139 replies to this topic

#21 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

https://twitter.com/...960610115354624

Devils' conference call in 10 minutes DOES involve Cory Schneider and his contract. http://

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#22 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

This is what I am talking about.

Great deal for Cory. Good AAV as cap goes higher and all for what?...the #9 pick. This was a good move by Lou. I'm very happy. With the goalie and defense moving forward into the future, I'm very positive on our team.

To all the people who says Lou always lets FA walk...well, eat me.

#23 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Posting in this thread since it has major significance for this franchise over the next 5-7 years.

Very glad that Cory is here long term.

#24 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,181 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

yup officially signed schneider per Lou

www.SterioDesign.com

#25 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

Edit: repeated news, sorry

Edited by JSR, 09 July 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#26 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

Good to have guys like Zajac Henrique Schneider and Cammalleri wanting to come here or wanting to stay here.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#27 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,049 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

Thats a pretty good deal!

#28 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

Lamoriello: "It's longer than we've done in the past."

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#29 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

Bring me Kane.

#30 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

Dammit!!! Why can't Lou lock our players up long term before they hit free agen..... oh wait, nevermind.

Yay!

#31 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

This is amazing news. I thought last July 2013 that this trade would be a franchise-defining trade for the future if we could convince him to stay and finally, it's official.

This was a franchise-defining trade for the next 7, maybe 10+ years. So exciting!!!

#32 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,757 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

yup officially signed schneider per Lou

That's it?  God knows what you would've been posting had it gone the other way. 

Anyway, mild risk in that Cory is about to go into unchartered territory (65+ starts per season), but everyone here would've been willing to take that chance. 

And just as great:  CORY AIN'T GOIN' TO PITTSBURGH AND MAF AIN'T COMIN' HERE IN 2015!  HALLELUJAH!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 09 July 2014 - 03:11 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#33 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,181 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Gotta give credit to Lou for locking him up, thats definitely a step in the right direction

www.SterioDesign.com

#34 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

7 years 6mill per makes me as happy as can be.  a great contract, a goalie that'll last this team a nice long while.

this is absolutely fantastic news. my day is made!! very optimistic about where this team is going

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#35 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

Glad we can continue our 20+ year streak of not worrying about goaltending.

#36 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Schneider: "I tend to be a loyal guy. I don't have any interest in bouncing around from team to team."

Lou: Cory’s not here to replace Marty. Cory’s here to create his own identity.

Lou: Marty will always be a Devil (he means in spirit, people) (I think)

#37 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Dammit!!! Why can't Lou lock our players up long term before they hit free agen..... oh wait, nevermind.

Yay!

lol yep... But unfortunately there will be some fans out there that will find a way to poo poo this.

#38 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

Lou just said free agency isn’t a “status quo” process, becoming the first thing ever that isn’t “status quo” for Lou.

#39 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,757 posts

What's nice about Cory's situation is that even though he's following a legend, the legend's career ended in such a way that no one except the Marty fanboys will compare Cory unfavorably to Marty...not unless his play drops noticeably in the playoffs.  But it's great for Cory that he's going to feel the fan love right from the very start...this isn't Mickey Mantle following Joe DiMaggio (it took years for the Yankee faithful to embrace Mickey...some say the fans didn't really fully warm up to him until the home run record chase with Maris). 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 09 July 2014 - 03:19 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#40 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,869 posts

Devils want to bring Ryan Carter back but nothing to report “at this point” per Lou.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users