Photo

Can we get some line speculation going here please?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,788 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

It's going to be tricky.  It really depends on who is healthy, because healthy the Devils have too many guys for a PP right now.  There's not much sense in having a player like Michael Ryder unless you are using him on the power play.  So assuming he's here, he's got to be used on the PP somewhere.  Then you've got the 4 Czech guys - do you put them all on the same PP?  Probably not, but then again, why not?  And what happens with Clowe?  So yeah, someone's got to move first, I think, before I even start to think about this.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#122 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

I would not want Camm on the point, I would rather have him on the half boards on his off side.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#123 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

It's going to be tricky.  It really depends on who is healthy, because healthy the Devils have too many guys for a PP right now.  There's not much sense in having a player like Michael Ryder unless you are using him on the power play.  So assuming he's here, he's got to be used on the PP somewhere.  Then you've got the 4 Czech guys - do you put them all on the same PP?  Probably not, but then again, why not?  And what happens with Clowe?  So yeah, someone's got to move first, I think, before I even start to think about this.  

Yup, you put Ryder on the power play with someone who's gonna attract considerable amount of attention away from Ryder's skating space: Jagry, obviously, maybe Cammalleri. Give Ryder the time and space, and his wrist shot is as deadly as anyone's in the league; all he's good for really.

#124 Crisis

Crisis

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

How about some Gomer predictions now? :D

"People said his brain was infected by Devils."
Posted Image

#125 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

Yeah, the PP should be very interesting. This is forwards only

WILL play on the PP, no doubts:

Jagr, Elias, Cammalleri

Most likely:

Zajac, Henrique

Maybes:

Ryder, Brunner, Havlat, Clowe

Edit: When you consider that every defenseman (sans Salvador) is capable of playing PP, I doubt they will put a forward on the point

Edited by SMantzas, 28 August 2014 - 03:08 PM.

#126 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,061 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

I would not want Camm on the point, I would rather have him on the half boards on his off side.

Absolutely agree.  That seems to be his bread-and-butter.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#127 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

How about some Gomer predictions now? :D

he gets shipped back to mexico.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#128 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,788 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:16 PM

hilarious, right, because he's mexican, not like you or me.  good one.  high five.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#129 William D'Aquila

William D'Aquila

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

il coltello loves people like you

#130 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

you're a good poster, so I'll assume you're just having an off day. Not you're best post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users