Photo

Significant FA's Remaining - Any Interest?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

I thought to avoid clutter, this deserves its own thread - if people disagree then mods can throw it into a UFA thread. Anyway, I made a list of the significant UFAs remaining:

(Let me know if I missed someone or added someone I shouldn't have)

Center

Derek Roy
Mike Rebeiro
Keith Aucoin
Steve Ott - STL - 2yr/5.2m
Jeff Halpern
Adam Hall (also RW)
Ryan Carter
Saku Koivu

Omissions: Scott Gomez, Michael Handzus

Left Wing

Dustin Penner
David Booth
Brenden Morrow - TB - 1yr/1.55m
Taylor Pyatt
Dany Heatley - ANA - 1yr/1m
Dan Cleary - DET - 1yr/1.5m
T.J. Galiardi
Ville Leino
Daniel Winnik

Right Wing

Devin Setoguchi
Lee Stempniak
Mikael Samuelsson
Todd Bertuzzi
Daniel Alfredsson
Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Radek Dvorak

Omissions: Chuck Kobasew, Mike Rupp, Ben Eager

Defense

Paul Ranger
Sami Salo
Carlo Colaiacovo
Derek Morris
Joe Corvo
Raphael Diaz
Anton Volchenkov - NSH - 1yr/1m
Michael Del Zotto
Francis Bouillon
Ryan Whitney
Ed Jovanovski
Cory Sarich
Sheldon Brookbank
Joni Pitkanen
Mike Komisarek
Henrik Tallinder
Andre Benoit

Omissions: Keaton Ellerby, Radek Martinek, Hal Gill

Goalie

Tomas Vokoun
Ilya Bryzgalov
Tim Thomas
J.S. Giguere (not officially retired)

Omissions: Martin Brodeur, Nikolai Khabibulin 

Edited by Neb00rs, 11 July 2014 - 01:23 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#2 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

I wouldn't mind the Devils taking a stab at Roy.

#3 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

if any more moves are made besides signing carter back than hopefully it will be through trade
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#4 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,903 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

its unreal... like...say 4 years ago. There's guys on this list like Roy, Booth, Morrow, Thomas, Heatley that i would have killed to have on the team. and now... meh...

www.SterioDesign.com

#5 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

its unreal... like...say 4 years ago. There's guys on this list like Roy, Booth, Morrow, Thomas, Heatley that i would have killed to have on the team. and now... meh...

It shows how tenuous the game is in terms of player longevity, and how dangerous long-term contracts are these days. Game's getting faster and maybe we'll look back in 20 years and say more grueling too. CBA limiting contract terms to 7-8 years is one of the best things to happen to the league. Ask the Rangers (and Minnesota in a few years)...

Edited by DJ Eco, 07 July 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#6 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

I agree. It's almost like you want to yell "sign him!" but then you realize getting Dany Heatley does not mean 'getting Dany Heatley'.

#7 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Hmm, Mike Rupp is available? That sounds like a Lou-esque signing to me, perhaps in lieu of Carter.

#8 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

Winnik would be nice.

#9 Bobby Perham

Bobby Perham

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

Galiardi or Ott.

#10 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,114 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Why are people wanting Steve Ott? I don't think he is very good. Not sure what people are thinking he brings to the table besides the usual intangibles (toughness, an edge to his game, etc).

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#11 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

Watch Lou find a way to get Rostislav Klesla... 

Watch ! 

#12 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

It shows how tenuous the game is in terms of player longevity, and how dangerous long-term contracts are these days. Game's getting faster and maybe we'll look back in 20 years and say more grueling too. CBA limiting contract terms to 7-8 years is one of the best things to happen to the league. Ask the Rangers (and Minnesota in a few years)...

Couldn't agree more about the bolded.  It always cracks me up how it's the GMs or their franchises who can't ever control themselves (which is what leads to the absurd 10+ year contracts to begin with), but then it winds up being on the players to somehow correct it later.

And yeah, it's amazing how quickly some of these contracts become albatrosses (often less than halfway through the deal).  Contracts like Elias' 7-year deal where the return was pretty good overall (the first two years were the roughest...just awful puck-luck) are pretty rare.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#13 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

Heatley, Galiardi or Winnik

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#14 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,988 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

Ott killed my fantasy team this past year, so forget him :lol:

As for Roy..I'd take a shot at him, but there are still just too many forwards right now.  Someone's gotta go first.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#15 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

Did the league shut-down for the summer? There's been dick for news now for almost a week. I understand the holiday weekend, but c'mon...
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#16 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

Did the league shut-down for the summer? There's been dick for news now for almost a week. I understand the holiday weekend, but c'mon...

100%. The deadest July 2nd I've ever seen.

#17 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

Would like Derek Roy as a 3C, but only if the price is right and we'd really need to be sure we could move Ryder and/or Brunner. If we could dump even just Ryder, I'd imagine that you could just give the money saved from the Ryder trade to Roy. He's only 31 and while his shot totals have been dropping, his shooting % was pretty bad last year compared to his career number.

Edited by ATLL765, 07 July 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#18 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

To be fair I think this July 1st was the busiest in a few years.  Not only that but I didn't really expect anything from the 4th until probably later today.

Plus most of the players left are a tier or 2 lower than the ones who have already signed.  Most will be signed to contracts between now and training camp in mid Sept.

#19 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,903 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

im sure Lou is trying to move some guys but who would take like... Zubrus and give assets when you can just sign like Ott and get something similar? There's so many guys i'd just sign on that list too before trading for ryder and a few guys

www.SterioDesign.com

#20 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,746 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

This is pretty standard IME - the first wave of moves comes right away, then there is a period of silence for the July 4th weekend, then things heat back up a little bit more.

Anyway, no, I wouldn't take any of the free agents. I'd like someone like Winnik but the Devils have Ruutu already.  They've got enough players.  Let's drop the puck already.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users