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

I just think there are too many forwards on the roster. Of course you don't plan to slot Ryder or Brunner on the 4th line, but if the plan was to keep the entire 4th line again, you have to dump a few forwards, and you are basically saying Josefson is not in this team's plans and Zubrus is more than a 4th liner (just barely). Just like last year, I think there is a really nice 4th line out there, but it is not the one that Pete and Lou will have.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,609 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

I just think there are too many forwards on the roster. Of course you don't plan to slot Ryder or Brunner on the 4th line, but if the plan was to keep the entire 4th line again, you have to dump a few forwards, and you are basically saying Josefson is not in this team's plans and Zubrus is more than a 4th liner (just barely). Just like last year, I think there is a really nice 4th line out there, but it is not the one that Pete and Lou will have.

There are right now, but remember, the Devils simply don't have a guy who shoots right handed in the minor leagues right now.  I don't even think there's one guy on their AHL roster who does, besides Timmins and maybe Demkov.  

I don't think Carter is coming back.  I think if the Devils had the biggest offer out there Carter would already be re-signed.  The Devils do need to be 15 forwards deep at least though; they've signed two injury prone players in Cammalleri and Havlat, plus they've got Clowe and Ruutu already.  If it means Bernier over Sislo so be it, I don't think there is a huge difference between the two over a season, and Sislo will be getting NHL ice time this year at some point.  I mean look, Sislo is a year removed from a .43 points/game season in the AHL, and I think he was even a healthy scratch at times during the lockout.  Meanwhile Bernier had 9 goals in the NHL.  I'm not convinced that one season where Bernier runs colder than ice and Sislo runs hot (at the AHL level) make the one guy definitely more valuable.  And they cost the same amount.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#25 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

Petey likes Bernier's strong possession skills behind the net, and he has hockey sense. if he could finish he'd have 15-18 goals a year

#26 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

Damn what's with all the Bernier hate? Are you guys getting him confused with Gionta? He had a weak season last year but he is by far the best member of CBGB. He's a big forward who can do dirty work in front of the net and can play in the top 6 if asked. Basically what Clowe is doing for a couple of million dollars less
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#27 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

Damn what's with all the Bernier hate? Are you guys getting him confused with Gionta? He had a weak season last year but he is by far the best member of CBGB. He's a big forward who can do dirty work in front of the net and can play in the top 6 if asked. Basically what Clowe is doing for a couple of million dollars less

youre on medication if you think he was the best player on the cbgb last .. this guy is a total waste hes straight junk and was completely useless last season..its a true shame that they brought this bum back they shouldve given his money to carter and been done with it.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#28 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

no way is he better than Carter.  Also, Lou even said himself something along the lines of "he had a bad year. this contract is a chance for him to resurrect his career"

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#29 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

youre on medication if you think he was the best player on the cbgb last .. this guy is a total waste hes straight junk and was completely useless last season..its a true shame that they brought this bum back they shouldve given his money to carter and been done with it.

I explicitly said he had a sh!tty season last year, and he did. But look at his contribution as a whole, he's by far worth the money. If you want to talk about a useless member of CBGB, It's Gionta. He's undersized, unbalanced and gets crucial ice time regardless. I would have much rather kept Bernier and Carter
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#30 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

Petey likes Bernier's strong possession skills behind the net, and he has hockey sense. if he could finish he'd have 15-18 goals a year

I've always felt this way and the positions he gets himself into to score keep me hanging on to hope that he's on the cusp of being a decent hockey player. But he gets those chances and completely chokes, misses empty nets, misses the right touch to get that elusive goal when we need it. It's encouraging that he plays hard and gets into the right positions so often, but he just needs to FINISH!!! So frustrating...

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Would love to see Carter back the forth line was solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users